How To Uninstall Slack App on Mac Ultimate Guide
Summary: In this article, we help you to learn How To Completely Uninstall Slack team collaboration tool on Mac by using our best Slack Uninstaller software - Omni Remover 2. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What Is Slack? Slack is cloud-based team collaboration tools and services, available for Windows PC, macOS, iOS and Android. Slack began as an internal tool used by his company, Tiny Speck, in the development of Glitch, a now defunct online game. Slack is an acronym for "Searchable Log of All Conversation and Knowledge". As of May 2018, Slack had over 8 million daily users, 3 million of whom had paid accounts (How To Completely Uninstall Evernote on Mac).
Why uninstalling Slack Password Manager on Mac? One drawback of Slack is for its data is stored exclusively on cloud servers under Slack control. There is no way to retrieve your deleted Slack messages, reminders and progresses if you've left your work. Also, if you have better Slack alternatives that have a similar business model to Slack, like Flock, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangout Chats, Trillian, Workplace by Facebook, Discord, Glip, Cisco Webex Teams, and Yahoo Together, follow this article to learn how to uninstall Slack on macOS.
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Uninstall Slack on Mac Manually
- Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Slack on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Part 1: How To Uninstall Slack Client on Mac Manually
Even though Slack provides many API services for creating applications and to automate processes, you can get Slack removed with just simple drag-n-drop gesture. However, the regular way to uninstall Slack will leave a large amount of Slack orphaned app junk on your Mac. Follow steps below to learn how to clean uninstall Slack on your Mac manually (How To Completely Uninstall Anaconda on Mac).
- Step 1: Open Finder app on Mac > Applications > Slack > Move Slack Client to Trash:
- Step 2: Remove Slack Client leftover junk: Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter
- Step 3: Locate all the orphaned Slack Client files by digging into each folder. Most of them are stored in: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 4: Delete the files associated with Slack Client to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of Slack Client on your Mac.
Part 2: How To Clean Uninstall Slack on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Since thoroughly removing applications on macOS gets too many steps involved, many developers prepared a native uninstaller program for these apps. While Slack is an exception. Omni Remover is an expert Slack Uninstaller software that can help uninstall Slack Client and other stubborn applications on your Mac. Here are the detailed steps about how to uninstall Slack Client with Omni Remover. Free Download
Click here to download Omni Remover 2 > Install and Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Choose Slack Client icon > Clean Uninstall.
Then Omni Remover 2 will start searching all Slack Client data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start removing Slack Client from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have uninstalled Slack Client on your Mac with our suggestions above? Feel free to drop a line to us if you have any questions. Apart from uninstall Slack Client and other stubborn applications on Mac, Omni Remover 2 is also capable of freeing up storage space on your Mac. Give it a try here: Free Download Now >
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.8.0 (13 May, 2019) / Support macOS Mojave
Category: Mac Uninstaller
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >
Tags: Uninstall iTunes Mac Uninstall Office 2011 Mac Uninstall Firefox Uninstall Kaspersky Mac Uninstall MacKeeper Uninstall Google Earth Mac Uninstall Steam Mac Uninstall Adobe Flash Mac Uninstall Citrix Receiver Mac Uninstall Spotify Mac Uninstall Dropbox Mac Uninstall Skype Mac Uninstall Teamviewer Mac Uninstall uTorrent Mac Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Mac Uninstall Norton Mac Uninstall Soundflower Mac Uninstall WinZip Mac