[Full List] 2020 Most Common iPhone X Problems and How To Fix Them
Summary: [iPhone X Problems] iPhone X Camera not working and with black screen? iPhone X Wifi, Bluetooth, speaker, camera or screen not working properly? Check out our complete tutorial on iPhone X problems and fixes. Get Fix My iPhone Free >
100% Free & Secure Download
The iPhone X is the eleventh generation of the iPhone and was announced on September 12, 2017, alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus (Check Common iPhone 8 Plus Problems). It was an evolutionary iPhone device that compacted with a set of "The technology of the future". The home button's fingerprint sensor was replaced with a new type of authentication called Face ID, the first iPhone using OLED screen, and using a glass and stainless-steel form factor and "bezel-less" design. Both the iPhone X design and product control received positive reviews.
Surprisingly the iPhone X was discontinued in the fall of 2018 following the announcement of the iPhone XS and iPhone XR, which is merely a shelf life of just over 10 months. We believe the main reason to cause the iPhone X the shortest ever lifespan in the history of the iPhone is due to its relatively forward-thinking yet immature design philosophy and hardware defeats. In this iPhone X troubleshooting article, we collected a full list of both common and particular iPhone X Problems and best fixes to help you.
Best Free iOS System Recovery App
#1 Solution For Common iPhone X Problems
Fix Up To 20+ iPhone X Software Glitches
Safely Restore iPhone X from Crashes and Freeze
Most Common iPhone X Problems and Best Fixes 2020
iPhone X Battery Problems
If you noticed that your iPhone X battery is draining fast, read this guide
iPhone X iOS Update Problems
Unable to install update, an error occurred when installing iOS 13/iOS 14 iPhone X/7 Plus
iPhone X Bluetooth Problems
Fix iPhone X Bluetooth not working or cannot find Bluetooth contact issue
- Knowledge Base: iPhone X Basic Technical Specifications
- Part 1: How To Fix iPhone X Battery Draining Fast Problems
- Part 2: How To Fix iPhone X Touch Screen Not Responding Issue
- Part 3: How To Fix iPhone X Unable To Update Problems
- Part 4: How To Fix iPhone X iTunes Backup/Restore Errors
- Part 5: How To Fix iPhone X Charging Slow Problems
- Part 6: How To Fix iPhone X Bluetooth Problems
- Part 7: How To Fix iPhone X Wifi Signal Problems
- Part 8: How To Fix iPhone X Camera Not Working Problems
- Part 9: How To Fix iPhone X Overheating Problems
- Part 10: How To Fix iPhone X Frozen Screen Problems
- Part 11: How To Fix iPhone X Black Screen Problems
- Part 12: How To Fix iPhone X So Sound Problems
- Part 13: How To Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Problems
- Part 14: How To Fix iPhone X Calls Dropping Problems
- Part 15: How To Fix iPhone X Green Screen Problems
- Part 16: How To Fix iPhone X Random Restart Problems
Knowledge Base: iPhone X Basic Tech Specs
The iPhone X is built with an array of breakthrough technologies that were introduced and applied on iPhone for the first time. But at the other side, these newly employed technologies also make iPhone X one of the most vulnerable iPhone devices (How To Download PDF On iPhone 11). So before troubleshooting iPhone X Problems, we prefer diving into iPhone X hardware specifications to help you better understanding it.
iPhone X Specs:
|iPhone X Color||Space Gray, Silver|
|iPhone X Capacity||64GB, 256GB||
|iPhone X Weight||
|iPhone X Display||
|iPhone X Chips||
|iPhone X Camera||
|iPhone X Recording||
|iPhone X Face ID||
|iPhone X Cellular/Wireless||
|iPhone X Videos/Audios||
|iPhone X Siri||
|iPhone X Battery||
|iPhone X Battery Duration||
|iPhone X Sensors||
|iPhone X Operating System||
Part 1: How To Fix iPhone X Battery Draining Fast Problems
iPhone X Battery Draining Scenarios (True Case): "I just got my iPhone X last weekend. Got first fully charge (1 hour) and noticed that the battery last for only 10 hours. Just unboxed for couple days, Battery health 100% (certainly), Bluetooth on, no heavy gameplay or streaming, no GPS, no Pulse Ox... I will try get few more full charge before return for warranty. Is there anyone got the same iPhone X Battery draining fast issue?"
Common Reasons That Can Cause iPhone X Battery Draining Problems (Diagnosis): Since the usage intensity of an iPhone X of each user is different, the definition of battery draining also varies. By the other way, both the iOS 13 and the upcoming iOS 14 is well-tamed mobile system software, which have solid performance on battery usage and health status. So it's has large chance that your iPhone X battery draining problem may get caused by some apps that go rogue after the iOS update. Keeping all regularly used apps updated is recommended to ensure they're working smoothly with the new iOS platform. Also you can give a check on our detailed instructions how to troubleshoot iPhone X Battery Draining Fast Problems.
How To Fix iPhone X Battery Draining Problems (Solutions):
- Fix 1 - Check iPhone X Battery Health Status: Open Settings app > Battery > Battery Health > Check the Maximum Capacity to see if the battery of your iPhone X is in good status > Consider enabling Optimized Battery Charging on this iPhone X to reduce battery aging.
- Fix 2 - Close or Delete Battery Swallowing Apps: Check the most used apps within 24 hours in Screen Time. Double click the Home button of iPhone X > Swipe to the app you want to force quit > To delete an app on iPhone X/7 Plus, back to main screen > Long Press an app you want to delete until you see the app icon start giggling > Tap Delete.
- Fix 3 - Manage iPhone X Settings: To do so: Disable Auto-Brightness > Adjust Screen Brightness > Adjust frequency of Background App Refresh > Enable Reduce Motion > Activate Low Power Mode.
Part 2: How To Fix iPhone X Touch Screen Not Working Issue
Common iPhone X Touch Screen Not Responding Scenarios (True Case): Received my iPhone X from Apple preorder today and was just finishing setting it up -- I was even able to make a phone call -- when the screen suddenly became completely unresponsive to touch. I have been on with Apple Support via chat and have restored to factory default via iTunes -- no help. And their best response is to walk into a store and see if they can exchange it, or make an appointment for iPhone X Screen repair. They can't even tell me what local stores might have stock for exchange. Does anyone has the same iPhone X Screen not responding issue.
What Is iPhone X Touch Screen Not Responding Problem (Diagnosis): In most cases, the issue of iPhone X touch scree not responding to touch input usually happens at random. When it's not clear why your iPhone X screen getting unresponsive to your finger touches, swipes, gestures, and other touch inputs, you can have a try to force restart iPhone X. If the problem still persists, have a check on if the iPhone X display is clear, dry and coatless. Follow instruction below to fix your iPhone X touch screen frozen and not working issue.
Best Tips for iPhone X Touch Screen Problems (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Tip 1 - Quit/Delete Freezing or Crashing Apps: To delete apps on an iPhone X, long press app icon until you see it gets shaking > Tap Delete.
- Tip 2 - Make sure you use iPhone touch screen in good circumstances: Take off gloves and keep your fingers clean and dry while touching your iPhone X screen.
- Tip 3 - Take Care Of The Screen Protector: Remove the screen protector, clean the screen with a soft cloth and check out if the touchscreen is properly functioning now.
- Tip 4 - Force Restart iPhone X: Press and hold both the volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button > When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
Part 3: How To Fix iPhone X Unable To Update Problems
Common iPhone X Unable To Update Scenarios (True Case): I'm attempting to update my iPhone X to iOS 14 via iTunes, but the process fails every time and my iPhone X is now stuck at the "connect to iTunes" screen and refuses to boot. When updating (How To Fix iPhone 6/7/8/Xr/11 Error 9), the iPhone will enter update mode as normal, but as soon as iTunes reaches "Verifying iPhone update with Apple" the iPhone X will immediately exit update mode and reboot to the "Connect to iTunes" screen and iTunes will display a "Could not connect to device" error.
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone X Unable To Update Problem (Diagnosis): A new iOS software can always ensure the optimum performance on your iPhone and we recommend to get as early iOS update as you can whenever a newer version is available (Common iOS 14 Problems and Fixes). Since Apple periodically to offer new and enhanced features and likewise to address existing iPhone X problems from iOS bugs and software glitches, it would be quite disappointing if your iPhone X failed or unable to upgrade to the latest iOS version. Check our dedicated iPhone X Manual article to learn how to fix iPhone X Update Failure issue.
Best Tips for iPhone X Unable To Update Problems (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Delete IPSW File and Try Again: For whatever the reason iPhone X update is interupted or hang in half way, you can remove the unfinished iOS software update file (in .ipsw format) and relaunch the iOS update.
- Fix 2 - Check iPhone X Network Connection If You Use Wireless Update: Verify if you can reach the iOS 14 update server or can verify the update. Give a try with another Wifi Network or, you can update your iPhone to iOS 13/iOS 14 via iTunes.
- Fix 3 - iPhone X Update Stuck with Apple Logo: If somehow you run into this iPhone X Unable to Install iOS 13/iOS 14 Update issue, give a try with iOS System Recovery tool.
- Fix 4 - Ensure sufficient free storage space on iPhone X: Make sure there are enough free available storage space on your iPhone X/7 Plus.
Part 4: How To Fix iPhone X iTunes Backup/Restore Errors
Common iPhone X Speaker Now Working Scenarios (True Case): I messed up my iPhone X with unordered settings and random downloads. I realized I would need to restore the device to make it like new. Connected to iTunes (184.108.40.206), iPhone X was detected in recovery, custom restore to iOS 13.6 (which I had used before successfully). Halfway through installation, the install was hanging. Left it for a few hours, just in case it would resolve itself. It did not. Used Task Manager to close iTunes. Tried again. Every time after that, I get "The iPhone "iPhone X" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (5)".
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone X iTunes Restore Error Problem (Diagnosis): There are several factors to consider about when troubleshooting the iPhone X Update/Backup/Restore Errors codes, which usually show up in iTunes for Windows PC or the Music app for macOS. Common iTunes/iPhone X restore errors include 4013, 9, 3005, 4037, 9006, etc. In fact, this issue can be traced to both software and hardware problems - but it's easy to solve if you approach it in the right way. Follow our complete iPhone X Restore Error troubleshooting article to have a fix.
Best Tips for iPhone X iTunes Restore Error Problems (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Check Updates for iTunes and PC/Mac: Check for updates to your Mac or PC. If you restart your computer for an update, check for updates again after you restart.
- Fix 2 - Force Restart iPhone X: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button > Press and quickly release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Top button until the device restarts.
- Fix 3 - Restore iPhone X in iTunes: When you see the option to update or restore, click Update - not Restore - to reinstall the software and keep your personal data.
Part 5: How To Fix iPhone X Not Charging Fully Problems
Common iPhone X Charging Issue Scenarios (True Case): Hi all, I have an odd problem with my iPhone X and was hoping someone may be able to help. When I plug in my iPhone X (Software: iOS 13.6), it connects to the car ('iPod connected') and starts to charge (How To Connect To iTunes When iPhone Is Disabled). But then after a few seconds, the one disconnects and stops charging. It then connects and starts charging after 20-30s before stopping again. And this pattern just repeats. Anyone else have similar issues?
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone X Charging Problem (Diagnosis): As explained by official Apple technicians, every iPhone X device is made up of many different programs responsible to process charging and other certain tasks. So an iPhone X Not Charging or won't charge in full issue can be brought about by bad/defeated iPhone X battery hardware, or by a broken USB charging port/cable (How To Connect An iPhone 11/11 Pro To iTunes). Follow our specific tutorials on how to solve iPhone X Charging Problems.
Best Tips for iPhone X Charging Problems (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - iPhone X Charges Slowly or Won't Charge: Check your charging cable and USB adapter for signs of damage > Use a wall power outlet and check for firm connections between your charging cable > Let your device charge for another half hour.
- Fix 2 - If your iPhone X Stopped Charging at 80 Percent: To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the iPhone device gets too warm, the iOS software will limit charging above 80 percent. Your iPhone X will charge again when the temperature drops.
- Fix 3 - Unable To Charge iPhone X Due To Your Accessory Isn't Supported or Certified Alert: If your iPhone X has a dirty or damaged charging port, your charging accessory is defective, damaged, or non Apple-certified, you may be unable to charge this device.
Part 6: How To Fix iPhone X Bluetooth Not Working Problems
Common iPhone X Bluetooth Not Working Scenarios (True Case): It seems I'm experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issue with my iPhone X running iOS 13.6. Both my wife's and my iPhone 11 Pro have no issue with Bluetooth connections. People on various Apple-related forums were saying it was a common iPhone X Bluetooth issue, and since then Apple released 13.6 to fix this issue. However, we are still having this issue since the update. The Bluetooth connection would drop in the middle of the call, and I would need to restart my iPhone X to reestablish the connection. Can anyone give some clues for a fix? Thanks for the help!
