Skype is a real-time telecommunications application software product that focuses on providing video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, and mobile devices via the Internet. Skype also provides instant messaging services. Users may transmit both text and video messages and may exchange digital documents such as images, text, and video.
Many of our users recently reported that their Mac storage was eaten up by some apps and Skype is one of them. Through our research, we noticed that Skype tends to create to many system files that occupy your Mac hard drive and remain even after you have deleted the app. Either you want to uninstall Skype for reclaiming more free storage or you simply don’t need this app any longer, follow this quick guide to do clean uninstall Skype from your Mac.
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Skype on Mac
To completely and cleanly uninstall Skype on Mac, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open Finder on your Mac > Go to the Applications folder.
- Step 2: Drag Skype icon to Trash.
- Step 3: Remove the existing Skype preferences if these hidden files exist.
/Users/<User>/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness /Users/<User>/Library/Logs/LwaTracing /Users/<User>/Saved Application State/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.savedState /Users/<User>/Preferences/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.plist /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling Skype on Mac Manually
Rather, simply moving Skype from the “Applications” folder to your MacBook trash won’t truly keep you worry-free. You may meet a variety of Skype Uninstalling problems like:
- Skype for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Skype for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Skype on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall Skype on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
If you have trouble when uninstalling Skype application from your Mac by using the steps above, find a professional Mac App Uninstaller utility named Omni Remover 2, which comes to give you a complete Skype removal solution. By thoroughly scan your disk and system, this pro-level Mac App Uninstaller can find and remove all Skype for Mac leftovers, remaining caches, orphaned or corrupt junks. Follow steps below to get it done shortly.
Skype for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find Skype and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning Skype, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Skype and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Skype from your Mac with our suggestions above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here: