😺 How To Fix iOS 12 iMessage
Problems with iOS 12 Beta
SCENARIO: Since the release of iOS 12 beta in July, there a rising tide of iOS 12 iMessage not working problems. For instance, iMessage not Being Delivered, Effects/Emoji Not Working, App Crashing While Trying to Type a Message, iOS 12 messages on iCloud greyed out, etc.
DIAGNOSIS: If your iPhone, iPad or Mac gets affected with these iOS 12 iMessage problems, you are not along! Here have some easy-to-follow tips to troubleshoot these types of iMessage problems. As iOS 12 iMessage problems maybe get caught up due to variety of reasons, consider the iMessage settings, Wifi / Cellular data signal strength, Apple System Status to find a clue.
Pro Tips: Keep it in mind that during large scale iOS software launches or occasionally when there is an iCloud outage occurring, iMessage may stop working for a short period of time. Check iMessage connection status here: Apple System Status .
Alert: Found your iPhone is getting sluggish after updating to iOS 12? Don't be panic. Follow this tutorial to learn
Why Is My iPhone So Slow and How To Fix.
Check iMessage System Status
Tips to Fix iOS 12 Beta iMessage
Not Working Problems
FIXES:We have collected a bunch of tips on how to fix iOS 12 iMessage not working problems (Some are general iOS 12 troubleshooting tips). Have a try to see if they'll work.
1. Can't Send or Receive iMessages? Try These Basic Tips.
For the general iOS 12 iMessages, like you see an alert when you send an iMessage, or if you cannot send to receive them at all, try these basic steps first.
Basic Tips on iOS 12 iMessage Problems:
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Check your Wifi network connection and Cellular data strength.
- If you're trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If there is no option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
- Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
Cannot Send or Receive iMessages
2. iMessage not delivered? Use SMS as an alternative.
If you see an Exclamation mark icon says Not Delivered, apart from trying basic troubleshooting tips above, also try these tips:
Tips on iOS 12 iMessage Not Delivered Problem:
- Check your network connection first.
- Tap the Exclamation mark icon, then tap Try Again.
- If you still can't send the message, tap the Exclamation mark icon, then tap Send as Text Message. Messaging rates may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.
- Turn on Airplane Mode and turn off (Works for many users).
Fix iOS 12 iMessage not Delivered Problem
3. iMessage Effects Not Working? Quick Tips.
Since iOS 12 introduced the fancy iMessage effects feature, its malfunctioning probably is one of the most common complaints we hear by far. As the full iMessage effects work only when both sending and receiving device are running iOS 12 / 10, so confirm this before giving a try with tips below.
Tips on iOS 12 iMessage Effect Not Working Problem:
- Check if Reduce Motion is off.
- Check if the recipients use an iPhone, iPad or Mac too. Otherwise, the iMessage effects won't take in place.
iMessage Effects Not Working
4. Lost Your Messages OR accidentally Deleted Them? Restore Device from Backups.
This seems off topic of iOS 12 iMessage problems, but our users did get grounded by this issue. If you accidentally lost or mistakenly deleted your iMessages, follow this tutorial to retrieve your deleted iMessages in time.
Fix iOS 12 iMessage Not Working Problem Tip 4
5. SMS Service Denied from Unknown. Quick Tips.
If you're receiving an error message says Service Denied, from sender Unknown, try turn off / on Flight Mode to have a try. If the problem persists, this iOS 12 problem is likely your mobile phone carrier and not your Apple iDevice/iPhone. Try give a check with your mobile carrier to find a solution.
SMS Service Denied from Unknown.