How To Fix
"Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5"
iOS 15.5 Won't Install - An error occurred installing iOS 15.5?
I am trying to install iOS 15.5 on an iPhone 12 Pro, and also my iPhone 8. When choosing to verify iOS 15.5 update, and error pops up - "Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5". If it's caused by incapable device or just an iOS 15.5 update issue?
There are several ways to update an iPhone 13/12/11/XS or earlier models to the latest iOS 15.5. But the update requires basic requirements and certain conditions. If you see such an error message - "Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5" - while trying to update your device, consider our curated iOS 15.5 Problems and Troubleshooting Tips to have a quick solution.
UPDATE 1 - What's New In iOS 15.5 (May 17, 2022): Apple today release iOS 15.5 and macOS Monterey 12.4, which makes enhancements to Apple Cash, with support for more easily requesting and sending money from the Apple Cash card in the Wallet app and some other new features. So far spotted iOS 15.5 issues includes iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo, AirPods/Move To iOS Not Working, iPhone Won't Charge, Zoom Unable to Detect Camera and a patch of security issues caused by Caches.iOS 15.5 What's New:
- Podcasts Update: The new Apple Podcasts app in iOS 15.5 includes a setting that allows users to limit the number of episodes stored on the iPhone or iPad. It automatically deletes older episodes, preventing the app from taking up too much storage space on an iPhone or iPad.
- Apple Pay Cash: In iOS 15.5, the Apple Pay Cash section of the Wallet app added "Request" and "Send" buttons to make it easier to manage cash directly from Wallet.
- Home App: iOS 15.5 adds WiFi signal bars that let you ensure the HomePod has a connection in the Home app.
- Photo Memories: iOS 15.5 added a list of "Sensitive Locations" to the Photos app, which means those locations are blocked from showing up in memories.
- Pro Tip for iOS 15.5: How To Use iPhone as Webcam
- iOS 15.5 addresses a bug that could cause home automations triggered by people leaving or arriving to fail.
- iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 also include more than 25 security fixes for WebKit, the kernel, Wi-Fi, AppleAVD, and more.
Table of Content:
- Part 1: Check If Your iPhone and iPad is iOS 15.5 Compatible
- Part 2: An Error Occurred While in Half Way? - Delete IPSW File and Retry
- Part 3: Check Network Connection If You Use Wireless Update
- Part 4: iOS 15.5 Install Stuck with Apple Logo and Black Screen
Part 1: Check If Your iPhone is iOS 15.5 Compatible
With every iOS update, Apple will drop support on relatively old devices. In comparison to the iOS 14 release last year, iOS 15.5 is no longer compatible with the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus ( How To Fix iPhone X Error 4013). Good news is, if you have an iPhone 6s/6s Plus, you can still keep it up to date with the latest iOS 15.5. If you constantly see this iOS 15.5 Update Error Message - "Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5", give a check on if your iPhone/iPad devices are supported by the current iOS 15.5 ( Why Unable To Activate Touch ID on This Phone ).
|iOS 15.5 Compatible Devices|
- It's a common sense that by upgrading to the latest iOS software, say iOS 15.5, you'll have the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes. But you should also keep in mind that not all features are available on all devices (Accidentally Deleted iMessage Conversation). Therefore, don't go hurry to update an old device to the latest iOS version unless you have series trouble with the current software.
Part 2: An Error Occurred While in Half Way? - Delete IPSW File and Try Again
As you know, the iOS 15.5 software updates only take place in certain circumstances. And to have a smooth iOS 15.5 update, it requires enough free available storage space on your iPhone, stable network connection for wireless iOS 15.5 updates, and also good status of your iPhone battery for initialing the update. Whichever part is getting out of track, you may get this error message saying: Unable to Check/Verify/Install/Download for Update, An error occurred while checking for a software update.
For whatever the reason iOS 15.5 update is interupted or hang in half way, you need to remove the incomplete iOS 15.5 software update file (in .ipsw format) and relaunch the iOS update again ( How To Fix iTunes Error 50). To remove and download the iOS update again:
How To Remove and Download iOS 15.5 Update Software Again
Open Settings app on your iPhone > General > Tap [Device name] Storage:
How To Remove iOS 15.5 Update Software
You'll see the list of apps installed on your iPhone > Select the iOS 15.5 update software:
How To Remove iOS 15.5 Update Software
Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update > Return to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS 15.5 update:
How To Remove iOS 15.5 Update Software
Check Network Connection If You Use Wireless Update
Apple issues iOS 15.5 update over the air by default. In regards of solving "Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5" issue, so as to have quick and smooth iOS 15.5 update wirelessly, it's suggested to cancel other downloading tasks, and use a fast Wi-fi network if available ( Learn Why My iPhone 6s Wi-fi is Not Working).
Somehow even your network works fine, you may still get an error message saying Unable To Update To iOS 15.5. If so, give a try with another Wifi Network or, you can update your iPhone to iOS 15.5 via iTunes ( Learn How To Transfer Music from iPhone To iTunes).
iOS 15.5 Install Stuck with Apple Logo and Black Screen
The final step of installing iOS 15.5 updates is to restart your device. While this is also a common scene that such an iOS 15.5 update errors occur - "Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5". When you installing iOS 15.5 update, it may be OK is the progress bar is moving slowly since the update time depends on the size of iOS software (and also the number of files on your iPhone, iPad).
However, if your iPhone gets stuck at Apple logo / loop, and cannot move any further, the iOS 15.5 update problems may be troublesome since you're losing control of your device. Fix My iPhone is the best in kind iOS System Recovery software for computers running macOS. It works in 99% of the iOS update failure scenarios including iPhone stuck on Apple Logo, as well as this "Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5" issue. If unfortunately you run into this Unable to Install iOS 15.5 Update issue, give a try with this iOS System Recovery tool.
Open Fix My iPhone and connect the iPhone with unable to install iOS 15.5 update issue to your Mac ( Check Common macOS Big Sur Problems):
Fix Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5 Step 1
Choose Instant iOS Fix (Restore iPhone to factory settings without losing iOS data) or Power iOS Fix (Force reset iPhone without iTunes):
Fix Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5 Step 2
Verify device model, iOS version and firmware version before restoring your problematic iPhone.
Fix Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5 Step 3
Click Download to start getting latest iOS 15.5 firmware for your iPhone > Continue to install it on your iPhone, when it finished, you'll see your iPhone get back to normal stage.
Fix Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5 Step 4
The Bottom Line
Now can you fix this "Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5" glitch and enjoy the new iOS 13 on your device? One last thing, for general iPhone/iOS 15.5 Software problems, it's suggested choose Fix My iPhone. Free Download To Have A Try >
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >