Apple makes it super easy to delete the photos and videos on your iPhone that you don't want any more. Just tap the Trash icon and you're done. Although it seems you can get your photos back like a cinch, with the help of iCloud Photo Library or iTunes / iCloud backup for your iPhone, it's suggested that you'd better think twice before confirming your deletion.
Anyway, if you've permanently deleted photos on your iPhone, by accident or by mistake, you still have the chance to recover your permanently deleted photos from your iPhone (iPhone 6 / iPhone 7 / iPhone SE). Read on this iPhone Data Recovery tutorial to find solutions.
- Part 1: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 - Omni Recover
- Part 2: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 - On Device
- Part 3: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 - iTunes Backup
- Part 4: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 - iCloud
Part 1: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 - Omni Recover
iOS data on your iPhone are vulnerable to sudden and casual iOS disasters. For instance, when you delete photos on your iPhone 6, this deletion would be permanent as it will affected by iCloud Photo Library synchronization.
Now with Omni Recover you can have peace of mind knowing all your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch files are easily recoverable. From iPhone lost, stolen, water damage, to man-made accident, Omni Recover will give you a hand to recover your permanently deleted photos, no matter what the cause is.
Why Choose Omni Recover
Unlike average methods to recover your permanently deleted photos on iPhone via backup restoration, Omni Recover uses advanced technologies to scan iOS database first, find deleted information and repair them to make them be viewable again.
- With industry leading iPhone Photo Recovery capability, Omni Recover is able to recover all types of iPhone photos, videos and up to 15+ types of iOS data.
- Whether you're casual iOS data disaster victim, or you lose iPhone unfortunately, you can follow Omni Recover's smart wizard to recover your deleted photos.
- Since 2013, Omni Recover is based on huge and growing table of iPhone Photo Recovery algorithms, which ensures the best chance to recover your lost photos.
- Unlike similar iPhone Data Recovery utilities, Omni Recover goes much further by knowing how to analyze your iPhone/iTunes backup system with minimal data intervene, and how to precisely get photos you want without bringing in unnecessary operations.
How To Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone 6
Omni Recover is safe and efficient iPhone Photo Recovery software that's made to retrieve your permanently deleted photos and videos on your iPhone. It offers two recovery channels: Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone or Recover Deleted Photos from iTunes Backup. Either way works great in certain circumstances and when you're in complicated situation, Omni Recover would give you multi-layered iPhone Photo Recovery plan. Follow steps below to start recovering your permanently deleted photos on your iPhone.
Step 1: Choose Your Situation. Open Omni Recover and you'll see its main interface. Give a check to see what stage you are at and click Next to continue. If there is no specific scenario for your case, click Next to skip this step.
Step 2: You can choose to recover your photos from your iPhone, or from iTunes backup.
Step 3: Let Omni Recover scan your device/iTunes backup by clicking Next. If you choose to recover your deleted photos from iPhone, then Omni Recover will scan your device first. After few seconds, you can choose Photos (including photos / albums / thumbnails) or other type of iOS data to recover. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Now let Omni Recover to scan your backup file. About few seconds later, you can view your deleted photos. Click Export button to start recovering your deleted photos.
Step 5: Now you can view your exported photos by clicking outcome window tips.
Part 2: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 - On Device
If you thought your photos have been deelted permanently, keep calm as many iPhone Photo Recovery approaches have potential chance to get your photos back. First off, double check the following steps to make sure if you can recover your "permanently" deleted photos directly on your iPhone.
Check Recently Deleted Album:
- On Your iPhone - Open the Photos app.
- Go Albums > check Recently Deleted folder to see if your deleted photos are still there.
- If yes, choose that photo and tap Recover button on the bottom of your iPhone.
Check Your Messaging Apps:
- Check your frequently used social messaging apps to see if you've sent your photos via one of them.
- Take Whatsapp as an example: Go to Photo & Video Library.
- Tap to redownload the deleted photos back to your iPhone.
Part 3: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 - iTunes Backup
First question is: What exactly is included when backing up an iPhone using iTunes? Will iTunes backup include your deleted photos? It depends. If your photos have not been already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library, then you have big chance to recover your permanently deleted photos back to your iPhone. Here are the details about how to recover permanently deleted photos from iphone 6 with iTunes.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer > Open iTunes.
Step 2: In iTunes Preferences > Devices > Check if your iPhone has a backup archive before you deleted your photos.
Step 3: If yes, go back to iTunes device panel > Perform a restoration for the device (By restoring your iPhone from an iTunes backup, you'll lose the content on your current iPhone. So in case something important gets overwrote, perform a new backup before starting.)
After you finished the iTunes restore, start your iPhone to see if your permanently deleted photos have been recovered.
Part 4: How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 - iCloud
Apple provides two iCloud option to manage your photos on your iPhone: iCloud Photo Library and My Photo Stream. Confused? Here are some easy tips about What Are The Differences between iCloud Photo Library and My Photo Stream >
Check iCloud Settings:
- If your photos have been newly deleted, now pray you didn't turn on iCloud Photo Library and My Photo Stream. As only when these two options turn on, you'll lose your deleted photos on ALL your devices, say other iPhones, iPads and Macs.
- Again, if your photos are newly deleted, turn off iCloud photo options and have a check if you recover your permanently deleted iPhone photos on your other devices.
The Bottom Line
Similar as messages, contacts and other important personal data, an iPhone photo may contain many useful information. To recover permanently deleted photos from your iPhone 6, don't lose heart if you failed trying one or a few solutions. The more methods you've tried, the bigger chance you'll get your permanently deleted photos from your iPhone 6 back.