Q: How Do I Uninstall 1Password on My Mac?
I am trying to uninstall 1Password 7 from my Mac to start over. For some reason just deleting the app does not delete the database on my Macbook Air. Every time I reinstall 1Password 7 on my Macbook it starts using the old database. How can I uninstall 1Password from my Mac.
1Password is a password manager developed by AgileBits. 1Password gives a place to store various passwords, software licenses, and other sensitive information in a virtual vault that is locked with a high-security password. Since this vault is stored on the 1Password's remote servers, you need to pay for a monthly fee (Learn How To Uninstall Spotify on Mac ).
Either you want to reinstall 1Password, clean up the old 1Password database, or you simply find a better 1Password alternative, then you may need some tips on your 1Password uninstalling procedure. In this article, we'll show you how to fully uninstall 1Password from your Mac (How To Import Photos from iPhone to Mac).
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall 1Password on Mac
- Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling 1Password on Mac Manually
- Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall 1Password on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall 1Password on Mac
To uninstall an application on macOS is as easy as deleting apps on an iPhone. You simply need to open LaunchPad, click on the app you want to remove for a while, and when you see it start jiggling, click the Delete mark and you'll get 1Password removed from your Mac (How To Delete Apps On MacBook). However, if you have run into troubles when uninstalling 1Password from your Mac, follow steps below to learn how to get rid of 1Password manually.
- Step 1: Open Finder > Applications > Drag 1Password.app to the Trash bin.
- Step 2: To completely remove these 1Password associated passwords data and cache files, Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter ~/Library/.
- Step 3: Locate the 1Password leftover files by digging into the following folders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Delete all 1Password related files one by one and after that empty Trash and restart your computer to finish the removal of 1Password on Mac.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling 1Password Mac
For some reason just deleting the 1Password app does not delete the database on your Mac. As for the majority, they just accidentally uninstalling their 1Password data simply by deleting the app, which would end up with incomplete deletion. So before you uninstall 1Password from your Mac, here are some common 1Password uninstalling issues for your troubleshooting (How To Uninstall Creative Cloud Mac).
- 1Password Data / Files / Icon / Shortcuts / Contest Menu that are related to 1Password have been found in the later use of your Mac.
- Manual removal of 1Password on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system works. Otherwise, any false operations will bring problems to your Mac.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall 1Password on Mac
Omni Remover is the up to the minute Mac App Uninstaller software made to remove stubborn Mac apps like 1Password. It can help to remove all 1Password orphaned app junk files, clear cached data, offload unwanted extensions and even find leftovers of earlier removed apps. Follow steps below to get rid of 1Password on your Mac in few clicks
Step 1: Download Omni Remover
First up, download > Install > Open Omni Remover on your Mac.
How To Completely Uninstall 1Password on Mac Step 1
Step 2: Uninstall 1Password
In Omni Remover > App Uninstall > Click 1Password > Clean Uninstall.
How To Completely Uninstall 1Password on Mac Step 2
Step 3: Finish Uninstalling 1Password Mac
Then Omni Remover will start scanning all 1Password data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start uninstall 1Password from your Mac.
How To Completely Uninstall 1Password on Mac Step 3
The Bottom Line
Is it easy-peasy to get clean uninstall 1Password on your Mac with Omni Remover 2? If you have any questions, feel free to leave us a message in comment box below and we are happy to help. One more thing, apart from completely uninstall 1Password from your Mac, Omni Remover can also clean up your Mac, monitor ill-behaving apps, and optimize your Mac performance with one click. Free Download Now >
Version 3.3.1 (January 28, 2020) / Support macOS Catalina
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac