How To Uninstall RStudio IDE Package on Mac
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Uninstall RStudio on Mac Catalina by using our best RStudio Uninstaller software - Omni Remover. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What Is RStudio? RStudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for R, a programming language for statistical computing and graphics (Why uninstalling Python Launcher/IDLE on Mac). RStudio is available in two formats: RStudio Desktop, where the program is run locally as a regular desktop application on Windows, macOS and Linux; and RStudio Server, which allows accessing RStudio using a web browser while it is operating on a remote Linux server.
Why uninstalling RStudio on Mac? RStudio provides a mechanism for executing R functions interactively from within the IDE. But as a relatively young programming language, the current version of RStudio is somewhat lack of full stability and compatibility. If you have met kind of RStudio IDE issues, follow this quick article and try completely uninstall RStudio on Mac for clean reinstall (How To Uninstall Xcode Command Line Tools Mac).
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Uninstall RStudio on Mac Manually
- Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall RStudio on Mac with Omni Remover
Part 1: How To Uninstall RStudio on Mac Manually
It's easy to uninstall a software program on macOS. You can simply drag unwanted apps from Applications folder to Trash. However, this basic method will keep a large amount of application leftover junk on your Mac. While uninstalling RStudio Desktop is the same. Follow steps below to learn how to clean uninstall RStudio Desktop on Mac.
- Step 1: Open Finder > Applications > RStudio Desktop > Remove RStudio Desktop to Trash:
- Step 2: Search RStudio package libraries, IDE caches and other third-party RStudio Add-on tools, open Finder > Go > Go To Folder > Enter ~/Library/Application/Support/RStudio/
- Step 3: Move on to get rid of all RStudio related application junk in these subfolders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Clean RStudio orphaned application leftover junk to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the uninstalling of RStudio on your Mac.
Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall RStudio Desktop on Mac with Omni Remover
Honestly the manual way to remove RStudio Desktop on Mac is not that easy to accomplish. Even for experienced Mac users, they'll risk messing up the file system of macOS. That's why you can choose Omni Remover, the best in class Mac App Uninstaller software that can uninstall RStudio with one simple click. Check how to uninstall RStudio Desktop on Mac with Omni Remover. Free Download
Click here to download Omni Remover > Install and Open Omni Remover on your Mac.
In Omni Remover > App Uninstall > Choose RStudio Desktop icon > Clean Uninstall.
Let Omni Remover scan all RStudio Desktop related app cache junk > After that, click Clean Uninstall to start clean uninstalling RStudio Client from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
There is several alternative ways to clean uninstall RStudio Desktop on Mac, but Omni Remover just delivers the best performance and complete clean removal. Give it a try here: Free Download Now
Version 3.3.5 (February 1, 2020) / Support macOS Catalina
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac