Q: How Can I Remove CCleaner for Mac at Startup?
I mistakenly loaded a Mac Cleaner app named CCleaner few months ago and have not been able to completely remove it. The latest iteration, CCleaner, loads and starts a scan at startup every time I started my Mac. How do I get rid of CCleaner from my Mac?
CCleaner (formerly Crap Cleaner), developed by Piriform, is a utility program used to clean potentially unwanted files on multiple platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, etc. It can clean out temporary internet files, where malicious programs and code tend to reside and invalid Windows Registry entries from a PC computer.
Many users also reported that CCleaner is stubborn on their Mac even they have removed it to Trash. If you're a not happy CCleaner user, and want to seek a way uninstall it from your Mac, follow this easy guide to learn how to completely and safely uninstall CCleaner from macOS Catalina (The Best Way To Uninstall MacKeeper).
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall CCleaner on Mac Catalina
- Part 2: How To Completely Uninstall CCleaner on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall CCleaner on Mac
First, the common way to uninstall apps on macOS is going into the app folder and dragging it into the Trash. But keep it in mind that by dragging CCleaner into the Trash only uninstalls it, while you still have the chance to find it again in the future use of your Mac. Follow steps below to learn how to uninstall CCleaner from your Mac manually.
- Step 1: Open Finder on your Mac > Go to Applications > Drag CCleaner.app To Trash.
- Step 2: After moving CCleaner.app to Trash, you may risk leaving these CCleaner app remnants behind, like CCleaner preference settings, log files, cached data, etc. So to get rid of these CCleaner leftover junk, you need to move further: Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter ~/Library/.
- Step 3: You may see a large amount of system file folders here. Now you need to locate the CCleaner leftover files by digging into each folder. They are possibly stored in the following folders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Drag the files associated with CCleaner to Trash can folder > Empty Trash and restart your computer to finish the removal of CCleaner on Mac.
Part 2: Easy Way To Uninstall CCleaner on Mac
To completely clean and uninstall CCleaner from your Mac, you can simply choose a professional Mac App Uninstaller software named Omni Remover. It gives you one-click solution to find all CCleaner related caches, cookies, and 11 types of app junk. Follow steps below to learn how to uninstall CCleaner from your Mac with Omni Remover.
Step 1: Download Omni Remover
Download Omni Remover > Install it on your Mac > Run it on your Mac.
How To Completely Uninstall CCleaner on Mac Step 1
Step 2: Start Uninstalling CCleaner
In Omni Remover > App Uninstall > Choose CCleaner > Clean Uninstall.
How To Completely Uninstall CCleaner on Mac Step 2
Step 3: CCleaner Uninstalling Complete
Then Omni Remover will start scanning all CCleaner data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start uninstall CCleaner from your Mac Mojave or High Sierra.
How To Completely Uninstall CCleaner on Mac Step 3
The Bottom Line
Still have questions with your CCleaner removal procedure or want to learn more features in Omni Remover? It brings a bunch of macOS App Uninstaller/Cleaner features which may keep your Mac always clean and running fast. Free Download Now >
Version 3.3.5 (January 29, 2020) / Support macOS Mojave
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac