How To Fix
"Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7"
iOS 14.7 Won't Install - An error occurred installing iOS 14.7?
I am trying to install iOS 14.7 on an iPhone Xr, and also my iPhone 8. When choosing to verify iOS 14.7 update, and error pops up - "Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7". If it's caused by incapable device or just an iOS 14.7 update issue?
There are several ways to update an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the latest iOS 14.7. But the update requires basic requirements and certain conditions ( How to Free Up Space on iPhone or iPad iOS 14). If you see such an error message - "Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7" - while trying to update your device, consider our curated iOS 14.7 Problems and Troubleshooting Tips to have a quick solution.
UPDATE 1 - What's New In iOS 14.7 (July 20, 2021): Apple today released iOS 14.7 to the public, which includes MagSafe Battery Pack support, ability to combine Apple Card accounts, and more new features. iOS 14.7 update also fixed a set of software problems, including iOS 14.7 Won't Install, iOS 14.7 AirPods/Move To iOS Not Working, Cannot Connect To App Store, iPhone No Service, Fix My Speaker and a patch of security issues caused by iPhone Caches, etc.iOS 14.7 Major Issues and Bug Fixes:
- iOS 14.7 fixed an issue where the Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music.
- iOS 14.7 fixed an issue where Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop.
- iOS 14.7 fixed an issue where the Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored.
- iOS 14.7 fixed Fixes an issue where Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages.
- MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user.
- Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod.
- Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain.
- Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows.
Table of Content:
- Part 1: Check If Your iPhone and iPad is iOS 14.7 Compatible
- Part 2: An Error Occurred While in Half Way? - Delete IPSW File and Retry
- Part 3: Check Network Connection If You Use Wireless Update
- Part 4: iOS 14 Install Stuck with Apple Logo and Black Screen
Part 1: Check If Your iPhone or iPad is iOS 14.7 Compatible
With every iOS update, Apple will drop support on relatively old devices. In comparison to the iOS 13 release last year, iOS 14 is no longer compatible with the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus ( How To Fix iPhone X Error 4013). Good news is, if you have an iPhone SE, you can still keep it up to date with the latest iOS 14. If you constantly see this iOS 14.7 Update Error Message - "Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7", give a check on if your iPhone/iPad devices are supported by the current iOS 14 ( Why Unable To Activate Touch ID on This Phone ).
|iOS 14 Compatible Devices|
- It's a common sense that by upgrading to the latest iOS software, say iOS 14.7, you'll have the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes. But you should also keep in mind that not all features are available on all devices (Accidentally Deleted iMessage Conversation). Therefore, don't go hurry to update an old device to the latest iOS version unless you have series trouble with the current software.
Part 2: An Error Occurred While in Half Way? - Delete IPSW File and Try Again
As you know, the iOS 14.7 software updates only take place in certain circumstances. And to have a smooth iOS 14 update, it requires enough free available storage space on your iPhone, stable network connection for wireless iOS 14 updates, and also good status of your iPhone battery for initialing the update. Whichever part is getting out of track, you may get this error message saying: Unable to Check/Verify/Install/Download for Update, An error occurred while checking for a software update.
For whatever the reason iOS 14.7 update is interupted or hang in half way, you need to remove the incomplete iOS 14.7 software update file (in .ipsw format) and relaunch the iOS update again ( How To Fix iTunes Error 50). To remove and download the iOS update again:
How To Remove and Download iOS 14.7 Update Software Again
Open Settings app on your iPhone > General > Tap [Device name] Storage:
How To Remove iOS 14.7 Update Software
You'll see the list of apps installed on your iPhone > Select the iOS 14.7 update software:
How To Remove iOS 14.7 Update Software
Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update > Return to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS 14.7 update:
How To Remove iOS 14.7 Update Software
Check Network Connection If You Use Wireless Update
Apple issues iOS 14.7 update over the air by default. In regards of solving "Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7" issue, so as to have quick and smooth iOS 14 update wirelessly, it's suggested to cancel other downloading tasks, and use a fast Wi-fi network if available ( Learn Why My iPhone 6s Wi-fi is Not Working).
Somehow even your network works fine, you may still get an error message saying Unable To Update To iOS 14.7. If so, give a try with another Wifi Network or, you can update your iPhone to iOS 14.7 via iTunes ( Learn How To Transfer Music from iPhone To iTunes).
iOS 14.7 Install Stuck with Apple Logo and Black Screen
The final step of installing iOS 14.7 updates is to restart your device. While this is also a common scene that such an iOS 14.7 update errors occur - "Unable To Install iOS 14 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7". When you installing iOS 14 update, it may be OK is the progress bar is moving slowly since the update time depends on the size of iOS software (and also the number of files on your iPhone, iPad).
However, if your iPhone gets stuck at Apple logo / loop, and cannot move any further, the iOS 14.7 update problems may be troublesome since you're losing control of your device. Fix My iPhone is the best in kind iOS System Recovery software for computers running macOS. It works in 99% of the iOS update failure scenarios including iPhone stuck on Apple Logo, as well as this "Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7" issue. If unfortunately you run into this Unable to Install iOS 14 Update issue, give a try with this iOS System Recovery tool.
Open Fix My iPhone and connect the iPhone with unable to install iOS 14.7 update issue to your Mac ( Check Common macOS Big Sur Problems):
Fix Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7 Step 1
Choose Instant iOS Fix (Restore iPhone to factory settings without losing iOS data) or Power iOS Fix (Force reset iPhone without iTunes):
Fix Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7 Step 2
Verify device model, iOS version and firmware version before restoring your problematic iPhone.
Fix Unable To Install iOS 14 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7 Step 3
Click Download to start getting latest iOS 14.7 firmware for your iPhone > Continue to install it on your iPhone, when it finished, you'll see your iPhone get back to normal stage.
Fix Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14.7 Step 4
The Bottom Line
Now can you fix this "Unable To Install iOS 14.7 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 14" glitch and enjoy the new iOS 13 on your device? One last thing, for general iPhone/iOS 14 Software problems, it's suggested choose Fix My iPhone. Free Download To Have A Try >
Fix My iPhone
Version 1.9.3 (20 July, 2021) | Support iOS 14/13/12
Category: iPhone Fix
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >