How To Fix iOS 15.5 Message/iMessage Not Working On iPhone 13/12/11/X/8
Summary: Have iOS 15.5 iMessage Not Working Problems like iMessage not being delivered, Effects/Emoji Not Working, App Crashing While Trying to Type a Message, iOS 15.5 messages on iCloud greyed out? Here're quick fixes. Get Omni Toolbox Free >
100% Free & Secure
As an alternative to the SMS and MMS messaging for most iPhone and iPad users, iMessage allows to send texts, documents, photos, videos, contact information, and group messages over the Internet. With the release of iOS 15.5 last week, there's a rising trend of iOS 15.5 iMessage not working on iPhone or iPad problems (How To Retrieve Deleted Text Messages On iPhone). For instance, iMessage not Being Delivered, Effects/Emoji Not Working, App Crashing While Trying to Type a Message, iOS 15.5 messages on iCloud greyed out, etc.
UPDATE 1 - What's New In iOS 15.5 (May 17, 2022): Apple today release iOS 15.5 and macOS Monterey 12.4, which makes enhancements to Apple Cash, with support for more easily requesting and sending money from the Apple Cash card in the Wallet app and some other new features. So far spotted iOS 15.5 issues includes iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo, AirPods/Move To iOS Not Working, iPhone Won't Charge, and a patch of security issues caused by Caches, etc.iOS 15.5 What's New:
- Podcasts Update: The new Apple Podcasts app in iOS 15.5 includes a setting that allows users to limit the number of episodes stored on the iPhone or iPad. It automatically deletes older episodes, preventing the app from taking up too much storage space on an iPhone or iPad.
- Apple Pay Cash: In iOS 15.5, the Apple Pay Cash section of the Wallet app added "Request" and "Send" buttons to make it easier to manage cash directly from Wallet.
- Home App: iOS 15.5 adds WiFi signal bars that let you ensure the HomePod has a connection in the Home app.
- Photo Memories: iOS 15.5 added a list of "Sensitive Locations" to the Photos app, which means those locations are blocked from showing up in memories.
- iOS 15.5 addresses a bug that could cause home automations triggered by people leaving or arriving to fail.
- iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 also include more than 25 security fixes for WebKit, the kernel, Wi-Fi, AppleAVD, and more.
DIAGNOSIS: If your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (iPod touch series from 1-7) or Mac gets affected with these iOS 15.5 iMessage Not Working problem, you are not along! Here have some easy-to-follow tips to troubleshoot these types of iPhone iPod iMessage Not Working problem. As iOS 15.5 iMessage problems maybe get caught up due to variety of reasons, consider Turning Off/On iMessage, Fatch iMessage settings, Wifi / Cellular data signal strength, Apple System Status to find a clue.
Pro Tips: Keep it in mind that during large scale iOS software launches or occasionally when there is an iCloud outage occurring, iMessage may stop working for a short period of time. Check iMessage connection status here: Apple System Status . Alert: Found your iPhone is getting sluggish after updating to iOS 15.5? Don't be panic. Follow this tutorial to learn Why Is My iPhone So Slow and How To Fix.
Common iPhone iMessage Not Working Scenarios After iOS 15.5 Update:
Solved - Why is my iMessage not working on my iPhone 11 Pro running
the latest iOS 15.5.
Solved - iOS 15.5 iMessage not working and keeps waiting for activation, unable to log in.
Solved - Use your Apple ID for iMessage not working for one person.
Best Free iOS System Recovery App
#1 Solution for iOS 15.5 iMessage Not Working
Fix 50+ iOS 15.5 Software Bugs and Glitches
Rescue iPhone from Crashes and Freezes
Most Common iOS 15.5 Problems and Best Fixes 2020
iOS 15.5 Battery Problems
Battery drain after iOS 15.5 update include system data corruption, rogue apps.
iOS 15.5 Update Problems
Unable to install iOS 15.5 update. An error occurred when installing iOS 15.5
iOS 15.5 Error Codes
Troubleshoot iPhone error 9, 4013, 10, 6, 2009, 4005, 75, 4010, 53 after iOS 15.5 update
iOS 15.5 Bluetooth Problems
Fix iOS 15.5 Bluetooth not working or cannot find Bluetooth device issue
- iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 1: Can't Send or Receive iMessages on an iPhone
- iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 2: iMessage Not Delivered to Other iPhone/Mac
- iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 3: iMessage Effects Not Working After Updating To iOS 15.5
- iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 4: iMessages Text Messages Are Lost
- iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 5: SMS Service Denied from Unknown
iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 1: Can't Send/Receive iMessages iPhone
The iPhone, iPad or iPod touch iMessages not working issue in iOS 15.5 may have many situations involved. Common scenarios like you can't send or receive iMessages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or you get an error when trying to activate iMessage, etc. Therefore, we have collected a bunch of tips on how to fix iOS 15.5 iPhone iPod iMessage not working problems (How To Retrieve Deleted Text Messages On iPhone).
Have a try to see if they'll work for you. For the general iOS 15.5 iMessages not working issue, like you see an alert when you send an iMessage, or if you cannot send to receive them at all, try these basic steps first (How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone).
Basic Tips on Fixing iOS 15.5 iMessage Not Working Problems (Solutions):
- Fix 1 - Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Fix 2 - Check your Wifi network connection and Cellular data strength.
- Fix 3 - If you're trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If there is no option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
- Fix 4 - Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
- Fix 5 - If you see a green message bubble, and the iPhone or iPod won't send your message via iMessage, then it means you can use SMS as iMessages alternative.
iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 2: iMessage Not Delivered To Other Device
Why is iMessage not delivering to the recipient? As another common iOS 15.5 issues, the iMessage Not Delivered problem may get you quite annoyed. Often, it fails to show the Not Delivered message either. This can affect multiple contacts or one specific person (How To Transfer Data To New iPhone). If you see an Exclamation mark icon says Not Delivered, apart from trying basic troubleshooting tips above, also try these tips:
Basic Tips on Fixing iOS 15.5 iMessage Not Delivered Problems (Solutions):
- Fix 1 - Check your network connection first.
- Fix 2 - Tap the Exclamation mark icon, then tap Try Again.
- Fix 3 - If you still can't send the message, tap the Exclamation mark icon, then tap Send as Text Message. Messaging rates may apply (How To Fix iTunes Error 50). Contact your carrier for more information.
- Fix 4 - Turn on Airplane Mode and turn off (Works for many users).
iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 3: iMessage Effects Not Working
Sending Messages with effects is one of the most popular feature in iMessages (How To Transfer Messages To New iPhone). However, the random iMessage Effects Not Working issue is also one of the most common iOS 15.5 iMessage problems we have met often (How To Fix iPhone X Error 4013). As the full iMessage effects work only when both sending and receiving device are running iOS 15.5 / 13 / 12, so confirm this before giving a try with tips below.
Basic Tips on Fixing iOS 15.5 iMessage Effects Not Working Problem (Solutions):
- Fix 1 Turn off Reduce Motion - Go to Settings app > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > Disable Reduce Motion.
- Fix 2 Check Recipients Capability - Check if the recipients use an iPhone, iPad or Mac too. Otherwise, the iMessage effects won't take in place.
- Fix 3 Check Auto-play Message Effects - Settings app > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > Turn on Auto-play Message Effects.
- Fix 4 Sign out and Sign in to iMessage - Go to Settings app > Messages > Send & Receive > Tap your Apple ID > Sign Out > Then Sign in.
iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 4: iMessages Text Messages Are Lost
Apparently this is not a typical iOS 15.5 iMessage Not Working issue we mainly discussed in this iPhone manual article, but our users did get grounded by this issue. If you accidentally lost or mistakenly deleted your iMessages, follow this tutorial to retrieve your deleted iMessages in time.
iOS 15.5 iMessage Issue 5: SMS Service Access Denied by Unknown
If you're receiving an error message says Service Denied, from sender Unknown, try turn off / on Flight Mode to have a try (How To Download PDF On iPhone 11). If the problem persists, this iOS 15.5 problem is likely your mobile phone carrier and not your Apple iDevice/iPhone. Try give a check with your mobile carrier to find a solution (Check How To Fix iMessage and FaceTime Waiting for Activation Error in iOS 15.5).
The Bottom Line
Have you solve your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch iMessage not working problem in iOS 15.5 with our suggestions above? If yes, feel free to share this iOS 15.5 Problem tip to your friends. If not, drop a line to us and we will do the best to help you (How To Make An Animated Gif Picture On iPhone 11).