Among many software for remote control, desktop sharing, online gaming, web conferencing, and file transfer between computers, TeamViewer probably is one of the most controversial choices. Back to June 2016, hundreds of TeamViewer users reported having their computers accessed by unauthorized addresses.
So either you have a new, light and secure TeamViewer alternative remote control tool or you just want to have a clean reinstall of TeamViewer, you can follow this article to learn how to uninstall TeamViewer from your Mac.
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall TeamViewer on Mac
macOS users are used to drag the TeamViewer application file to the Trash folder, but it will leave its caches, configuration, cookies and other app leftover files behind on your Mac computer. TeamViewer also has the built-in uninstall utility, which requires TeamViewer version 9 and above.
Sometimes it may not allow you to uninstall TeamViewer from your Mac smoothly. If you have met such kind of TeamViewer uninstalling problem, follow steps below to get it done manually.
- Step 1: Make sure that TeamViewer is not running and close it.
- Step 2: Open Applications folder in Finder and find TeamViewer there. Move it to the Trash.
- Step 3: After it, remove TeamViewer’s system files and folders, that are located in the following locations:
Macintosh HD/Users/[current user][/current]/~Library/Application Support/TeamViewer
Macintosh HD/Users/[current user][/current]/~Library/Caches/ com.teamviewer.TeamViewer
Macintosh HD/Users/[current user][/current]/~Library/Preferences/com.teamviewer10.plist
Macintosh HD/Users/[current user][/current]/~Library/Preferences/com.teamviewer.TeamViewer.plist
Macintosh HD/Users/[current user][/current]/~Library/Logs/TeamViewer
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling TeamViewer on Mac Manually
Even you’ve followed all steps above to uninstall TeamViewer on your Mac, you may still have some kinds of TeamViewer uninstalling problems (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac). For example:
- TeamViewer for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to TeamViewer for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of TeamViewer on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work. Otherwise, any false operations, mistake deletions will bring troubles.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall TeamViewer on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Omni Remover 2 is free but professional Mac App Uninstaller software made to help you completely uninstall TeamViewer for Mac. It will save you a large amount of time by automatically scanning TeamViewer for Mac leftovers, remaining caches, orphaned or corrupt junks, so as to give you complete TeamViewer for Mac Uninstalling solution. Follow steps below to get it done shortly.
TeamViewer for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find TeamViewer and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning TeamViewer, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing TeamViewer and its related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled TeamViewer from your Mac with our methods above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here: