How To Uninstall Fortnite on Mac Majove
How Can I Remove Fortnite on My Mac?
Hi, I'm a mac user who wants to uninstall Fortnite because it keeps freezing on my Mac Pro. But I can't find the actual Fortnite application in LaunchPad. I've searched online and most people say to just drop it into trash, however, I can only find the Launcher in my applications. Help please!
Fortnite is an online video game created in 2017, developed by Epic Games, and released as different software packages on Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iOS and Android. Drawing in more than 125 million players in less than a year, Fortnite has been a cultural phenomenon (Learn How To Uninstall Steam Game on Mac).
Due to the considerable memory consumption and intense computer resource needed, many gamers reported that Fortnite keeps crashing and freezing even on a modern MacBook Pro. If you have the similar Fortnite for Mac issue, you can follow this guide to learn how to completely uninstall/remove Fortnite on your Mac.
1-Minute Video Guide - How To Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
- Part 2: How To Completely Uninstall Fortnite [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
To uninstall Fortnite or other similar games downloaded from App Store, you can do it easily by removing them from LaunchPad or Application forlder. If you simply get rid of the Fortnite application file, usually it will leave a large amount of residual files taking up storage on your Mac. Follow steps below to learn how to completely uninstall Fortnite from macOS (Learn How To Uninstall MacKeeper).
- Step 1: To uninstall Fortnite, open Finder > Applications > Fortnite:
- Step 2: After dragging the Fortnite application file to Trash, these are still Fortnite related game settings, login items, and other 'Hidden' components. To get rid of these Fortnite leftovers, you need to move further: Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter ~/Library/.
- Step 3: You may see a large amount of system file folders here. Now locate the Fortnite leftover files by digging into each folder. They are possibly stored in the following folders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Drag the files associated with Fortnite to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of Fortnite.
Part 2: How To Completely Remove Fortnite Mac
To uninstall Fortnite on Mac quickly and completely, you can choose a professional Mac App Uninstaller program like Omni Remover 2. It is made to simplify all these Fortnite for Mac removal steps and get things done in 1-2-3 click. Read on to learn how to quit and delete Fortnite for Mac with Omni Remover 2 (Learn How To Uninstall Spotify Mac).
Step 1: Download Omni Remover 2
First up, click here to download Omni Remover (for macOS 10.8 and above) > Install > Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
How To Uninstall Fortnite Mac Step 1
Step 2: Start Uninstalling Fortnite
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Click Fortnite > Clean Uninstall.
How To Uninstall Fortnite Step 2
Step 3: Deleting Fortnite Completed
Then Omni Remover 2 will start scanning all Fortnite data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start uninstall Fortnite from your Mac.
How To Uninstall Fortnite Step 3
The Bottom Line
Another growing concern over Fortnite Battle Royale's was drawn toward young children. Because a large number of students are being distracted and drawn away from school work due to playing Fortnite, parents and teachers can also follow this tutorial to get Fortnite out of school kids’ Mac computer. Still don't have Omni Remover 2? Give it a try here: Free Download Now >
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.1.0 (13 August, 2018) / Support iOS 4 - iOS 11.4.1
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac