To be clear, Citrix Receiver is not a standalone product but one of the client components of XenDesktop or XenApp. Citrix Receiver has been wildly installed on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Chrome and many other mainstream devices. It allows users to access full desktops or individual applications from a centralized host, such as a server or cloud infrastructure.
Citrix Receiver is mainly used by employees but when they decide to change to another Cloud/Host service, it may give rise to a new problem: How to clean uninstall Citrix Receiver from a Mac computer. Read this article to learn how to completely and quickly uninstall Citrix Receiver from macOS (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac).
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Citrix Receiver on Mac
Citrix Receiver has inbuilt Uninstaller utility, so when you need to uninstall the Citrix Receiver for Mac, open the CitrixReceiver.dmg file and select Uninstall Citrix Receiver.
But in many cases, the CitrixReceiver.dmg file may get removed once you finished installing Citrix Receiver. So follow steps below to learn how to uninstall Citrix Receiver manually and how to remove certain Citrix Receiver associated files that might be left behind your Mac system.
- Step 1: Open Finder > Applications > Find and move Citrix Receiver to Trash.
- Step 2: After uninstalling the Citrix Receiver from your Mac, ensure that the files or folders listed in this section have been removed too:
Macintosh HD > Users > [current user][/current] > ~Library > Application Support > Citrix Receiver Macintosh HD > Users > [current user][/current] > ~Library > Caches > com.citrix.receiver.momas Macintosh HD > Users > [current user][/current] > ~Library > Caches > com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling Citrix Receiver on Mac Manually
Many users reported that after having uninstalled the Citrix Receiver from their Mac computer, certain files are left behind the system. And if you are new to Mac, it’s very like to encounter one of the following Citrix Receiver uninstalling problems.
- Citrix Receiver for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Citrix Receiver for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Citrix Receiver on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall Citrix-Receiver on Mac [2 Clicks]
As a matter of fact, it’s not that easy to completely uninstall Citrix Receiver from your Mac since many associated data and files were previously synchronized on your system. Thankfully you can give a try with this best Citrix Receiver Uninstaller and Cleaner app called Omni Remover 2.
It can save you the trouble of handling these terminals and programming works with 2-Click Citrix Receiver for Mac Uninstalling solution. You can simply download Omni Remover 2, and follow the steps below to get Citrix Receiver removed from your Mac in few seconds.
Citrix Receiver for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find Citrix Receiver and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning Citrix Receiver, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Citrix Receiver and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Citrix Receiver from your Mac with our suggestions above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here: