Chrome overtook Firefox in November 2011, in worldwide usage. As of June 2016, according to StatCounter, Google Chrome had 62% worldwide desktop usage share, making it the most widely used web browser. Also as the most dominant web browser app on Macs, Chrome definitely has more fans than Safari.
However, for the elder version of Mac OS and computers, Chrome may cause the extra slow down on performance since it’s excessive consumptions of memory and other system resources. Either you may have a new, light and delicate Chrome alternative web browser, or you just have trouble with using Chrome, somehow if you want to uninstall Chrome from your Mac, follow this article to learn how.
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Chrome on Mac
It’s pretty easy to remove Chrome from your Mac, Windows or Linux computer. The only pre-check you need to confirm is to ensure that you signed in your Mac as root administration permission. If you own your own personal Mac, you probably already are.
- Open Finder on your Mac.
- Go to the Applications or another folder containing the Google Chrome application on your Mac.
- Tip: If it’s not, go to File and then Find, and search for “Google Chrome.”
- Drag Google Chrome to the Trash.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling Chrome on Mac Manually
The manual removal of Chrome from your Mac usually takes 5-10 minutes. If you are new to Mac, you may have met kind of troubles, especially when searching for orphaned Chrome junks files in Library folder. The most frequent Chrome uninstalling problems you may have include (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac):
- Google Chrome for Mac can’t be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Chrome for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Chrome on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work. Otherwise, any false operations, mistake deletions will bring troubles. For instance, other application cannot open correctly, or even severer, your Mac may work abnormally.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall Chrome on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Omni Remover 2 is free but professional Mac App Uninstaller software made to help you completely uninstall Chrome for Mac. It will save you a large amount of time by automatically scanning Chrome for Mac leftovers, remaining caches, orphaned or corrupt junks, so as to give you completeChrome for Mac Uninstalling solution. Follow steps below to get it done shortly.
Chrome for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: In App Uninstall tab > find Chrome and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- After Omni Remover finished scanning Chrome, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Chrome and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Chrome from your Mac with our methods above? If yes, don’t to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Besides, this versatile Mac App Uninstaller also features Smart Monitor, a solution for keeping your Mac from incomplete app uninstallation.
Whenever it detects there is an app is being removed from your Mac, it will send you a notification to clean up these orphaned and abandoned app leftover junks. By doing so, you’ll keep your Mac always running fast and light.