Q: Why I Cannot Uninstall Audacity on My Mac?
I'd like to completely uninstall Audacity as if it never was installed on the Mac. What's the procedure for completely wiping out and uninstalling Audacity? I figure that there are lots of different folders scattered all around the MAC HD that I must go to and trash various files and/or folders related to Audacity.
Audacity is a free and open-source digital audio editor and recording application software, available for Windows and macOS/OS X. In addition to recording audio from multiple sources, Audacity can be used for post-processing of all types of audio, including podcasts by adding effects such as normalization, trimming, and fading in and out (Learn How To Transfer Music from iPhone To Mac).
Even though Audacity was born almost two decades ago, it’s still one of the most popular audio editor program which has been wildly used. Nevertheless, some users reported that, after installing Audacity on their Mac, some video rendering / media player software no long able to play audio. Either you want to troubleshoot this issue or just have better Audacity alternative, you can follow this article to learn how to completely uninstall Audacity from your Mac.
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Audacity on Mac
- Part 2: How To Completely Uninstall Audacity on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Audacity on Mac
The basic procedure for uninstalling programs on Mac is by dragging Audacity from Applications folder to Trash. But this will leave Audacity associated app leftovers behind. You can follow steps below to have basic clean removal of Audacity.
- Step 1: Open Fidner > Applications > Find Audacity in the list of apps > Move Audacity to Trash.
- Step 2: Type the account's password if it is required > Right-click on the Trash and Empty Trash.
- Step 3: After removing Audacity from your Mac hard drive, you need to locate the Audacity remnant files by digging into each folder. They are possibly stored in the following folders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
Part 2: How To Completely Uninstall Audacity on Mac
The manual removal of Audacity on Mac requires certain computer skills and probably will take hours to get it done completely. But with a professional Mac App Uninstaller, like Omni Remover, you can uninstall Audacity and thoroughly clean up all remnant app junk in just one click. Follow steps below to learn how to uninstall Audacity from Mac with Omni Remover.
Step 1: Download Omni Remover
First up, download > Install > Open Omni Remover on your Mac.
How To Completely Uninstall Audacity on Mac Step 1
Step 2: Start Uninstalling Audacity
In Omni Remover > App Uninstall > Click Audacity > Clean Uninstall.
How To Completely Uninstall Audacity on Mac Step 2
Step 3: Audacity Uninstalling Complete
Then Omni Remover will start scanning all Audacity data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start uninstall Audacity from your Mac Mojave or High Sierra.
How To Completely Uninstall Audacity on Mac Step 3
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Audacity on your Mac with suggestions above? For general macOS users, it’s recommended to use simple and trustworthy Mac App uninstaller program to remove Audacity from Mac since it not only can help them complete the uninstallation more quickly, but also can avoid many further issues which may be caused by the improper operation during the removal. Free Download Here >
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.5.0 (26 July, 2018) / Support iOS 4 - iOS 11.4.1
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac