How To Clean Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
What Is Epic Games Fortnite?
Fortnite is an online video game created in 2017, developed by Epic Games, and released as different software packages on Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iOS and Android. Drawing in more than 125 million players in less than a year, Fortnite has been a cultural phenomenon (Learn How To Uninstall Steam Game on Mac).
Why Consider Uninstalling Fortnite on Mac?
Due to the considerable memory consumption and intense computer resource needed, many gamers reported that Fortnite keeps crashing and freezing even on a modern MacBook Pro (What Is Other On Mac Storage). If you have the similar Fortnite for Mac issue, you can follow this guide to learn how to completely uninstall/remove Fortnite on your Mac.
Mac App Removal Video Tutorial - How To Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
- Part 2: How To Completely Uninstall Fortnite [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
To uninstall Fortnite or other games downloaded on Epic Games Launcher, you cannot do it easily by removing Fortnite from LaunchPad or Application forlder to Trash. Even you can delelte Fortnite from Steam game library, you simply get rid of the Fortnite setup file, but it will leave a large amount of game residual files taking up storage on your Mac.
It's a missing feature that macOS cannot do thorough and clean uninstall for common applications like Fortnite. Follow steps below to learn how to completely uninstall Fortnite from macOS (Learn How To Uninstall MacKeeper).
- Step 1: To uninstall Fortnite on macOS (Catalina included), open Finder > Applications > Epic Games:
- Step 2: After dragging the Fortnite application file to Trash, these are still its related game settings, gamer login items, and other 'Hidden' components. To get rid of these Fortnite leftovers, you need to move further: Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter ~/Library/Application Support/Fortnite/
- Step 3: You may see a large amount of system file folders here. Now locate the Fortnite leftover files by digging into each folder. They are possibly stored in the following folders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Drag the files associated with Fortnite to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of Fortnite.
Pro Tip: How To Make Fortnite Run Better on Mac
- Minimize all Fortnite settings as low as possible;
- Use fullscreen mode whenever possible;
- Set Fortnite audio quality to low and turn it off;
- Close all background apps when playing Fortnite on Mac.
Part 2: How To Completely Remove Fortnite Mac
To uninstall Fortnite on Mac quickly and completely, you can choose a professional Mac App Uninstaller program like Omni Remover. It is made to simplify all these Fortnite for Mac removal steps and get things done in 1-2-3 click. Read on to learn how to quit and delete Fortnite for Mac with Omni Remover (Learn How To Uninstall Spotify Mac).
Step 1: Download Omni Remover
First up, click here to download Omni Remover (for macOS 10.8 and above) > Install > Open Omni Remover on your Mac.
How To Uninstall Fortnite Mac Step 1
Step 2: Start Uninstalling Fortnite
In Omni Remover > App Uninstall > Click Epic Games.
How To Uninstall Fortnite Step 2
Step 3: Deleting Fortnite Completed
Then Omni Remover will start scanning all Fortnite data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start uninstall Fortnite from your Mac.
How To Uninstall Fortnite Step 3
The Bottom Line
Another growing concern over Fortnite Battle Royale's was drawn toward young children. Because a large number of students are being distracted and drawn away from school work due to playing Fortnite, parents and teachers can also follow this tutorial to get Fortnite out of school kids' Mac computer (How To Import Photos from iPhone to Mac).
Version 3.3.5 (January 17, 2021) / Support macOS
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac