How To Clean Uninstall MATLAB on Mac
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Completely Uninstall MATLAB project on Mac by using our best MATLAB Uninstaller software - Omni Remover. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What Is MATLAB? MATLAB (matrix laboratory) is a multi-paradigm numerical computing environment and proprietary programming language developed by MathWorks. MATLAB allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, C#, Java (Uninstall Java Mac), Fortran and Python (Uninstall Python Mac).
Why uninstalling MATLAB on Mac? MATLAB has a number of competitors and alternatives, such as commercial Mathematica, TK Solver, Maple, and free open sourced GNU Octave, Scilab, FreeMat, and SageMath. So if you have better option for numerical computing development deploy tool, then follow this quick tutorial to learn how to completely uninstall MATLAB on macOS Mojave (How To Uninstall Postgres (PostgreSQL) on Mac).
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Uninstall MATLAB on Mac Manually
- Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall MATLAB on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Uninstall MATLAB on Mac Manually
MATLAB includes the Live Editor for creating scripts that combine code, output, and formatted text in an executable notebook. To uninstall MATLAB on a Mac, you can simply drag it to Trash but this will leave a mess of leftover junk. Follow steps below to learn how to clean uninstall MATLAB on Mac manually (How To Uninstall Disk Drill on Mac).
- Step 1: Quit MATLAB and stop all MATLAB related components in Activity Monitor > Open Finder app on Mac > Applications > MATLAB > Move MATLAB to Trash:
- Step 2: To clean up MATLAB file extensions (including MATLAB, Simulink, Simscape, MuPAD, etc), user preferences and other orphaned data, open Finder > Go > Go To Folder > Enter
- Step 3: Search all the MATLAB files by digging into each folder. Most of them are stored in: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Clean up the files associated with MATLAB to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of MATLAB on your Mac.
Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall MATLAB on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
When you start MATLAB, it automatically adds the userpath folder to the search path. This would be a nightmare if you try to uninstall MATLAB on your Mac manually. Omni Remover is an expert MATLAB Uninstaller software that can uninstall MATLAB and other stubborn applications on your Mac with just few clicks. Here are the detailed steps about how to uninstall MATLAB with Omni Remover. Free Download
Click here to download Omni Remover > Install and Open Omni Remover on your Mac.
In Omni Remover > App Uninstall > Choose MATLAB icon > Clean Uninstall.
Then Omni Remover will start scanning all MATLAB data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start removing MATLAB Client from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have uninstalled Apache MATLAB on your Mac with our suggestions above? Feel free to drop a line to us if you have any questions. Apart from uninstall Apache MATLAB and other stubborn applications on Mac, Omni Remover is also capable of freeing up storage space on your Mac. Give it a try here: Free Download Now
Version 3.3.5 (January 31, 2020) / Support macOS Catalina
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac