[SOLVED] How to Fix iOS 14 Installation Problem
SCENARIO: When installing iOS 14, many of our users run into the iOS 14 installation problems (How To Fix iCloud Reminders Not Syncing with iPhone iPad and Mac). They said the installation got stuck on the Apple logo. The home button was responsive and iTunes could see the phone, but we could not complete the installation or exit it.
DIAGNOSIS: So you may ask, why on earth the Apple logo is stuck on my iPhone? Simply put, your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo because something went wrong or something had been changed during iOS 14 installation (How To Fix iTunes Error 50). Similar situations include iOS updates, restores, and data transfers from your computer to your iPhone.
Generally, security software, defective USB cables, and faulty USB cable can all interfere with the iPhone data transfer process and cause software corruption that can cause the Apple logo to get stuck on your iPhone.
Alert: Found your iPhone is getting sluggish after updating to iOS 14? Follow this tutorial to learn
Why Is My iPhone So Slow and How To Fix.
Methods to Fix iOS 14
If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo when updating to iOS 14 and cannot cannot move any further (Top 10 Common iPhone 8/8 Plus Problems and How To Fix). There are many ways to put your iPhone in the right track. Follow suggestions below to fix this iOS 14 installation problems.
Method 1. Restart Your iPhone
Similar with fixing PC problems, the first savior you should try is to restart your iPhone. Likely, rebooting your iPhone won't fix this iOS 14 installation problem in some cases, but it's the simplest approach and won't cost you anything other than a few seconds of waiting (How To Fix iTunes Error 54). If that doesn't work, move to the next step.
How to Restart an iPhone:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for few seconds until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo to restart your iPhone.
Fix iOS 14 Installation Problem Tip 1
Method 2. Recovery Mode.
Similar with fixing PC problems, the first savior you should try is to restart your iPhone. Likely, rebooting your iPhone won't fix this iOS 14 installation problem in some cases, but it's the simplest approach and won't cost you anything other than a few seconds of waiting (How To Download PDF On iPhone 11). If that doesn't work, move to the next step.
How to Put an iPhone in Recovery Mode:
- If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
- While your device is connected, force restart it.
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.
- After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device.
Fix iOS 14 Installation Problem Tip 2
Extra Tip. DFU Mode.
Usually putting an iPhone to Recovery Mode solves most of iOS 14 installation failure problems, but if it doesn't, also have a try with DFU Mode.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer > open iTunes > Turn of your iPhone.
- Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side of your device for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold down the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone 7 while still holding down the On/Off button.
- Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds. (If you see the Apple logo, you've held them too long and will need to start again.)
- Let go of the On/Off Button but keep holding the volume down button for about 5 seconds.
- If the screen stays black, that's it! Your iPhone should now be in DFU mode.
- To turn off DFU Mode, in iTunes restore your iPhone via a pop-up window.
Fix iOS 14 Installation Problem Tip 3