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone X Bluetooth Problem (Diagnosis): An iPhone X usually gets problematic when it comes to work with external Bluetooth devices. Lots of our community fans have reported the iPhone X Bluetooth problems since upgrading to their Apple's latest iOS 14 (How To Download PDF On iPhone 11). Recent iOS 13.5.6 updates were supposed to bring a fix, but they don't appear to have solve the issues for everyone. Here are three ways you can try to fix iPhone X Bluetooth issues yourself.
Best Tips for iPhone X Bluetooth Problems (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - You can't connect iPhone X to other Bluetooth devices: Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and your iPhone X are close to each other > Turn your Bluetooth accessory off and back on again > Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power.
- Fix 2 - If there's an app that's not working with Bluetooth accessory: Go to Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth on your iOS or iPadOS device, and make sure that you've turned on Bluetooth for the app.
- Fix 3 - If your iPhone X Not Connecting To Bluetooth Devices: If you previously connected your Bluetooth device to your iPhone X device, unpair the accessory, put it back in discovery mode, then try to pair and connect it again.
Part 7: How To Fix iPhone X Wifi Not Working Problems
Common iPhone X Wifi Not Working Scenarios (True Case): This is driving me crazy - my iPhone X can see the Wifi network but shows no Internet connection under the SSID. I've rebooted the router, restart the iPhone X, reset Network Settings just about everything but this iPhone X Wifi not connecting issue just continues. My wife's iPhone 8 Pro connects and the eSurfing just works fine, any ideas? Maybe check my access control settings to ensure the iPhone X device is allowed on the Wifi network?
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone X Wifi Problem (Diagnosis): In regards of the iPhone X Wifi connecting issue, we have discussed for several times and the ultimate conclusion is that a crashing firmware on the router or modem can be the root cause of the problem. So we recommend to do a restart on both side of the Wifi rooter as well as your iPhone X device (How To Connect An iPhone 11/11 Pro To iTunes). This will also help rectify any minor iPhone Glitches that might have led to your iPhone X software to crash.
Best Tips for iPhone X Wifi Problems (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Make sure that Wi-Fi rooter is on: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and make sure that Wi-Fi is on. Tap the name of your Wi-Fi network to join.
- Fix 2 - Check for issues with your Wi-Fi network: If your iPhone X detects an issue with your Wi-Fi connection, you might see a Wi-Fi recommendation under the name of the Wi-Fi network that you're connected to.
- Fix 3 - Reset iPhone X Network Settings: Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Part 8: How To Fix iPhone X Camera Not Working After Update
Common iPhone X Camera Not Working Scenarios (True Case): I´m new here and have an iPhone X which was dropped from table to floor. Now neither front and rear camera on my iPhone X aren´t working anymore. Now it's still under warranty so should I take it to the local Apple Store for a fix? If there is any way to repair this iPhone X Camera not working issue with some DIY methods?
Common Reasons That May Cause iPhone X Camera Not Working Problem (Diagnosis): The iPhone X Camera malfunctioning issues can be caused by both hardware defeats and software bugs. To check software, make sure you have granded the iPhone X Camera with full permission. Look to the right of the camera at the top/back of the screen, and make sure that there is nothing blocking the lens. Continue reading our complete iPhone X Camera Not Working Tutorial or give a check on the following quick fixes.
Best Tips for iPhone X Camera Problems (Tips & Potential Fixes):
- Fix 1 - Update iPhone X to the latest iOS version: Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Confirm if there is a new iOS version is available.
- Fix 2 - Test iPhone X With Facetime: The quickest way to test your both front and back cameras is with the FaceTime app (iMessage and FaceTime Waiting for Activation).
- Fix 3 - Force Restart iPhone X/7 Plus: When you restart your iPhone X/7 Plus, you are clearing the temporary memory of any errors or hung up apps.
The Bottom Line
Now can you fix your iPhone X problems with our suggestions above? If you still have further iPhone X software issues or hardware glitches, feel free to contact us and we are happy to help. In addition, we will keep updating our iPhone X Porblems list so that to cover all upcoming software/hardware glitches on your Apple devices.
More iPhone Problem Fixes and Tips
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- The Best iPhone Data Recovery Software You Should Choose >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone X/6s >
- What Does iCloud Backup Include and Not Include >
- Best Ways To Transfer Photos from iPhone X To Computer >