How To Quickly Uninstall Plex Media Player on Mac
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Completely Uninstall Plex Media Player on Mac by using our best Plex Uninstaller software - Omni Remover 2. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What Is Plex Media Player? Plex is a client-server media player system and software suite holding two main components. The Plex Media Server desktop application runs on Windows, macOS and Linux. The Plex server desktop application organizes video (Check Best iTunes Alternatives 2019), audio and photos from a user's collections and from online services, enabling the players to access and stream the contents. Plex is also available for iOS and Android mobile system.
Why uninstalling Plex Media Player on Mac? Plex Media Player has been reported for frequently freezing on the latest macOS Mojave, and there is no solid fix until then. Also the main features in Plex Media Player are paid, which lead users cannot get full access to its service. If you find no use of Plex, read this article to learn how to uninstall Plex Media Player on macOS Mojave (Learn How To Clean Uninstall TVMOBiLi Program on Mac).
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Uninstall Plex Player on Mac Manually
- Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Plex Player on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Uninstall Plex on Mac Manually
Plex Media Player is compatible with OS X Mavericks and upwards. You can easily get rid of Plex by moving it to Trash bin. Unfortunately, this regular way to uninstall Plex will leave a large amount of orphaned app junk on your Mac. Follow steps below to learn how to clean uninstall Plex Media Player on your Mac manually (How To Clean Uninstall X Kodi on Mac OS).
- Step 1: Quit Plex > Open Finder app on Mac > Applications > Plex > Move Plex Client to Trash:
- Step 2: To delete Plex settings, preferences and other orphaned data, open Finder > Go > Go To Folder > Enter
- Step 3: Locate all the orphaned Python files by digging into each folder. Most of them are stored in: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Delete the files associated with Plex to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of Plex Client on your Mac.
Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Plex on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
The manual way to uninstall Plex media player would be a disaster if you are new to macOS file system. That's why you need Omni Remover, an expert Plex Uninstaller software that can help uninstall Plex and other stubborn applications on your Mac. Here are the detailed steps about how to uninstall Plex Client with Omni Remover. Free Download
Click here to download Omni Remover 2 > Install and Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Choose Plex Player Client icon > Clean Uninstall.
Then Omni Remover 2 will start scanning all Plex Client data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start removing Plex Client from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have uninstalled Apache Plex on your Mac with our suggestions above? Feel free to drop a line to us if you have any questions. Apart from uninstall Apache Plex and other stubborn applications on Mac, Omni Remover 2 is also capable of freeing up storage space on your Mac. Give it a try here: Free Download Now >
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.8.0 (14 May, 2019) / Support macOS Mojave
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac