In iOS 11 (Check iOS 11 Problems and Fixes), Apple moved its iMessage service to iCloud platform, which means you’ll be allowed to send/receive iMessages on all your Apple devices. It also means if you delete a piece or a thread of iMessages, the deletion will happen across on your iPhone, iPad and Mac as the same time.
In case you may have deleted your iMessage by accident or mistaken, we collected this quick iPhone Message Recovery tutorial to find your deleted iMessages back in couple minutes.
- Part 1: How Can I Retrieve My Deleted iMessages on iPhone - Omni Recover
- Part 2: How Can I Retrieve My Deleted iMessages on iPhone - iCloud Backup
- Part 3: How Can I Retrieve My Deleted iMessages on iPhone - iTunes Backup
Part 1: How Can I Retrieve My Deleted iMessages with Omni Recover
Neither iCloud Backup nor iTunes Backup can help you to retrieve your deleted iMessages, but it's not the dead end yet. Omni Recover is professional iPhone Message Recovery software that can retrieve your deleted iMessage via three channel, say directly on your iPhone, via iCloud Backup or iTunes backup.
Why Choose Omni Recover
Unlike average methods to recover your iPhone from backups, Omni Recover uses advanced technologies to scan iOS database, find deleted information and repair them to be viewable again on your iPhone.
- With industry leading iPhone data recovery capability, Omni Recover is able to retrieve up to 15+ types of iOS data.
- Whether you are a casual iOS data disaster victim, or you lost your device unfortunately, you can just follow Omni Recover’s smart wizard to get your data back.
- By way of practice since 2013, Omni Recover is based on huge - and growing - table of iPhone data recovery algorithms, which ensures the best possible chance to get your lost iOS data back.
- Unlike most iPhone Data Recovery utilities, Omni Recover goes much further by knowing how to analyze your iPhone/iTunes backup system with minimal data intervene, and how to precisely get the data you want without bringing in unnecessary operations.
Steps To Retrieve Deleted iMessages on iPhone
Omni Recover is safe and efficient iOS Data Recovery software that's made to retrieve your deleted iMessage texts and attachments on your iPhone. Basically it offers two recovery channels: Recover Deleted iMessages from iOS Devices and Recover from iTunes Backup. Either way works great in certain circumstances and when you're in complicated situation, Omni Recover would give you multi-layered iPhone Data Recovery plan. Follow steps below to start retrieving your deleted iMessages on iPhone with Omni Recover.
Step 1: Choose Your Situation. Open Omni Recover and you'll see its main interface. Give a check to see what stage you are at and click Next to continue. If there is no specific scenario for your case, click Next to skip this step.
Step 2: You can choose to recover your iMessages from your iPhone, or from iTunes backup copy.
Step 3: Let Omni Recover scan your device/backup by clicking Next. If you choose to retrieve your deleted iMessages from device, then Omni Recover will scan your device first. After few seconds (the scan time depends on the file size), you can choose Message (including SMS / iMessages / Attachments) or other type of iOS data to recover. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Now let Omni Recover to scan your backup file. About few seconds later, you can view your deleted SMS / iMessages and attachments. Click Export button to start retrieving your deleted iMessages.
Step 5: Now you can view your exported texts by clicking outcome window tips.
Part 2: How Can I Retrieve My Deleted iMessages on iPhone - iCloud Backup
iCloud Backup service is us an option to back up the iPhone / app settings, phone call history and most of data on an iPhone, luckily the iMessages are also getting covered. Keep it in mind that, there are two situations you may have met.
Situation 1. You just deleted your iMessages and have not perform the iCloud Backup yet. If so, you can stop iCloud Backup option to prevent from syncing this deletion with other device. This will give you a chance to retrieve your deleted iMessage on your other devices.
First Aid on Retrieving Deleted iMessages:
- Turn off iCloud Backup in Settings > Accounts and Passwords (iOS 11) > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Go other devices and have a search on your deleted iMessages.
Situation 2. You've deleted your iMessage for a while, and not sure if the deletion has affected other device yet, then perform restoration from iCloud Backup to see if you can find your deleted iMessages there.
Retrieve Deleted iMessages from iCloud Backup:
- Make sure you have current backup for your iPhone: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap "Erase all content and settings."
- On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
- Proceed to "Choose backup," then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.
Part 3: How Can I Retrieve My Deleted iMessages on iPhone - iTunes Backup
The second life-saver for your deleted iMessages is using iTunes Backup. Although Apple users tend to moving away from this old school dragon, iTunes still gives chances to find your deleted iMessage back. Here are the step-by-step tutorial.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer (Windows / Mac) > Open iTunes.
Step 2: In iTunes Preferences > Devices > Check if your iPhone has a backup archive before you deleted your iMessages.
Step 3: If yes, go back to iTunes device panel > Perform a restoration for the device.
After you finished the iTunes restore, start your iPhone to see if your deleted messages have been recovered.
The Bottom Line
Have you retrieved your deleted iMessages via our methods above? If yes, congrats. and please feel free to share this iPhone Message Recovery tutorial with your friends. If not yet, drop us a line and we are glad to give you more specific support on your issue.