[V6.4.1] How To Completely Uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on Mac Catalina
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Fully Uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on Mac with the best Mac App Uninstaller software - Omni Remover. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
100% Free & Secure Download
What's MacUpdate Desktop? In July 2014 MacUpdate (an Apple Macintosh app/software download website) launched a new version of its MacUpdate Desktop application (By date we compose this tutorial, the current MacUpdate Desktop version is V6.2.4) which enables users to automatically update any Macintosh-compatible software on their computer (Top 5 Best Free Malware Removal Software for Mac). In addition, programs purchased through the Apple Store are, for the average user, incompatible with MacUpdate Desktop updates unless the program defaults to the Apple Store.
But you may want to uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on Mac? Version 6 of the MacUpdate Desktop software, however, has attracted complaint from customers regarding its efficacy and reliability. Besides, comparing with free App Store, MacUpdate Desktop asks users to pay $20 for a six month membership (Top 5 Best Free Malware Removal Software for Mac) . If you find no use of MacUpdate Desktop or it's not working properly on Mac, you can follow this specific tutorial to learn how to completely uninstall MacUpdate Desktop app on macOS Catalina.
Best MacUpdate Remover On Mac
#1 MacUpdate Removal Tool for macOS
Clean MacUpdate Orphaned Leftover Junk
On-demand Privacy and Storage Optimization
Table of Content:
- Part 1: Uninstall MacUpdate Desktop With The Best Mac App Uninstaller
- Part 2: The Manual Way To Uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on Mac
- Part 3: More Helpful MacUpdate Desktop for Mac Uninstall Tips
Part 1: Uninstall MacUpdate Desktop With The Best Mac App Uninstaller
MacUpdate Desktop can scan your Mac for outdated apps and immediately notifies you when a new version is available. This technology requires installing add-on tools, which may get your Mac bloated overtime. Omni Remover is an expert Mac App Cleaner and Uninstaller software that can completely uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on macOS Catalina and help you clean up all MacUpdate Desktop leftover junk a few clicks. Follow steps below to learn how to uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on macOS Catalina.
Free Download Omni Remover on your Mac (Runs on macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra and other recent macOS) > Launch Omni Remover.
How To Uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on Mac Step 1
In Omni Remover, Choose App Uninstall > MacUpdate > Click Scan to browse MacUpdate Desktop user profiles, MacUpdate Desktop download caches, image/video attachment files, etc.
How To Uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on Mac Step 2
Omni Remover will scan all MacUpdate Desktop related cache junk on macOS system > After a few seconds, click Clean to start uninstalling MacUpdate Desktop from your Mac.
How To Uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on Mac Step 3
After a few seconds, Omni Remover will finish clean uninstalling MacUpdate Desktop on your Mac. You can review the MacUpdate Desktop Uninstall result to the complete window.
How To Uninstall MacUpdate on Mac Step 3
Part 2: The Manual Way To Uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on Mac
Some users have experienced unreliable performance when using MacUpdate Desktop version 6.4.1, which may frequently quit and restart the app or the updates won't be current. This problem can be generally solved by clean uninstall/reinstall MacUpdate Desktop (What Is Other On Mac Storage). If you have advanced understanding on your Mac computer, and then follow steps below to learn how to clean uninstall MacUpdate Desktop on Mac manually.
- Step 1: Quit MacUpdate Desktop and all background components, and add-ons from Activity Monitor > Open Finder > Applications > MacUpdate Desktop > Delete MacUpdate Desktop from Applications folder to Trash.
- Step 2: Open Finder menu > Tap Go > Go To Folder > Enter ~/Library/Application/Support/MacUpdate/
- Step 3: Locate all MacUpdate cookies, downloaded image/video attachments and pre-fetch configs in these subfolders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Delete the files associated with MacUpdate Desktop to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of MacUpdate Desktop on your Mac.
Part 3: More Helpful MacUpdate Desktop for Mac Uninstall Tips
The initial installation of MacUpdate Desktop only takes about 120MB storage space on our MacBook Pro. However, over time we discovered around 2.2GB bloated download caches in Omni Remover scan result. MacUpdate Desktop is not the only software app that taking up free space on your Mac! Check the following Mac App Cleaning and Uninstalling features in Omni Remover to keep your Mac running fast and light.
General Tips for Freeing Up Space on Mac:
The Bottom Line
Now can you completely uninstall MacUpdate Desktop from your Mac with our suggestions above? In order to keep your Mac clean and productive, we also recommend you to download Omni Remover to start completely uninstalling MacUpdate Desktop from your Mac. Free Download >
Version 3.3.1 (June 6, 2020) | Support macOS Catalina | Category: Mac Uninstaller
More Mac App Cleaner and Uninstaller Tips
- How To Completely Uninstall Anaconda on macOS Catalina >
- How To Uninstall uTorrent on Mac in Easy Steps >
- A Complete Guide To Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac >
- How To Uninstall VMware Fusion on Mac Catalina >
- How To Uninstall Silverlight & Plugins on Mac >
- How To Completely Uninstall Spotify on Mac OS X >
Tags: Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac