How To Uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio on Mac
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio on Mac Catalina by using our best Visual Studio Uninstaller software - Omni Remover 2. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What Is Microsoft Visual Studio? Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. It is used to develop computer programs, as well as websites, web apps, web services and mobile apps. Visual Studio Code is a source code editor, along with other features, for Linux, macOS, and Windows (How To Properly Uninstall Microsoft Office 365 on Mac).
Why uninstalling Microsoft Visual Studio on Mac? Visual Studio is a suite of component-based software development tools for building powerful, high-performance applications. While as the Xcode IDE is at the center of the Apple development experience, most devs choose to built amazing apps for Mac, iPhone and iPad with Xcode (How To Uninstall Xcode Command Line Tools Mac). Follow this article to learn how to properly uninstall Visual Studio on macOS Catalina.
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio on Mac Manually
- Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio on Mac Manually
Microsoft Visual Studio includes a set of Mac productivity apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook. So make sure you want to get rid of all these Visual Studio in-built products before starting. Also make sure you use your Mac as administrator account to ensure the safety removal of Microsoft Visual Studio (How To Uninstall Mono Framework on Mac).
- Step 1: Launch Finder > Applications > Microsoft Visual Studio > Move Microsoft Visual Studio to Trash:
- Step 2: After trashing Microsoft Visual Studio, move on to clean up Microsoft Visual Studio documents, user settings and other third-party Add-on tools, open Finder > Go > Go To Folder > Enter ~/Library/Application/Support/Microsoft Visual Studio/
- Step 3: Find all Microsoft Visual Studio related application junk in these subfolders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Clean up the files associated with Microsoft Visual Studio to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of Microsoft Visual Studio on your Mac.
Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Deleting Visual Studio for Mac is not as easy as you thought, because there may be other files related to Visual Studio still on the file system, such as Mono SDK, Xamarin Profiler, etc. Fortunately, you can use Omni Remover, an expert Visual Studio Uninstaller software that can uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio on 1-Click basis. Cannot uninstall Visual Studio for Mac? Check how to uninstall Visual Studio with Omni Remover. Free Download
Click here to download Omni Remover 2 > Install and Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Choose Microsoft Visual Studio icon > Clean Uninstall.
Then Omni Remover 2 will start scanning all Microsoft Visual Studio data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start removing Microsoft Visual Studio Client from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
To uninstall Visual Studio from Mac with Omni Remover, all Visual Studio suite app data will be removed so create backup if you may have future use. At last, Omni Remover is also capable of cleaning up cache junk files generated by Xcode and other development tools. Give it a try here: Free Download Now
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.8.0 (03 July, 2019) / Support macOS Catalina
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Microsoft Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac