How To Remove Microsoft Word (2008/2011) on Mac
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Uninstall Microsoft Word Office app on Mac Catalina by using the best Microsoft Word Uninstaller software - Omni Remover. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What Is Microsoft Word?Microsoft Word (or simply Word) is a word processor developed by Microsoft, also is the most widely used word processing program on the market. Microsoft Word's native file formats are denoted either by a .doc or .docx filename extension, which is also supported by Pages, an Apple's native word processor app.
Why uninstalling Microsoft Word on Mac? Before Word 2010 (Word 14) for macOS, the program was unable to correctly handle ligatures defined in TrueType fonts. Also comparing with Pages app, Microsoft Word is not fully optimized for macOS, which leads many quits on this word utility. Either you have trouble with Microsoft Word and want to have a quick fix, or you simply don't need Microsoft Word any more, follow our dedicated tutorial to learn how to completely uninstall Microsoft Word on Mac.
Table of Content:
- Part 1: Uninstall Microsoft Word on Mac with Office Uninstaller
- Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Microsoft Word on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: Uninstall Microsoft Word on Mac with Office Uninstaller
The latest Office edition is its 365 suite, which includes Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint for Mac, etc. It's a pity that Microsoft doesn't have an official Word Uninstaller program so we recommend you to follow our specific tutorial to clean uninstall Microsoft Word on your Mac.
- Step 1: Quit Microsoft Word and kill all running threads in Terminal > Open Finder > Applications > Office 365 > Move Microsoft Word to Trash:
- Step 2: Locate Microsoft Word generated document caches, user profiles, customized Word themes, templates and other third-party Microsoft Word Add-on tools, open Finder > Go > Go To Folder > Enter ~/Library/Application/Support/Microsoft Word/
- Step 3: Clean up the following Microsoft Word reluctant leftover: com.microsoft.errorreporting
- Step 4: Clean up all these application leftover files that're related to Microsoft Word to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the uninstalling of Microsoft Word on your Mac.
Microsoft Word Uninstall Tips: Your personal data and settings will be removed when you move the three folders listed in this step to Trash. Consider backing up all these Microsoft Word related folders before you delete them.
Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Microsoft Word on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Feel the Microsoft Word removal process is tedious and complicated? Omni Remover is made to simplify the boring Office removal procedure so that you would have much more free time. Thanks to its Mac App Force Uninstall feature, you can just get rid of Microsoft Word on your Mac with one click. Here are the detailed steps. Free Download
Click to download Omni Remover > Install and Open Omni Remover on your Mac (macOS Catalina included).
On the left side of Omni Remover > Choose App Uninstall > Select Microsoft Word icon > Click Scan to browse Microsoft Word associated cache junks.
Let Omni Remover scan all Microsoft Word related app cache junk > After that, click Clean to start uninstalling Microsoft Word Client from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Despite its commercial success, Microsoft Word has also been argued in several security issues like the easy-to-bypass password. Anyway, can you uninstall Microsoft Word on your Mac with our suggestions above? To keep your Mac clean and running fast, give Omni Remover a try here: Free Download Now
Version 3.3.5 (January 31, 2020) / Support macOS Catalina
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac