How To Uninstall Chromium Web Browser on Mac
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Completely Uninstall Chromium or Faked Chromium Browser on Mac by using the best Chromium Uninstaller software - Omni Remover 2. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What is Chromium? Chromium is Google's open-source web browser project. It is a fully functional browser on macOS, Windows PC, Linux and Ubuntu. The Chromium code is also widely used by other parties to create their own "fake" Chromium browsers. Many vendors use the code in a similar manner as Google, while others simply build it as-is and release browsers with the Chromium name (How To Completely Uninstall Firefox Quantum on Mac OS X).
The differences between Chromium and Chrome: Both Chrome and Chromium two browsers have always had some differences, as indicated by their names: chromium is the metal used to make chrome plating. Simply put, Chromium has fewer features than Google Chrome, such as Auto-update capability, Integrated Adobe Flash Player, API keys for some Google services, etc (How To Uninstall Google Chrome on Mac).
Why uninstalling Chromium on Mac? Many vendors use the code in a similar manner as Google, while others simply build it as-is and release browsers with the Chromium name. Also, there are many malicious Chroomium browser virus extensions that may harm your Mac, like eFast browser, eFast, Tortuga, Citrio browser, WebDiscover, Yandex, etc. Follow this quick article to learn how to safely uninstall Chromium on Mac (How To Completely Uninstall MacKeeper on Mac).
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Uninstall Chromium on Mac Manually
- Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Chromium on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Uninstall Chromium on Mac Manually
Chromium is free, fast and lightweight web browser software that's very friendly on macOS. You can simply uninstall Chromium by dragging it from Applications folder to Trash. Unfortunately this regular method will leave a mess of orphaned Chromium caches and other leftover junk on your Mac. Here are the detailed steps that help completely uninstall Chromium on Mac (How To Uninstall Evernote on Mac).
- Step 1: First, quit Chromium to ensure the safety removal.
- Step 2: Open Finder app on Mac > Applications > Chromium > Move Chromium to Trash:
- Step 3: Remove Chromium leftover junk: Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter
- Step 4: Search all Chromium web browser orphaned files by digging into each folder. Most of them are stored in: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 5: Remove the files associated with Chromium to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of Chromium on your Mac.
Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Chromium on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
To have clean and complete uninstallation on macOS isn't as easy as you thought since many app residual junk would be left behind. That's why you cannot miss Omni Remover, an expert Chromium Uninstaller software that can help uninstall Chromium and other stubborn extentions, fake Chromium browser on your Mac. Here are the detailed steps about how to uninstall Chromium with Omni Remover. Free Download
Click here to download Omni Remover 2 > Install and Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Choose Chromium icon > Clean Uninstall.
Then Omni Remover 2 will start searching all Chromium files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start removing Chromium from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
It's simple to clean uninstall Chromium with Omni Remover. Have any questions, feel free to drop a line to us if you have any questions. Apart from uninstall Chromium Client and other stubborn applications on Mac, Omni Remover 2 is also capable of freeing up storage space on your Mac. Give it a try here: Free Download Now >
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.8.0 (13 May, 2019) / Support macOS Mojave
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac