On the end of 2016, Apple Music, the music streaming service delivered by Apple Inc., has crossed the milestone of 20 million paying subscribers. But so far there are still many users don't get used to listening to music without local files saved on their iPhones. If you're on the same boat, and also get confused by the situation we mentioned above, follow our detailed and complete tutorial to learn how to transfer music from one iPhone to another. For Free.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes Match
- Part 2: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone with SyncBird
Part 1: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes Match
Apple's iTunes Match is a subscription service that enables you to upload and store all your digital music files in the iCloud. By subscribing to the iTunes Match service, you can upload songs that have come from other sources, like: ripped audio CDs, digitized recordings (e.g. - analog tape), or downloaded from other online music services and websites.
If you've subscribed to iTunes Match and one of your iPhone has turned on iCloud Music Library, then you can transfer music from one iPhone to another via iTunes Match. Follow steps below to handle this.
Step 1: Make sure you've matched and uploaded the local music on your iTunes to iCloud Music Library. If you have not did that yet, follow this tutorial to learn how to set up iTunes Match on computer >
Step 2: On the target iPhone, to which you'd like upload music from your old iPhone, sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use for iTunes Match. Open Settings > Music > Turn on iCloud Music Library:
Step 3: Keep it in mind that, you have two options to download music: one is to keep your original music and merge it with your iCloud Music Library, the other one is to replace it with your music already in iCloud. It's recommended to choose Keep Music for not compromising existing songs on your target iPhone.
If you're quite good at handling new Apple stuffs, namely Apple Music and alike, you can use iTunes Match to sync the music library between your two iPhones. To determine if using iTunes Match is a proper method to transfer music from one iPhone to another, here are some comparison tips for your reference.
- Sync your music library between two iPhones wirelessly.
- Option to choose best quality audio files in .aac lossless format.
- Not Free - $24.99-a-year, billing annually.
- Time Cost - Matching and uploading content may be time-consuming based on the quatity of your music collection.
- Limits - iTunes Match is limited to 100,000 songs.
- Freedom - You cannot selectively transfer music from one iPhone to another.
- Compatibility - No music fize can be larger than 200MB, duration longer than 2 hours, or containing DRM.
- Quality - Songs encoded in AAC or MP3 formats that don't meet certain quality criteria aren't matched or uploaded to iCloud.
Part 2: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone with SyncBird
Every barber knows that only one "library" or subset of one library can exist on a single iPhone or iPod. You can manage your non-iTunes purchased music and move these tracks to another iPhone through iTunes. But you can not move it from one iPhone to another, or transfer music back to computer.
SyncBird a new iPhone Music Transfer software that's made to free you from all kinds of iTunes limits. With it, you can easily plug two iPhones to one computer and transfer songs between them just as you wish. Here are more benefits you can instantly get from SyncBird.
- SyncBird probably is the simplest iPhone to iPhone music transfer method as no fee involved, no need of network, and no bother of iTunes.
- SyncBird excels similar iPhone transfer software with solid performance and speed. Copying 1000 music tracks from iPhone to iPhone uses only 28 seconds on average.
- Besides devive-to-device transfer, SyncBird also gives rebuilding iTunes library, rescuing lost music and other iPhone media management solutions.
Quick Tutorial on Transferring Music from iPhone to iPhone with SyncBird
Step 1: Connect both your iPhones to your computer > Open SyncBird > Click Music tab.
Step 2: Choose songs you'd like transfer from iPhone to iPhone > Click Send To Device:
Step 3: Choose the target devive > Click Next to start transfer music from iPhone to iPhone.
SyncBird saves lots of iOS content managing troubles like copying music from iPhone to iPhone. The reason it's better to choose a professional and thrid party iPhone music manager is for its convenience and flexibility. Comparing with iTunes Match, here are some key points that may help you make the choice.
- Cost Free - 100% free available for download and usage.
- No Limit -No boundary of syncing with one iTunes library
- Freedom - Selectively transfer music from one iPhone to another.
- Compatibility - No file size, songs quota or DRM limits (Refer local law before using SyncBird)
- Quality - 1:1 Music Copy, no quality loss.
- Fast - Taking full advantage of APFS and Lightning technology. Moving 1000 songs in 28 seconds.
- Transfer music from iPhone to iPhone wirely. No Wifi transfer option.
- No Wifi or Bluetooth Transfer option.