After Baby Driver, an 8.2/10 movied scored by IMDB, was released, there seems to be a large wave of people who want to dust off their old click wheel iPod classic and put this vintage iPods in fashion once again. As there are different audio chips used in different iPods, the audio quality varies on different iPod model. Luckily the antique iPod classic (especially the fifth generation) is acknowledged as the one with best audio quality.
No matter you want to upgrade your iPod to the latest iPod touch, or just want to get back to your old iPod classic, putting music to your iPod could be way easier than your thought. Read on this tutorial to find out how to transfer music from one iPod to another, without using iTunes.
Part 1: The Tool You Need
The traditional way to transfer music from iPod to iPod is by using iTunes. The shortcoming is that you have to ensure the music on two of your iPod are synced with the same iTunes library. Otherwise, one of your iPod content would be overwriten. Here is the work flow:
Transfer Music from iPod to iPod with iTunes Workflow
- Open iTunes.
- Check if music on your iPod is the same as on your iTunes library.
- If and only if yes, you can process iTunes syncing with your second iPod to initiate iPod to iPod transfer.
- If not, the mission is abandoned, and you'll be no longer able to transfer music from iPod to iPod.
As you can see, although iTunes is the default Apple device manager software on desktop, in most cases it won't help to transfer music from iPod to your iPod. To finish the task, you can use SyncBird, a third party iPod to iPod Music Transfer software that's made to manage your iPod content in a better way. Here is the SyncBird VS iTunes feature comparison table.
- Flexible - Transfer music between iPods, iPhones and Macs as you wish
- No Limit -No boundary of syncing with one iTunes library
- Freedom - Selectively transfer music from one iPod to another
- Compatibility - No file size, songs quota or DRM limits (Refer local law before using SyncBird)
- Quality - 1:1 Music Copy, no quality loss
- Fast - Taking full advantage of APFS and Lightning technology. Moving 1000 songs in 28 seconds.
- Overwrite iPod content every time you process syncing.
- Every iPod can be only synced with one iTunes library.
- No way to put music off your iPod for backup and recovery.
Part 2: How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPod
To transfer music from iPod to your iPod with SyncBird is quite easy. Follow steps below to get it done quickly. One more tip: The iPod to iPod transfer speed varies based on the volume of your music library. On average, SyncBird copies 1000 tracks in less than 10 minutes.
Step 1: Connect both your iPods to your computer > Open SyncBird > On the left side, click Music option in menu bar.
Step 2: Choose the music tracks you'd like to transfer from iPod to your another one:
Step 3: Click To Device and SyncBird will start loading iPod music onto your target one.
The Bottom Line
SyncBird covers all iPod models since the first one was made. With this free iPod to iPod Transfer software utility, you can easily move your music between your iPod classic, iPod touch, iPod nana, iPod shuffle, etc. Moreover, it also works for your iPhone and iPad. Download it now to enjoy its iPod management features.