After Apple's admitted to slowing down iPhones with degraded batteries, you probably have more concerns on your iPhone 6/iPhone 6s battery draining fast problem. We have composed a guide about 10 tips on fixing iOS 11 battery problems, which helps hundreds of users to ease up their pain. But this time Apple brought a real cure by releasing the highly anticipated iOS 11.3.
Wondering how long does the battery last on a iPhone 6s / iPhone 7? Curious about how iOS 11.3 iPhone Battery and Performance feature works? Or just want some quick tips to extend your iPhone battery life? Read on this article to learn how to fix your iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s / iPhone 7 battery draining fast problem.
Table Of Content:
- Part 1: What Is Battery Health (Beta) in iOS 11.3 And How Does It Work
- Part 2: What Does Maximum Capacity Mean in Battery Health
- Part 3: How Does Peak Performance Capability Works in iOS 11.3
What Is Battery Health (Beta) in iOS 11.3 And How Does It Work
If you're using an iPhone 6/plus, iPhone 6s/plus, iPhone 7/plus, iPhone 8/plus or iPhone X, you'll see a new feature in iOS 11.3 showing your iPhone battery health and recommend if your iPhone's battery needs a replacement. These can be found in Settings > Battery > Battery Health (Beta).
What Is Battery Health (Beta) in iOS 11.3
Additionally, you can see choose to enable/disable the performance management feature that dynamically manages maximum performance to prevent your iPhone 6/iPhone 6s' unexpected shutdowns. The iPhone Battery Health feature is turned on only after an unexpected shutdown first occurs.
As iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X models use a more advanced hardware and software design that can provide a more accurate estimation of both the power and the battery needs, this Battery Health feature only applies to iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.
What Does Maximum Capacity Mean in Battery Health
After updating to iOS 11.3, you'll see the Battery Health screen on your iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s. It includes information on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability. Here is how Apple explains this feature:Maximum iPhone battery capacity measures the iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s battery capacity. Batteries will start at 100% when your iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s first activated and will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges.
What Does Maximum Capacity Mean in Battery Health
How Does Peak Performance Capability Works in iOS 11.3
As your iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s battery health degrades, so can its ability to deliver peak performance. The Battery Health screen includes a section for Peak Performance Capability where the following messages may appear.
iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s Battery Performance is normal:
- When the iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s battery condition can support normal peak performance and does not have the performance management features applied, you'll see this message: Your (iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s) battery is currently supporting normal peak performance.
iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s Battery Performance is normal
iPhone Battery Performance management applied:
- When the performance management features have been applied, you'll see this message: This iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again. Disable.
iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s Battery Performance management applied
iPhone Battery health unknown:
- If iOS is unable to determine your iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s battery health, you'll see this message: This iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s is unable to determine battery health. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can service the battery. More about service options.
iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s Battery health unknown
iPhone Battery Performance management turned off:
- If you disable the applied performance management feature, you'll see this message: This iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. You have manually disabled performance management protections.. If your iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s has another unexpected shutdown, the performance management features will be re-applied. The option to disable will also be available.
iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s Battery Performance management turned off
iPhone Battery health degraded:
- If your iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s battery health has degraded significantly, the below message will also appear: Your battery's health is significantly degraded. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can replace your iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s battery to restore full performance and capacity. More about service options. This message does not indicate a safety issue. Your iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s battery can still be used. However, you may be experiencing more noticeable battery and performance issues. A new replacement battery will improve your experience.
iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s Battery health degraded
The Bottom Line
Now with the Battery Health feature in iOS 11.3, you may find a solution for your iPhone 6/iPhone 6s battery draining fast issue. One last thing is that, with SyncBird Pro, you can also free up space on your iPhone, browse iPhone backup content, slim down bloated iTunes library, to just name a few. So free download it here to start evelating your iPhone, iPad and iTunes experience.
More iPhone/iOS 11 Related Tips
- [SOLVED] How to Fix iOS 11 AirPod Problems >
- Top 10 Easy and Fast Tips to Fix iOS 11 Battery Problems >
- How To Fix Facebook Messenger Crashing on iOS 11 Problems >
- How To Sync Contacts from iPhone To Mac With/Without iCloud >
- Best Ways To Transfer Photos from iPhone X To Computer >