Q: Why I Cannot Uninstall McAfee on My Mac?
How can I completely remove an old malfunctioning McAfee anti virus app from my MacBook Pro? It seems that a shadow ghost of it still appears at the top of my Mac screen (on the upper menu bar). Is there any way to remove McAfee from my Mac completely?
McAfee VirusScan is an antivirus program created for keeping Windows and macOS computers away from virus attach. On macOS, though well-known, McAfee continues to have mixed reviews by users for its vicious system level control and operation. In this article, we’ll show you how to clean and safely remove McAfee from your Mac (Learn How To Uninstall Spotify on Mac ).
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall McAfee on Mac
- Part 2: Common Problems of Removing McAfee on Mac
- Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall McAfee on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall McAfee on Mac
To uninstall programs on a Mac is easy. But before taking through the McAfee antivirus removal process, keep it in mind that you should never try to uninstall McAfee by dragging and dropping it to Trash. Because you may find haunting McAfee components, residual junk files and clueless contest menu remains on your Mac even you thought you have clean them up. Follow steps below to learn how to uninstall McAfee from your Mac.
- Step 1: Open Finder > Applications > Drag McAfee.app to the Trash bin.
- Step 2: Use a hidden Unix shell script that will uninstall components of McAfee. To do so, log in your Mac as Admin user and try executing the following command in the Terminal:
- Step 3: When you type it, nothing will appear in the window... that is normal, just type it anyway and press return and you'll finish uninstalling McAfee on your Mac.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling McAfee Mac
Sometimes to uninstall McAfee on Mac is not always smooth sailing as you expected. Here are common McAfee uninstalling issues that may cause trouble on your Mac (Get Best Mac App Uninstaller 2018).
- McAfee Data / Files / Icon / Shortcuts / Contest Menu that are related to McAfee have been found in the later use of your Mac.
- Manual removal of McAfee on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system works. Otherwise, any false operations will bring problems to your Mac.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall McAfee on Mac
The traditional way to uninstall McAfee from Mac requires advanced macOS knowledge, and usually takes lots of time to complete. That's why you need Omni Remover 2 - a professional McAfee for Mac Uninstaller program made to simplify all these trifles. Using Omni Remover 2 is easy, you can follow steps below to get rid of McAfee on your Mac in less than a minute (Learn How To Uninstall MacKeeper 2018).
Step 1: Download Omni Remover 2
First up, download > Install > Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
How To Completely Uninstall McAfee on Mac Step 1
Step 2: Start Uninstalling McAfee
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Click McAfee > Clean Uninstall.
How To Completely Uninstall McAfee on Mac Step 2
Step 3: Complete
Then Omni Remover 2 will start scanning all McAfee data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start uninstall McAfee from your Mac.
How To Completely Uninstall McAfee on Mac Step 3
The Bottom Line
Can you get McAfee removed from your Mac with our suggestions above? If you have any questions, feel free to leave us a message in comment box below and we are happy to help. One more thing, apart from completely uninstall McAfee from your Mac, Omni Remover 2 can also clean up your Mac, monitor ill-behaving apps, and optimize your Mac performance with one click. Free Download Now >
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.0.3 (3th July, 2018) / Support iOS 4 - iOS 11.4.1
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac