How To Fix iPhone 12/11/Xr/8 Camera Not Working After iOS 15.5 Update
Summary: [iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working] How to fix iOS 15.5 camera not working issues, like camera app not opening, Camera app crash, Showing black screen, iPhone Camera Blurry after iOS 15.5 Update? Here are quick fixes. Get Omni Toolbox Free >
100% Free & Secure Download
In iOS 15.5, it seems there is no particular improvement on photo shooting or editing ability. However, the latest iOS 15.5 did throw lots of trouble to iPhone users. Common iOS 15.5 camera not working issues are camera app missing or not opening, Camera app crash, iPhone Camera black screen while using on FaceTime, Social app, etc. The most typical issue is that: After the iOS 15.5 update my iPhone camera started having issues (How To Fix iPhone Battery Draining Fast Issue). For some reason only the back camera doesn't work. If that helps anything. If anyone knows how to fix this it will be greatly appreciated.
UPDATE 1 - What's New In iOS 15.5 (May 17, 2022): Apple today release iOS 15.5 and macOS Monterey 12.4, which makes enhancements to Apple Cash, with support for more easily requesting and sending money from the Apple Cash card in the Wallet app and some other new features. So far spotted iOS 15.5 issues includes iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo, AirPods/Move To iOS Not Working, iPhone Won't Charge, Zoom Unable to Detect Camera and a patch of security issues caused by Caches.iOS 15.5 What's New:
- Podcasts Update: The new Apple Podcasts app in iOS 15.5 includes a setting that allows users to limit the number of episodes stored on the iPhone or iPad. It automatically deletes older episodes, preventing the app from taking up too much storage space on an iPhone or iPad.
- Apple Pay Cash: In iOS 15.5, the Apple Pay Cash section of the Wallet app added "Request" and "Send" buttons to make it easier to manage cash directly from Wallet.
- Home App: iOS 15.5 adds WiFi signal bars that let you ensure the HomePod has a connection in the Home app.
- Photo Memories: iOS 15.5 added a list of "Sensitive Locations" to the Photos app, which means those locations are blocked from showing up in memories.
- Pro Tip for iOS 15.5: How To Use iPhone as Webcam
- iOS 15.5 addresses a bug that could cause home automations triggered by people leaving or arriving to fail.
- iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 also include more than 25 security fixes for WebKit, the kernel, Wi-Fi, AppleAVD, and more.
DIAGNOSIS: When the all-new iPhone 11 hardware meets complete new version of iOS 15.5 software, iPhone glitches happening is something predictable. For this iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working issue, one possible reason is that iOS 15.5 has not been tuning up to integrate perfectly with a large amount of devices (Most Common iPhone X Problems and How To Fix Them). Try the following tips to solve your iOS 15.5 camera not working on general iPhone models, including iPhone 11/11 Pro, iPhone Xr/X/Xs, iPhone 8/7/6S/6 Plus, etc.
Common iPhone Camera Not Working Scenarios After iOS 15.5 Update:
Solved - My iPhone 11/X/XR/8/7 Camera and Flash Not Working after iOS 15.5 Update?
Solved - I Cannot Find Camera App on My iPhone. Is the Camera App Missing on My iPhone?
Solved - My iPhone 11/Xs/Xr/X Camera Not Working and Turns Black Screen after iOS 15.5 Update?
Solved - My iPhone 11 Camera Turns Blurry after Upgrading to iOS 15.5?
Solved - After updating to iOS 15.5, Facetime camera no longer working on my iPhone 11?
Solved - My iPhone 7 Plus 2X camera not working and with black screen?
Best Free iOS System Recovery App
#1 Solution for iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working
Fix Up To 50+ iOS 15.5 Software Bugs and Glitches
Safely Save iPhone from Crashes and Freezes
Most Common iOS 15.5 Problems and Best Fixes 2020
iOS 15.5 Battery Problems
Battery drain after iOS 15.5 update include system data corruption, rogue apps.
iOS 15.5 Update Problems
Unable to install iOS 15.5 update. An error occurred when installing iOS 15.5
iOS 15.5 Error Codes
Troubleshoot iPhone error 9, 4013, 10, 6, 2009, 4005, 75, 4010, 53 after iOS 15.5 update
iOS 15.5 Bluetooth Problems
Fix iOS 15.5 Bluetooth not working or cannot find Bluetooth device issue
- How To Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Method 1: Close/Reopen Camera App
- How To Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Method 2: Remove iPhone Cases
- How To Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Method 3: Clean Camera Lens
- How To Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Method 4: Reset iPhone Settings
- How To Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Method 5: Turn Off VoiceOver Feature
- How To Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Method 6: Check iOS Software Update
- How To Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Method 7: Restart iPhone
- How To Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Method 8: Check iPhone Storage
Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Issue Method 1: Close/Reopen Camera App
In the past several weeks, we have collected a bunch of feedbacks and suggestions on Why My iPhone 11/Xr Camera Not Working After iOS 15.5 Update and How To Fix This iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Issue without Bringing It To Apple Store (How To Fix iTunes Error 50). Give a try on our following troubleshooting tips to have a perfect fix.
At times, the Camera app on your iPhone 11/Xr/X alone may stop working due to interference with other third party apps, such as iMessages, WhatsApp, etc. So take a lucky try to see if you can solve this iOS 15.5 Camera Not working problem by: Close Camera App > Reopen it.
Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Issue Method 2: Remove iPhone Cases
If the photos taken by your iPhone camera are blurry or out of focus, it's possible that your camera lens is getting blocked or disrupted. You can remove any metallic or magnetic iPhone cases and camera accessories and try again by taking another photo (How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos on iPhone 6/6s). An iOS 15.5 camera blurry issue can be caused by the optical image stabilization on an iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone X, iPhone 11/11 Pro or later iPhones. This might explain why your iPhone camera isn't working after updating to iOS 15.5.
Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Issue Method 3: Clean Camera Lens
Another reason that may cause iOS 15.5 blurry photo issue is the dirt blocking the iPhone camera lens. iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max feature glass with advanced textured matte finishes around the camera complements (How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories iPhone 12). This way, the best mean to clean the front and back camera lenses is using a microfiber cloth to remove dirt or sand, ink, makeup, soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, or lotions on your iPhone camera lens.
Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Issue Method 4: Reset iPhone Settings
Even though someone in our community shared good suggestions on fixing this iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working Issue by resetting their iPhones to Factory setting. If the camera on your iPhone 11/Xr/X/8/7 still isn't working, there may be an unknown iOS 15.5 software issue causing the problem. Basically, by performing an iPhone reset, it reverts all/partial settings back to default. We do recommend using this method to troubleshoot your iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working issue, but you need to understand that by doing so, you have solid backup on either iCloud or iTunes.
How To Reset An iPhone 11/11 Pro:
- Step 1: Go to Settings app.
- Step 2: General > Reset > Reset All Settings. By doing so, it won't delete any of your iPhone data or content - such as photos or apps - but it does reset all your iPhone settings.
Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Issue Method 5: Turn Off VoiceOver Feature
VoiceOver is a screen reader feature built into Apple Inc.'s macOS, tvOS, watchOS, as well as the most recent iOS 15.5 (Accidentally Deleted iMessage Conversation). By using VoiceOver, you can access your iPhone based on spoken descriptions. One surprising tip we learn from Reddit community is that many iPhone 11/Xr/X/8/7 users experience iOS 15.5 camera glitches while VoiceOver is enabled, so shut it down and try the Camera app again.
How To Turn Off VoiceOver On iPhone 11/11 Pro:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone 11/11 Pro.
- Step 2: Tap Accessibility > VoiceOver > Switch VoiceOver off.
- Step 3: Go back to the home screen and tap to open the Camera app again.
Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Issue Method 6: Check iOS Software Update
Due to the flood of iOS 15.5 update issues and bugs, Apple will rolling out fast patches on iOS 15.5 release so as to make users upgrade their iOS devices smoothly (Unable To Install iOS 15.5 Update - An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15.5). So cast an eye on your iPhone Settings app to ensure you can get informed by the latest iOS 15.5 update notes. A new iOS 15.5 update patch may always bring potential fixes on your iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working issue.
How To Check iOS Update On iPhone 11/11 Pro:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app from your iPhone 11/11 Pro home screen.
- Step 2: Tap General > Software Update > If a new iOS 15.5 update patch is available, tap Download and Install.
- Step 3: Follow the prompts until your iPhone completely restarts.
Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Issue Method 7: Restart Your iPhone
Rebooting an problematic iPhone is always an efficient troubleshooting OP for iPhone Camera not working issues and alike (How to Free Up Space on iPhone or iPad iOS 15.5). By restarting an iPhone, the iOS 15.5 system will turn off all visible and invisible programs running in background, and turn them back on to have a fresh start.
How To Restart An iPhone 11/11 Pro:
- Step 1: Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears.
- Step 2: Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your iPhone 11/11 Pro to power off.
- Step 3: To restart your iPhone 11 back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo (How To Fix iPhone X Error 4013).
Fix iOS 15.5 Camera Issue Method 8: Check iPhone Storage
In some cases, an iPhone may "forget" telling us our the iPhone storage is almost full when there is no more free space for taking photos (How To Make An Animated Gif Picture On iPhone 11). So give a check if your iPhone have enough space for taking the new photo and save it. To do so, go to the Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Available. This post can help you to fix your iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working issue by reclaiming more free space.
The Bottom Line
One hero user from MiniCreo community told us he have run into this iOS 15.5 Camera Not Working issue by restoring his iPhone 11 from iTunes. Since this method will erase all content on your iPhone, think twice before you're going to have a try. Another rumored but quick fix on this iPhone 11 Camera Not Working Issue is to turn on Airplane mode and close the Camera app on the multitask manager. Then, turn off Airplane mode and open the camera app to have a try.