The Dropbox software enables users to drop any file into a designated folder. The file is then automatically uploaded to Dropbox’s cloud-based service and made available to any other of the user’s computers and devices that also have the Dropbox software installed, keeping the file up-to-date on all systems.
Many experts recommend Dropbox as must-have file syncing and sharing app for macOS but not everyone is a fan of Dropbox. Either you may have a new, light and delicateDropbox alternative, or you just have trouble with using Dropbox, somehow if you want to uninstall Dropbox from your Mac, follow this article to learn how.
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Dropbox on Mac
Like other applications on macOS, Dropbox doesn’t require too many skills to get removed. Uninstalling the Dropbox desktop app will remove Dropbox from your Mac. Once Dropbox is removed, the Dropbox menu will no longer appear and Dropbox will no longer sync the files in your Dropbox folder.
- First up, quit Dropbox > Open the Applications folder in Finder.
- Drag the Dropbox app file from Applications to the Trash.
- Tips: Your Dropbox folder and its contents will remain intact by using this Dropbox uninstall method. If you’d like to remove the folder as well, you can drag your Dropbox folder to the Trash.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling Dropbox on Mac Manually
Keep it in mind that uninstalling Dropbox on your Mac with method above will not delete your Dropbox account or remove the files in your Dropbox folder from your hard drive. If you are new to macOS or Dropbox, here are the most frequent Chrome uninstalling problems you may have (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac):
- Dropbox for Mac can’t be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Dropbox for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Dropbox on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work. Otherwise, any false operations, mistake deletions will bring troubles.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall Dropbox on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
The tool you need to completely uninstall Dropbox on your Mac is named Omni Remover 2, which is free but professional Mac App Uninstaller software. Omni Remover 2 will save you from boring and tedious Dropbox uninstalling procedure by thoroughly scanning Dropbox for Mac leftovers, remaining caches, orphaned or corrupt junks, so as to give you complete Dropbox for Mac Uninstalling solution. Follow steps below to get it done shortly.
Dropbox for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find Dropbox and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning Dropbox, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Step 4: Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Dropbox and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Dropbox from your Mac with our methods above? If yes, don’t be hesitate to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Besides, this versatile Mac App Uninstaller also features App Force Uninstall feature, a solution for getting stubborn or vicious apps off your Mac.