[Solved] How To Uninstall Atom Text Editor on Mac Catalina
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Fully Uninstall Atom Text Editor on macOS Catalina with the best Mac App Uninstaller software - Omni Remover. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
100% Free & Secure Download
What's Atom Text Editor? Atom is a free and open-source text and source code editor (similar as Sublime) for macOS, Linux, and Microsoft Windows. Atom supports for plug-ins written in Node.js, and embedded Git Control by GitHub. Atom is a desktop application built using web technologies. Atom is based on Electron framework (formerly known as Atom Shell), that enables cross-platform desktop applications using Chromium and Node.js.
Uninstall Atom Text Editor Mac
#1 Atom Text Editor Removal Tool for macOS
Clean Atom Text Editor Orphaned Leftover Junk
On-demand Privacy and Storage Optimization
Table of Content:
- Part 1: Uninstall Atom Text Editor With The Best Mac App Uninstaller
- Part 2: The Manual Way To Uninstall Atom Text Editor on Mac
- Part 3: More Helpful Atom Text Editor for Mac Uninstall Tips
Part 1: Uninstall Atom Text Editor With The Best Mac App Uninstaller
Atom is open sourced text editor freeware, which could be clean uninstalled by running the following commands from the command line:
- rm -rf ~/.atom
- rm -rf /usr/local/bin/atom
- rm -rf /usr/local/bin/apm
- rm -rf /Applications/Atom.app
- rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.github.atom.plist
- rm -rf "~/Library/Application Support/com.github.atom.ShipIt"
- rm -rf "~/Library/Saved Application State/com.github.atom.savedState"
- rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.github.atom
- rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/Atom
Not a savvy Mac user and have headaches with removing Atom text editor with command lines? Omni Remover is an expert Mac App Cleaner and Uninstaller software that can easily uninstall Atom Text Editor on macOS Catalina and help you clean up all Atom Text Editor remnant junk a few clicks. Follow steps below to learn how to uninstall Atom Text Editor on macOS.
Free Download Omni Remover on your Mac (Compatible with all recent macOS like macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, etc.) > Open Omni Remover.
How To Uninstall Atom Text Editor on Mac Step 1
In Omni Remover feature set panel, Choose App Uninstall > Select Atom Text Editor > Click Scan to browse Atom Text Editor cache junks, custmized add-ons, Node.js deploy files, etc.
How To Uninstall Atom Text Editor on Mac Step 2
Omni Remover will scan all Atom Text Editor related cache junk on macOS system > After a few seconds, click Clean to start uninstalling Atom Text Editor from your Mac.
How To Uninstall Atom Text Editor on Mac Step 3
Part 2: The Manual Way To Uninstall Atom Text Editor on Mac
Many Java / PHP and frontend devs downloaded Atom for fresh coding platform. And after their curiosity get satisfied, some of them want to completely remove Atom from a Mac. Some prefer deleting Atom with command-line tools, some would like try a capable Atom Uninstaller, while for some doers, they prefer dig into invisible macOS file system, and get rid of Atom on macOS manually.
- Step 1: Close Atom Text Editor and all background threads in Activity Monitor app > Open Finder > Applications > Atom Text Editor > Remove Atom Text Editor from Applications folder to Trash.
- Step 2: In Finder > Menu > Tap Go > Go To Folder > Enter ~/Library/Application/Support/Atom/
- Step 3: Search all Atom Text Editor cookies, temporary settings and pre-fetch configs in these subfolders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Clean the files associated with Atom Text Editor to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the uninstallation of Atom Text Editor on your Mac.
Part 3: More Helpful Atom Text Editor for Mac Removal Tips
The initial installation of Atom Text Editor on a Mac only takes about 100-300 storage space. However, with the use of time, you may find around 1.2GB Atom remnants in Omni Remover clean result. Also keep it in mind that, Atom Text Editor is not the only application that eats up storage on your Mac. With Omni Remover, you can see all space swallowing apps with its outstanding Mac App Cleaner and Uninstaller feature set.
General Tips for Freeing Up Space on Mac:
The Bottom Line
Atom was able to be used as an integrated development environment (IDE) until the recent release of Atom version 1.41.0 in 23 October 2019. If it's no more your preferred text/code editor for macOS. At last, we recommend you to download Omni Remover to start completely uninstalling Atom Text Editor from your Mac. Free Download >
Version 3.2.1 (2 December, 2019) | Support macOS Catalina | Category: Mac Uninstaller
More Mac App Cleaner and Uninstaller Tips
- How To Completely Uninstall Anaconda on macOS Catalina >
- How To Uninstall uTorrent on Mac in Easy Steps >
- A Complete Guide To Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac >
- How To Uninstall VMware Fusion on Mac Catalina >
- How To Uninstall Silverlight & Plugins on Mac >
- How To Completely Uninstall Spotify on Mac OS X >
Tags: Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac