This is another big moment for Facebook, who's got involved in personal data leak crisis and politic scandal. The recent Cambridge Analytica occurrence has pointed to Facebook that it could be misused to profile users and sell their data for political movement. As a result, #DeleteFacebook is trending and it's high time you consider deleting your Facebook account.
Table Of Content:
- Part 1: Top 10 Reasons You Should Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
- Part 2: How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
Top 10 Reasons You Should Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
Even though Facebook is not the devil who sold your personal data since it's Cambridge Analytica abuse using the data it gained from Facebook, users still have a feeling of resentment on this social giant. One user tweeted: If you're angry about what Facebook has done with our data then just #DeleteFacebook. We all moved on from MySpace, we can move on from Facebook too. Remember, we aren't the customers, we are the product.
Anyway, if you still vacillate in your opinion about whether permanently delete your facebook account or not, here are top 10 reasons about #DeleteFacebook that may help you make the decision.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 1 - To put it bluntly, if a friend of yours on Facebook did a personality test/profile, Cambridge Analytica was given access to your profile too, though you never assented or clicked on any psychological test.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 2 - All those pages that garner likes such as, "Like if you remember..." "Tell this person they look beautiful" "Say Amen" "90% of people can't solve this puzzle, give your answer" People need to realize all just data mining.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 3 - There is life after Facebook. I've been Facebook free for several years and it is more than ok. I remain informed and connected.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 4 - If you need a good reason to #DeleteFacebook then how about this? Most of us don't need to buy popularity, but @Conservatives actually paid to have their Facebook posts liked. Over £100,000 every month.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 5 - I have been an inactive Facebook user for multiple years now. Whenever I happen to log in I just have dozens of notifications of Facebook begging for attention. I guess it's finally time to bring the divorce process to the finish.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 6 - I deleted mine in 2016. I gained more than I lost. If you're sick fabricated content, seize the moment.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 7 - I #DeleteFacebook early last year & have never looked back. It's an addiction that eats into your time. I missed real interaction with my friends face 2 face. Now its a corporation which is hijacked by misuse because of all the information the public put onto it willingly.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 8 - #DeleteFacebook I did delete my facebook account way back in 2012.Surprisingly I was able to enjoy the travels I made without telling the whole world about it or Tasted sumptuous food without those hyped up selfies.Made me less jealous and more content in life infact.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 9 - To put it bluntly, if a friend of yours on Facebook did a personality test/profile, Cambridge Analytica was given access to your profile too, though you never assented or clicked on any psychological test.
- Permanently Deleting Your FaceBook Account Reason 10 - I have been trying to delete my account since 2013. Followed all their protocols for deletion. Account still there. I am data they wish to sell.
How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
Even you don't think you'll use Facebook again, you still need to send a request to have your Facebook account permanently deleted. Because you won't be able to reactivate your Facebook account or retrieve your deleted Facebook messages, before you do this, follow steps below to permanently delete your Facebook account safely.
- Step 1: Back up your Facebook information before your permanently delete your account. Save photos, contact and birthday information and other data you'll need while your Facebook account is still in use. Once your Facebook account is deleted, this information will be with no option of recovery.
- Step 2: Facebook was ingrained in your web activity that you may have used it to sign up and log in to many third-party apps, games or websites. Give a check on which apps have access to your Facebook data and remove them before permanently deleting your Facebook account.
- Step 3: Clear your Facebook history. When you delete your Facebook account in the next step, your check-ins, tags, comments and likes on other people's pages disappear.
- Step 4: Finally you are safe to delete your Facebook account.
Back Up Data Before Permanently Deleting Facebook Account
Disable Linked Apps Before Permanently Deleting Facebook Account
Clear Facebook History Before Permanently Deleting Facebook Account
Start Permanently Deleting Facebook Account
The Bottom Line
One last reminder is that we all know it's about to make some changes from deleting your Facebook account, but look closer and you'll see there's plenty to lose, too. When was the last time you remembered a friend's birthday without a Facebook prompt? Or used a phone number to have a chat with friends? So, always think twice before permanently delete your Facebook account
More Facebook Related Tips
- How To Recover Permanently Deleted Facebook Messages iPhone >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >