How To Easily Uninstall Nvidia CUDA Driver on Mac
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Completely Uninstall Nvidia CUDA driver on Mac by using our best Nvidia CUDA Uninstaller software - Omni Remover 2. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What Is Nvidia CUDA Software? CUDA is a parallel computing platform and application programming interface (API) model created by Nvidia. Nvidia CUDA allows software developers and software engineers to use a CUDA-enabled graphics processing unit (GPU) for general purpose processing. The CUDA platform is a software layer that gives direct access to the GPU's virtual instruction set and parallel computational elements, for the execution of compute kernels (How To Uninstall VMware Fusion 11 on Mac).
Why uninstalling Nvidia CUDA Music Making Software on Mac? Users using Macs with NVIDIA graphics cards recently are reporting that after upgrading from macOS 10.13 to 10.14 (Mojave) they are experiencing rendering regressions and slow performance. Apple has officially announced the incompatibility with NVIDIA CUDA in macOS 10.14 (Mojave) so if you have upgraded your macOS, then it's suggested to remove NVIDIA CUDA driver before it gets fully supported (How To Uninstall VirtualBox on Mac).
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Uninstall Nvidia CUDA Driver on Mac Manually
- Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Nvidia CUDA Driver on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Uninstall Nvidia CUDA on Mac Manually
First up, Nvidia CUDA is a driver instead of dependent application program on macOS. To remove Nvidia CUDA on Mac, you cannot just drag it to Trash since it will not appear in Applications foler. Follow steps below to learn how to easily remove Nvidia CUDA driver on Mac manually (How To Uninstall Google Play Music on Mac OS).
- Step 1: Quit Nvidia CUDA > Open System Preferences > CUDA > Nvidia CUDA > Right click on it and select Remove "CUDA" Preference Pane:
- Step 2: Move forward to remove Nvidia CUDA related leftover junk. Open Finder > Go > Go To Folder > Enter
- Step 3: Locate all the orphaned Nvidia CUDA files by digging into each folder. Most of them are stored in: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Delete the files associated with Nvidia CUDA to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of Nvidia CUDA Driver on your Mac.
Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Nvidia CUDA on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
If you feel bothered to visit macOS file system, get a try with Omni Remover - an expert Nvidia CUDA Uninstaller software that can help uninstall Nvidia CUDA and other stubborn applications on your Mac. Here are the detailed steps about how to uninstall Nvidia CUDA Client with Omni Remover. Free Download
Click here to download Omni Remover 2 > Install and Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Choose Nvidia CUDA Driver Client icon > Clean Uninstall.
Then Omni Remover 2 will start scanning all Nvidia CUDA Driver data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start removing Nvidia CUDA Driver from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have uninstalled Nvidia CUDA Driver on your Mac with our suggestions above? Feel free to drop a line to us if you have any questions. Apart from uninstall Nvidia CUDA and other stubborn applications on Mac, Omni Remover 2 is also capable of freeing up storage space on your Mac. Give it a try here: Free Download Now >
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.8.0 (24 May, 2019) / Support macOS Mojave
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac