How To Uninstall Google Play Music on Mac OS
Cannot Delete Google Music Manager on My Mac?
I intstalled Google Play Music on my Mac as an alternative to Apple Music/iTunes. But now I came to conclusion there is no way to get rid of it. I deleted it off of my applications and it still showed up every time I start up my mac. I searched how to completely uninstall it, did that, and it still shows up on startup and in my system preferences. Anyone can help?
Google Play Music is a music and podcast streaming service and online music locker operated by Google. Users can purchase additional tracks for their library through the music store section of Google Play. In addition to offering music streaming for Internet-connected devices, the Google Play Music Android/iOS apps allow music to be stored and listened to offline.
Currently Google doesn't offer the macOS desktop app for Google Play Music. So if you have trouble with removing Google Play Music app on your Mac, probably you're using a third party client software. We'll take Google Play Music Desktop Player as am example to show you how to uninstall it from your Mac.
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Google Play Music Mac
- Part 2: How To Completely Uninstall Google Play Music [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Google Play Music
The easiest way to get rid of a thrid-party app from your Mac is by removing it from Applications folder. Follow steps below to learn how to manually uninstall Google Play Music Desktop Player from macOS (Learn How To Uninstall MacKeeper).
- Step 1: To uninstall Google Play Music Desktop Player, open Finder > Applications > Google Play Music Desktop Player:
- Step 2: After dragging the Fortnite application file to Trash, these are still Google Play Music Desktop Player related game settings, login items, and other 'Hidden' components. To get rid of these Fortnite leftovers, you need to move further: Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter ~/Library/.
- Step 3: You may see a large amount of system file folders here. Now locate the Google Play Music Desktop Player leftover files by digging into each folder. They are possibly stored in the following folders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Drag the files associated with Google Play Music Desktop Player to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of Google Play Music Desktop Player.
Part 2: How To Completely Remove Google Play Music
The average way to delete Google Play Music Desktop Player requires up to 20 minutes to accomplish, which is a waste of time anyway. Thanksfully you can choose a professional Mac App Uninstaller program like Omni Remover 2. It is made to simplify all these Google Play Music Desktop Player for Mac removal steps and get things done in 1-2-3 click. Read on to learn how to quit and delete Google Play Music Desktop Player for Mac with Omni Remover 2 (Learn How To Uninstall Office 2011 Mac).
Step 1: Download Omni Remover 2
First up, click here to download Omni Remover (for macOS 10.8 and above) > Install > Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
How To Uninstall Google Play Music Desktop Player Mac Step 1
Step 2: Start Uninstalling
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Click Google Play Music Desktop Player > Clean Uninstall.
Uninstall Google Play Music Desktop Player Step 2
Step 3: Uninstalling Completed
Then Omni Remover 2 will start scanning all Google Play Music Desktop Player data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start uninstall Google Play Music Desktop Player from your Mac.
How To Uninstall Google Play Music Desktop Player Step 3
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.1.0 (13 August, 2018) / Support iOS 4 - iOS 11.4.1
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac