Apart from bringing many exciting new features in, iOS 11, the latest Apple mobile OS, also caused a huge catastrophe on early models of iPhones, like iPhone 6 series, iPhone 6s series, iPhone 7 series, etc. The most common iOS 11 problems include iPhone 6s battery draining fast issues, Phone camera not working problems with iOS 11, etc.
To get the point, among most of common solutions regarding these iOS 11 problems, suggestions of resetting your iPhone seem most universal and magically they works in most cases. But what does Reset All Settings mean on an iPhone? And what does it do? Will I lost my pictures, contacts and everything if I reset my iPhone? Don't be hurry. Follow this article to learn everything you should know about iPhone resetting.
If I Reset My iPhone What Will I Lose
Table Of Content:
Quick Tips About "Reset All Settings" on iPhone
It's surprisingly that we didn't find any official documents about how iPhone's "Reset All Settings" works so we collected a bunch of tips regarding this topic. Give these quick tips a check and probably you'll get your problem/doubt solved.
- Q: What does Reset All Settings do and will it delete my pictures or apps? A: The "Reset All Settings" option on iPhone removes all the system preferences and settings for things such as iCloud, Mail, iMessages etc. So if you reset your iPhone with this option, you won't lose your pictures, apps, notes, or other iOS content.
- Q: If I reset my iPhone will I lose my documents? A: No. The soft reset of your iPhone won't erase all content and settings from your iPhone to start from scratch. Only the system settings will be reset.
- Q: Do I need to backup before I "Reset All Settings"? A: Ideally there is no need to backup your iPhone every time you "Reset All Settings" as this won't wipe out your data and content. But it's HIGHLY recommended to always keep an up-to-date backup for your iPhone in case any hardware or software failures.
- Q: What's the difference between "Reset All Settings" and "Erase All Content and Settings"? A: To fix common and minor iOS/iPhone glitches, "Reset All Settings" is just more than enough. If you decide to sell or give away your iPhone, then you need to hard reset your iPhone to erase everything on it.
What does Reset All Settings Do on iPhone
"Reset All Settings" and "Erase All Content and Settings"
How To Reset An iPhone
Take note that do NOT randomly reset your iPhone if everything works fine for its current status, especially if you are using an elder model of device. If you have met kind of iOS / iPhone problems, and the Apple Support team or an experienced Apple user suggest you to reset your iPhone, follow steps below to get it done shortly.
How To Reset An iPhone:
- Steps: Open Settings app on your iPhone > General > Reset > Reset All Settings > Enter your posscode to confirm > Tap Erase iPhone > Enter the password for your Apple ID and click Erase to start.
How To Reset An iPhone
The Bottom Line
So have you got clear understanding on if you reset your iPhone what will you lose? If you still have any questions regarding this issue, feel free to leave a message in comment window below and we are glad to help you out. Find some of your iPhone content or data has been deleted by mistake and look forward to get them back? Give a try with Omni Recover - the best iPhone Data Recovery software in 2018.
More iPhone/Facebook Related Tips
- How To Erase All Content and Settings On iPhone >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >