What Is Soundflower?
Soundflower is an open source kernel extension for MacOS, designed to create a virtual audio output device that can also act as an input. Initially developed by Cycling ’74 now Soundflower was passed to Rogue Amoeba. As the later owner didn’t have the time or resources to improve the product, now the Soundflower project can be found via GitHub.
For users with macOS El Capiton, Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave, one of the most frequently met issue with uninstalling SoundFlower is that, they can still find the modified audio presets in Preference pane or even lose the audio at times. If you have similar SoundFlower uninstalling problems, follow this quick tutorial to learn how to remove SoundFlower from your Mac.
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall SoundFlower on Mac
On macOS El Capitan and later version of OS X, the SoundFlower setup file comes with an Uninstaller utility. Follow steps below to remover SoundFlower from your Mac manually.
- Step 1: Download version Soundflower 1.6.6b, which contains the Uninstaller pack.
- Step 2: Find and open the downloaded DMG file > run the script highlighted below.
- Step 3: Press the play button at the top of the Soundflower Uninstaller window.
- Step 4: To ensure that the Soundflower driver is removed correctly, you do need to reboot your Mac [Important]. Failing to do this part can result in update / installation / general weirdness ™.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling SoundFlower on Mac Manually
Even you’ve followed all steps above to uninstall Soundflower on your Mac, you may still have some kinds of Soundflower uninstalling problems (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac). For example:
- Soundflower for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Soundflower for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Soundflower on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall SoundFlower on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Omni Remover 2 comes to give you a complete Soundflower removal solution. By thoroughly scan your disk and system, this pro-level Mac App Uninstaller can find and remove all Soundflower for Mac leftovers, remaining caches, orphaned or corrupt junks. Follow steps below to get it done shortly.
Photoshop CC for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find Soundflower and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning Soundflower, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Soundflower and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Soundflower from your Mac with our suggestions above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here:
You must continue this superb operate Which i foresee more of your respective respective great web site posts.สล็อตเว็บใหญ่Permalink
I agree with your point of view, your article has given me a lot of help and benefited me a lot. Thanks. Hope you continue to write such excellent articles.Permalink
We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.Permalink