Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Problems You May Have and How To Fix Them
Summary: [iPhone 6s/6s Plus Problems] Have trouble with your iPhone 6s/6s Plus? Got errors and glitches when using iPhone 6s/6s Plus? Have problems with iPhone 6s/6s Plus Wifi, Speaker, Sound, Screen, Camera, Battery, Charging? Check out our complete roundup for iPhone 6s/6s Plus problems and fixes. Get Fix My iPhone Free >
100% Free & Secure Download
The iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus is the ninth generation of the iPhone, announced on September 9, 2015. The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus were succeeded by the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus but it has been a discontinued model with the release of the iPhone XS and iPhone XR on September 12, 2018 (How To Recover Deleted Call Log from iPhone). iPhone 6s/6s Plus is the first iPhone lineup that's support recording 4K videos at 30 ftp and introduced a new hardware feature called 3D Touch.
With the release of iOS 14, the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus becomes the last supported model, meaning it will not support new features and performance improvement in future iOS update (iPhone Contacts Missing or Contacts Disappeared After Update). In regards of hardware glitches, an iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus is subject to a series of complaints. For instance, iPhone 6s/6s Plus Unexpected Battery Shutdowns, iPhone 6s/6s Plus Bendgate, iPhone 6s/6s Plus Touch Disease, etc. In this particular iPhone Troubleshooting article, we listed up to 20 Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Problems so as to bring you a quick fix.
Best Free iOS System Recovery App
#1 iPhone 6s Problems Software Solution
Fix Up To 20+ iPhone 6s Software Glitches
Safely Restore iPhone 6s from Crashes
Most Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Problems and Best Fixes
iPhone 6s Battery Problems
If you noticed that your iPhone battery is draining fast, read this guide
iPhone 6s Screen Issue
Why iPhone 6s touch screen is not working, why it won't swipe, and how to fix the problem
iPhone 6s iOS Update Problems
Unable to install update file, an error occurred when installing iOS 13/iOS 14 on iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Error Code Problems
Troubleshoot iPhone 6s error 9, 4013, 10, 6, 2009, 4005, 75, 4010, 53, and more
iPhone 6s Bluetooth Problems
Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Bluetooth not working or cannot find Bluetooth contact issue
- Knowledge Base: iPhone 6s/6s Plus Basic Technical Specifications
- Part 1: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Battery Draining Fast Problems
- Part 2: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Touch Screen Not Responding Issue
- Part 3: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Unable To Update Problems
- Part 4: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Backup/Restore Errors
- Part 5: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus GPS/4G Signal Problems
- Part 6: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Bluetooth Problems
- Part 7: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Wifi Signal Problems
- Part 8: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Camera Not Working Problems
- Part 9: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Overheating Problems
- Part 10: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Frozen Screen Problems
- Part 11: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Black Screen Problems
- Part 12: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus So Sound Problems
Knowledge Base: iPhone 6s/6s Plus Basic Tech Specs
In many cases, a common iPhone 6s/6s Plus problem could be solved by better understanding on these basic iPhone 6s technical specifications. So prior to discussing iPhone 6s affected problems and best potential fixes, we'd like to show some basic iPhone hardware and software specifications.
iPhone 6s Specs:
|iPhone 6s Color
|Rose Gold / Gold / Silver / Space Gray
|iPhone 6s Capacity
|16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
|iPhone 6s Weight
|iPhone 6s Display
|iPhone 6s Chips
|iPhone 6s Camera
|iPhone 6s Recording
|iPhone 6s Touch ID
|iPhone 6s Cellular/4G
|iPhone 6s Videos/Audios
|iPhone 6s Siri
|iPhone 6s Battery
|iPhone 6s Battery Duration
|iPhone 6s Sensors
|iPhone 6s Operating System
Part 1: How To Fix iPhone 6s Battery Draining Fast Problems
iPhone 6s/6s Plus Battery Draining Scenarios (True Case): "Hi, I have an old used iPhone 6s Plus. Recently I noticed that after charging to 100% and powered it off, the battery won't hold the charge for more then 2 days. 2 days later when I tried to boot it up it will show a dead battery logo and request to be charged. Is this still a battery issue or something wrong with the hardware itself?"
Common Reasons That Can Cause iPhone 6s/6s Plus Battery Draining Problems (Diagnosis): The process of troubleshooting iPhone 6s Battery Draining Problem would be longer than you think. First up, for an old and intensively used iPhone 6s/6s plus, the battery life could be throttled by battery healthy. For an iOS software glitch, or unstable/crashing app that causes your iPhone 6s/6s Plus battery draining, you can follow this iPhone 6s Battery Problem Troubleshooting article to have a fix. Otherwise, Submit your device to Apple Genius Bar for hardware damage repair service.
How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Battery Draining Problems (Solutions):
- Fix 1 - Check iPhone 6s/6s Plus Battery Usage: Open Settings app > Battery > Battery Health > Check the Maximum Capacity to see if the battery of this iPhone 6s/6s Plus is still capable > Consider enabling Optimized Battery Charging on this iPhone 6s/6s Plus to reduce battery aging.
- Fix 2 - Quit or Delete Rogue Apps: Double click the Home button of iPhone 6s/6s Plus > Swipe to the app you want to force quit > To delete an app on iPhone 6s/6s Plus, back to main screen > Long Press an app you want to delete until you see the app icon start giggling > Tap Delete.
- Fix 3 - Restore your iPhone 6s/6s Plus from Backup: Use iTunes / iCloud to restore your iPhone 6s/6s Plus from previous backup. It's a method for fixing general iPhone 6s/6s Plus software glitches.
Part 2: How To Fix iPhone 6s Touch Screen Not Responding
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Touch Screen Not Responding Scenarios (True Case): I have an irritating iPhone 6s touch screen problem. Sometimes when I use my iPhone 6s the touch screen becomes unresponsive. The phone isn't stuck cause the Home button works, but touch doesn't work at all. But if I lock the phone, and unlock it, the touch works perfect again. This happens sporadically, and I have no idea why. I'm thinking it's a software error, as it always works after a lock/unlock.
What Is iPhone 6s/6s Plus Touch Screen Not Responding Problem (Diagnosis): iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus uses 4.7-inch widescreen display and IPS technology, which ensures the high responsive rate per your finger touches. From customer feedbacks, we noticed the iPhone 6s/6s Plus frozen, black or white screen issues usually happen randomly and also commonly when the device is freshly unlocked from the locked screen, either with a pass code or through Touch ID. Refer this article to learn how to troubleshoot iPhone 6s Screen not responding issues.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus Touch Screen Problems (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Tip 1 - Troubleshoot particular unresponsive apps: Confirm if it's the touchscreen of your iPhone 6s/6s Plus becomes unresponsive only in some apps. If so delete these problematic apps and then re-install them.
- Tip 2 - Make sure you use iPhone touch screen in good circumstances: Take off gloves and keep your fingers clean and dry while touching your iPhone 6s/6s Plus screen.
- Tip 3 - Take care of the screen protector: Remove the screen protector, clean the screen with a soft cloth and check out if the touchscreen is properly functioning now.
Part 3: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Unable To Update Problems
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus AirPod Not Working Scenarios (True Case): For the first time in my iOS life I am getting the "Unable to verify the update" message when installing iOS 13.5.1 update on my iPhone 6s Plus. Any idea on how to resolve the issue? I already restarted the phone but it didn't work. It's an iPhone 6s Plus I bought on 2016. In my iPhone X, the update worked fine.
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s/6s Plus Unable To Update Problem (Diagnosis): As is known, the iOS 13 software updates only take place in certain circumstances. And to have a smooth iOS 13 update, it requires enough free available storage space on your iPhone 6s Plus and other supported, stable network connection for wireless iOS 13 updates, and also good status of your iPhone battery for initialing the update.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus Unable To Update Problems (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Delete IPSW File and Try Again: For whatever the reason iPhone 6s/6s Plus update is interupted or hang in half way, you need to remove the incomplete iOS software update file (in .ipsw format) and relaunch the iOS update.
- Fix 2 - Check iPhone 6s/6s Plus Network Connection If You Use Wireless Update: Give a try with another Wifi Network or, you can update your iPhone to iOS 13 via iTunes
- Fix 3 - iPhone 6s/6s Plus Update Stuck with Apple Logo: If somehow you run into this iPhone 6s/6s Plus Unable to Install iOS 13 Update issue, give a try with iOS System Recovery tool.
Part 4: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Backup/Restore Errors
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Backup/Restore Error Scenarios (True Case): I want to ask if someone knows the problem I have with an iPhone 6s, I bought it from a friend. The first time I tried to boot it, it showed the "connect to iTunes" logo so I attached it to my PC for the very first time (original cable and I use a Macbook Pro with the latest iTunes version installed). The restore process started but then just freezes when the "Waiting for iPhone" logo shows up. It took more than 15 min before iTunes showed an iPhone 6s Error 4005.
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s Backup/Restore Errors (Diagnosis): Apple requires using IPSW files to download and install iOS firmware on an iPhone 6s/6s Plus, using SHSH to determine your device hardware digital signature protocol for iOS restores and updates and a series more complicated process to complete the iPhone 6s/6s Plus backup or restore, many unexpected iPhone 6s Errors may occur.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus Backup/Restore Errors (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Force Restart iPhone 6s/6s Plus: Force Restart your iPhone 6s/6s Plus > Connect your iPhone 6s/6s Plus to a computer using a USB cable > When you see the option to update or restore, click Update - Not Restore.
- Fix 2 - Check PC Firewall Settings To Fix iPhone 6s Error: If you cannot tell which software blocked the connection, then temporarily disable all of them and quit all irrelevant programs running background.
- Fix 3 - Update iPhone 6s Using iTunes: Instead of the OTA method to update your iPhone 6s, you can also try to update your device by using iTunes. Just connect the device, go to its Summary page, and click on "Check for Update".
Part 5: How To Fix iPhone 6s GPS/4G Not Working Problems
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus GPS/4G Not Working Problems Scenarios (True Case): Hi all, I bought a used iPhone 6s recently, and it has been working fine until now. With 4G Cellular service off, this iPhone 6s only has a rough idea of where I am, showing +/- several hundred meters. For comparison, that's my entire housing estate (iPhone Contacts Missing or Contacts Disappeared After Update). With 4G on, the phone knows what street I'm in. Would this be fixed by replacing the GPS antenna, or is my iPhone 6s GPS chip dead?
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s GPS/4G Not Working Issue (Diagnosis): Based on our feedbacks, the usual Restart-Reset–Restore method does not appear to help with common iPhone 6s/6s Plus GPS not working issues, such as iPhone 6s GPS/4G have no signal, iPhone 6s not updating my location, some apps not showing location correctly, etc. Follow this article to learn how to troubleshoot iPhone 6/6s GPS Not Working Issue.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s GPS/4G Not Working Issue (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Move your position to have better GPS/4G Signal: Move to a new location that probably has better GPS/4G Signal, preferably not in elevator, or other inclosed place.
- Fix 2 - Toggle iPhone 6/6 plus Location Services Off and On: Open your phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle the switch OFF.
- Fix 3 - Toggle Airplane Mode On and Off (Very Likely Fix): Open Control Center > Toggle Airplane Mode On and Off.
Part 6: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Bluetooth Problems
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Bluetooth Not Working Problem Scenarios (True Case): Update to the latest ios 13.5.1 last Monday when it was released. Had no problems with Bluetooth or wifi. Then today I notice my Bluetooth isn't working on my iPhone 6s Plus. In fact I can't even switch it on. Get the Bluetooth spinning wheel where the toggle switch should be (How To Recover Permanently Deleted Notes On iPhone 12). I've tired resetting network settings - No luck. I've tried erasing all and going back to factory - Not working. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this iPhone 6s Bluetooth Not Working issue? Thank you!
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s/6s Plus Bluetooth Not Working Problem (Diagnosis): Rebooting the system is always a technique commonly used to fix computer problems. Sometimes it also works for iPhone Software Problems. When restarting your iPhone 6s/6s Plus, the iOS will be shut down and started again. So if it's the software caused this iPhone 6s Bluetooth Not Working Glitches, then you may fix it by restarting this device.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus Bluetooth Not Working Problem (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Toggle Bluetooth: Similar as truning on/off AirPlane Mode, you can also fix your iPhone 6s Bluetooth not working problem by toggling the Bluetooth in Control Center.
- Fix 2 - Bluetooth Device Pairing Issues: If your iPhone 6s still cannot find/discover other bluetooth device, or it just keeps showing the bluetooth spinning wheel, then make sure your Bluetooth device and iOS device are close enough to each other.
- Fix 3 - Reset Network (Very Likely Fix): To Reset your Network Settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Part 7: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Wifi Not Working Problems
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Wifi Not Working Problem Scenarios (True Case): I have an iPhone 6s Plus, but occasionally my WiFi isn't working for certain apps, e.g WhatsApp and Facebook. Thus I need to use 4G Cellular to actually use the apps (How To Find Recently Deleted App on iPhone 6S). I've tried almost everything from restarting my phone, turning my phone into AirPlane mode for a while, turning on and off WiFi, forgetting the WiFi network, restarting the networks and reinstalling apps that weren't working, please help!
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s/6s Plus Wifi Not Working Problem (Diagnosis): This article will show you a complete troubleshooting tips that may help you walk out this iPhone 6s/6s Plus Wifi not working problem, including iPhone 6s/6s Plus Wifi greyed out, iPhone 6s/6s Plus Wifi connected but not working, iPhone 6s/6s Plus incorrect Wifi password, my iPhone 6s/6s Plus won't connect to Wifi but other devices will.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus Wifi Not Working Problem (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Airplane Mode: On your iPhone 6s/6s Plus, open Control Center from the Home screen, then tap iPhone Airplane Mode icon. You can also go to Settings > Airplane Mode and tap the slider to turn it on.
- Fix 2 - Toggle Wifi Off/On iPhone 6s: On your iPhone, open Control Center from the Home screen, then tap iPhone Wifi icon. You can also go to Settings > Wifi and tap the slider to turn it on.
- Fix 3 - Reset Network: To Reset your Network Settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Part 8: How To Fix iPhone 6s Camera Not Working Problems
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Camera Not Working Problem Scenarios (True Case): I have read that Apple has fixed the iPhone 6s Black Screen camera issue when trying to use the Camera app in iOS 13.5, I am encountering randomly issues when I come to use the camera inside WhatsApp. My iPhone 6s camera screen turns on for a second than it turns black, does anyone else have this issue and know whether iOS 14 can fix the iPhone 6s/6s Plus Camera Not Working Problem?
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s/6s Plus Camera Not Working Problem (Diagnosis): In iOS 13, it seems there is no particular improvement on photo shootings, but the latest iOS 13.5 did throw lots of trouble to iPhone 6s users. Common iPhone 6s Camera not working issues are iPhone 6s/6s Plus camera app missing or not opening, iPhone 6s/6s Plus Camera app crash, Showing black screen while we use on FaceTime, Social app, etc. Read this article to learn how to fix general iPhone 6s/6s Plus Camera Not Working issue.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus Camera Not Working Problem (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Close/Reopen Camera App: The Camera app on iPhone 6s/6s Plus may stop working due to interference with other third party apps, such as iMessages, WhatsApp, etc. So try: Close Camera App > Reopen it.
- Fix 2 - Reboot iPhone 6s/6s Plus: Rebooting an problematic iPhone 6s/6s Plus is always an efficient troubleshooting OP for iPhone Camera not working issues and alike.
- Fix 3 - Check If iPhone 6s/6s Plus Storage: Give a check if your iPhone 6s/6s Plus have enough space for taking the new photo and save it
Part 9: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Overheating Problem
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Overheating Problem Scenarios (True Case): My iPhone 6S Plus has been overheating since the initial setup process. I noticed immediately that it would only allow brightness to go up to 50% when my iPhone 6s got too hot (What Happens When I Delete iCloud Backup). I just received a temperature warning before coming to the forum to see if anybody else is having issues. Looks like an exchange may be in order, which is a shame because the rest of the phone has no issues.
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s/6s Plus Overheating Problem (Diagnosis): Some of the time, when an iPhone 6/6s Plus gets stuck on overheating issue, it may be just caused by an iOS firmware or some unstable apps crashing. Problems like this can be fixed without having to take that trip to the Apple Store. So, the next time you find your iPhone 6/6s Plus get overheating, try doing some basic troubleshooting before bring it to the shop.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus Overheating Problem (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Cool Down An iPhone 6/6s Physically: If your iPhone 6/6s Plus exceeds a certain temperature threshold, it will present an iPhone 6/6s Plus temperature warning screen.
- Fix 2 - Close Graphics-intensive Apps: Video streaming, game and other graphics-intensive apps are more likely to cause the iPhone 6/6s Plus Overheating issue.
- Fix 3 - Turn Off Background Refresh: The Background App Refresh feature in iOS may consume more battery resource and iPhone computing power, which heats up your iPhone 6/6s consequently.
Part 10: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Frozen Screen Issue
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Frozen Screen Issue Scenarios (True Case): Hello, I just received my iPhone 6S Plus from a friend. From time to time this iPhone 6s Plus freezes when I try to set it up or when I try to open an app (How To Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone). But after that, it runs smoothly again. This is a similar iPhone 6s Plus Frozen Screen problem I've seen on the forum threads. Is this software related or hardware?
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s/6s Plus Frozen Screen Issue (Diagnosis): Most iPhone 6/6s Plus Frozen Screen issues are caused by iOS software glitches or certain unstable apps. With thousands of tests, we noticed by removing certain unstable third-party app or reset/restore a malfunction iOS software can have good chance to fix your iPhone 6/6s Plus frozen screen issue.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus Frozen Screen Issue (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Delete Freezing Apps On iPhone 6/6s Plus: Touch and hold any malfunctioning app on the Home screen, then tap Edit Home Screen > Tap Delete icon to remove this app from your iPhone 6/6s Plus.
- Fix 2 - Force Restart iPhone 6/6s Plus: To force restart an iPhone 6/6s Plus, Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Side button (aka power) until you see the Apple logo.
- Fix 3 - Restore iPhone 6/6s Plus: You can use iCloud or iTunes to restore your iPhone 6/6s Plus from a backup.
Part 11: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus Black Screen Issue
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus Black Screen Issue Scenarios (True Case): My iPhone 6/6s screen gone black. Screen turns unresponsive. Tried to press the volume up and other main button at the same time to get Apple logo up but not responding. It is not flat and currently have it plugged in. It's only 2 weeks old? Can anyone help?
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s/6s Plus Black Screen Issue (Diagnosis): We have received couples of user feedbacks reporting that their iPhone 6/6s may have run into a problem where the iPhone screen goes black, and then the iPhone screen seemingly stays stuck on black. If you have similar iPhone 6/6s Black Screen issue, try our dedicated DIY fixes first before submit it to Apple Store.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus Black Screen Issue (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Delete Apps On iPhone 6s Plus: YouTube, Tiktok, Facebook and other particular apps are more likely to turn an iPhone 6/6s getting black screen issue. You can delete these problematic apps and redownload from App Store.
- Fix 2 - Force Restart iPhone 6/6s Plus: The Force Restart is an emergent method that can force your iPhone to restart when it gets stuck on blank screen.
- Fix 3 - Restore iPhone 6/6s Plus: You can use iCloud or iTunes to restore your iPhone 6/6s Plus from a backup.
Part 12: How To Fix iPhone 6s/6s Plus No Sound Issue
Common iPhone 6s/6s Plus No Sound Issue Scenarios (True Case): My iPhone 6s Plus worked fine before, now there is no sound, I can't hear when someone calls or SMS. I can hear sound from apps and YouTube etc with headphones plugged in. What might be the problem and what's the solution?
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone 6s/6s Plus No Sound Issue (Diagnosis): In most cases, when an iPhone gets no sound problem, it could be just a firmware crash brought about by some apps or other minor iOS issues. Problems like this can be fixed without having to take that trip to the Apple Store.
Best Tips for iPhone 6s/6s Plus No Sound Issue (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Check iPhone Volume Settings: Move the Ring/Silent switch button on your iPhone 6s/6s Plus forward—toward the device's display. Make sure the Orange/Silent isn't showing.
- Fix 2 - Turn Off Do Not Disturb: Open Settings app on your iPhone 6s/6s Plus > Do Not Disturb and make sure that Do Not Disturb is off.
- Fix 3 - Clean iPhone Speaker: If you think your iPhone speaker is getting blocked by water or dust, try this magic tool to clean your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
Now can you fix your iPhone 6s/6s Plus problems with our suggestions above? If you still have further iPhone 6s issues, feel free to contact us and we are happy to help. In addition, we will keep updating our iPhone 6s Porblems list so that to cover all upcoming software/hardware glitches on your Apple devices.
More iPhone Problem Fixes and Tips
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- The Best iPhone Data Recovery Software You Should Choose >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6s/6s >
- What Does iCloud Backup Include and Not Include >
- Best Ways To Transfer Photos from iPhone X To Computer >