Sophos is primarily focused on providing security software to the mid-market and pragmatic enterprise. Sophos also protects home users, through a free antivirus software (Sophos Home) intended to develop home antivirus with business class technology.
If you want to reduce the burden of your Mac, or you have better Anti-Virus application for your Mac, you can follow this article to remove Sophos Anti-Virus from your macOS computer (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Software Programs on Mac).
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus on Mac
Keep it in mind that you cannot uninstall the Sophos Anti-virus program by dragging it from the Applications folder to the Trash, even most of Mac apps strictly follow this principle. You have to run the Sophos Anti-virus uninstaller program, which is included in the installer DMG file. Follow steps below to learn how to uninstall Sophos Anti-virus from your Mac manually.
- Step 1: To get rid of Sophos Anti-virus from your Mac you need to find and run the Remove Sophos Home.app in /Applications/Folder.
- Step 2: Launch “Remove Sophos Home” > click Continue > Enter the password of your Mac > Click OK to let it start uninstalling Sophos Anti-virus from your Mac.
- Step 3: After a while, you will see the success screen soon as it’s done with Sophos Anti-virus uninstall.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling Sophos Anti-Virus on Mac Manually
The biggest problem in regard of uninstalling Sophos Anti-virus from your Mac is that in most cases, you cannot find the Sophos Anti-virus Uninstaller program since it may get removed once the installation finished. More common Sophos Anti-virus uninstalling problems include:
- Sophos Anti-virus for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Sophos Anti-virus for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Sophos Anti-virus on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Either you have deleted Remove Sophos Home.app, the Sophos Anti-Virus uninstaller, or you have other Sophos Anti-Virus uninstall related problems, you have an alternative and even better choice. That is by using Sophos Anti-Virus uninstall tool – Omni Remover 2.
Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find Sophos Anti-Virus and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning Sophos Anti-Virus, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Sophos Anti-Virus and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Sophos Anti-Virus from your Mac with our suggestions above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Apart from giving you a quick and complete Sophos Anti-Virus uninstalling solution, this expert Mac App Uninstaller software can also thoroughly scan your macOS, find and remove all app leftover junk files in one click. Give it a try here: