[Solved] How To Easily Uninstall Oracle VM VirtualBox on Mac Catalina
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Completely Uninstall VirtualBox on Mac Catalina by using the best VirtualBox Uninstaller - Omni Remover. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
100% Free & Secure Download
So what's VirtualBox? Oracle VM VirtualBox, formerly known as Sun VirtualBox or Sun xVM VirtualBox, is a free and open-source hosted hypervisor for x86 virtualization, developed by Oracle Corporation. VirtualBox can be installed on Windows, macOS and Linux. One most welcome feature in VirtualBox is that all its virtual machine can use disks previously created in VMware or Microsoft Virtual PC, as well as its own native format.
But why users want to uninstall Oracle VM VirtualBox on Mac? Despite being a free and open source product, VirtualBox does have its shortcomings. For instance, on regular USB devices, the file transfer speed is relatively slow. VirtualBox also not quite friendly for video composing software programs as the video RAM is limited to 128 Mib. In this quick article, we'll discuss how to completely uninstall Oracle VirtualBox on the latest macOS Catalina.
Best VirtualBox Remover Tool
One-Stop VirtualBox for Mac Removal Solution
Clean Up VirtualBox Orphaned Leftover Junk
On-demand Privacy and Storage Optimization
Table of Content:
- Part 1: Remove VirtualBox With The Best Mac App Uninstaller
- Part 2: The Manual Way To Uninstall VirtualBox on Mac
- Part 3: More Helpful VirtualBox for Mac Uninstall Tips
Part 1: Remove VirtualBox With The Best Mac App Uninstaller
Most users installed VirtualBox on the Mac is for using popular Windows applications, like Office, Adobe software, etc. If you feel no need of VirtualBox in future, it's suggested to remove it from your Mac completely. But as VirtualBox has hundreds of components and dependencies throughout the MacOS file system, you should choose an expert Mac App Uninstaller software to handle this task.
Omni Remover is the best Mac App Cleaner and Uninstaller software in its kind. It comes to offer a wealth of Mac cleaning and app removal tools. Besides, it saves you the trouble to search all unwanted app leftover junk, show details at large and allow you to clean them up at one tap. You can follow steps below to learn how to clean uninstall VirtualBox on macOS Catalina (App Can't Be Opened Because Apple Cannot Check It for Malicious Software).
Download Omni Remover on your Mac > Install and Open Omni Remover (macOS Catalina included).
How To Uninstall VirtualBox on Mac Step 1
In Omni Remover > Click App Uninstall option > VirtualBox > Click Scan to browse VirtualBox associated cache junks.
How To Uninstall VirtualBox on Mac Step 2
Omni Remover now will browse all VirtualBox related app cache junk through your macOS system > After a second, click Clean to start uninstalling VirtualBox from your Mac.
How To Uninstall VirtualBox on Mac Step 3
Part 2: The Manual Way To Uninstall VirtualBox on Mac
For advanced macOS users, there's also a manual way to get rid of VirtualBox. If you're familiar with the Mac domain, and with good understanding of how to manipulate file directories in Mac OS, then follow steps below to learn how to uninstall VirtualBox on Mac manually (How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac).
- Step 1: Launch Finder > Go to Applications folder > Select VirtualBox > Remove VirtualBox to Trash:
- Step 2: After that, clean up VirtualBox application virtual drives, user profiles and other third-party VirtualBox Add-on tools, open Finder > Go > Go To Folder > Enter ~/Library/Application/Support/VirtualBox/
- Step 3: Search all VirtualBox related application junk in these subfolders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Delete the files associated with VirtualBox to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of VirtualBox on your Mac.
Part 3: More Helpful VirtualBox for Mac Uninstall Tips
For high-end users, they will need some guest operating systems as a "Guest Additions" package of Oracle VM VirtualBox, which therefore requires more components generated on macOS. So be aware that you should clean uninstall VirtualBox to prevent orphaned storage hog eating up your storage. Here are some more helpful tips that may keep your Mac running fast and light.
General Tips for Freeing Up Space on Mac:
The Bottom Line
Version 3.2.1 (February 3, 2020) | Support macOS Catalina | Category: Mac Uninstaller
More Mac App Cleaner and Uninstaller Tips
- How To Completely Uninstall Anaconda on macOS Catalina >
- How To Uninstall uTorrent on Mac in Easy Steps >
- A Complete Guide To Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac >
- How To Uninstall VMware Fusion on Mac Catalina >
- How To Uninstall Silverlight & Plugins on Mac >
- How To Completely Uninstall Spotify on Mac OS X >
Tags: Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac