How To Uninstall DivX Codex Software on Mac
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Completely Uninstall DivX Video Codex Software on Mac by using our best DivX Uninstaller software - Omni Remover. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What Is DivX Codex? DivX is a brand of video codec products developed by DivX, LLC. The best known DivX software include DivX Codex, DivX Player, DivX Converter, etc. The DivX gained fame for its ability to compress lengthy video segments into small sizes while maintaining relatively high visual quality (How To Uninstall VLC Media Player on Mac). There are three DivX codecs; the original MPEG-4 Part 2 DivX codec, the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC DivX Plus HD codec and the High Efficiency Video Coding DivX HEVC Ultra HD codec.
Why uninstalling DivX Video Codex Software on Mac? The most recent version of the DivX codec for macOS itself is version 6.9.2, which is lack of solid update for several years. And the most Un-Mac thing is that when you start download and install DivX, the company will put three DivX software on your Mac, say DivX Preferences, DivX Converter and DivX Player.
One primary reason to ditch DivX on your Mac is that DivX's built with 32-bit core, which is not supported by macOS. And many users reported that they have met kinds of DivX crashing or other incompatibility issues. If you feel no use of it, then follow this article to learn how to uninstall DivX video codex software on Mac (Uninstall Winamp Player on Mac).
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Uninstall DivX Codex Software on Mac Manually
- Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall DivX Codex Software on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Uninstall DivX Codex Software on Mac Manually
DivX codex is free to use but it also comes will a bunch of paid plug-ins services, like DivX AC3 Plug-in, DivX MPEG-2/DVD Plug-in, etc. To uninstall or delete Divx on Mac OS X, you can use the uninstaller program. Or if this is missing and you want to do it manually (How To Uninstall QuickTime on Mac Majove).
- Step 1: Quit DivX > Open Finder app on Mac > Applications > DivX:
- Step 2: Launch DivX Uninstaller and follow its uninstalling wizard to get rid of DivX:
- Step 3: Click Uninstall to continue:
- Step 4: To delete DivX settings, video codex preferences and other orphaned data, open Finder > Go > Go To Folder > Enter
~/Library/Application/Support/DivX/> Locate all the orphaned DivX files by digging into each folder. Most of them are stored in: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 5: Delete the files associated with DivX to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of DivX Client on your Mac.
Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall DivX Codex Software on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
If the trial period of DivX is over and you have no plan to purchase the DivX Pro edition, then you can use an third party utility to uninstall DivX from your Mac. Omni Remover is an expert DivX Uninstaller software that can help uninstall DivX and other stubborn applications on your Mac. Here are the detailed steps about how to uninstall DivX with Omni Remover. Free Download
Click here to download Omni Remover > Install and Open Omni Remover on your Mac.
In Omni Remover > App Uninstall > Choose DivX icon > Clean Uninstall.
Then Omni Remover will start scanning all DivX data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start removing DivX from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have uninstalled DivX video codex software on your Mac with our suggestions above? Feel free to drop a line to us if you have any questions. Apart from uninstall DivX and other stubborn applications on Mac, Omni Remover is also capable of freeing up storage space on your Mac. Give it a try here: Free Download Now >
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac