How to get started?
In this article, we help you to learn How To Completely Uninstall Mac Mechanic by using our dedicated Mac App Uninstaller software - Omni Remover 2. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What is Mac Mechanic? Mac Mechanic was a maintenance utility designed to cleaning and optimizing Mac OS X system. Somehow, due to the large amount pop-up reminders, Mac Mechanic is now treated as a various rogue tool for macOS. Beyond that, many users get surprise attack on Macintosh system by Mac Mechanic, which can be appreciated as virus infection.
Why you may consider uninstalling Mac Mechanic? Even though Mac Mechanic is intended to be a Mac anti-virus program, you may still feel this ad-supported program walks close to virus infection. Considering your Mac performance, Mac Mechanic consumes extensive system resources when it starts to flash advertisements right at your browser. In this case, if your Mac is suffering from sluggishness due to overwhelming ads by Mac Mechanic, then you need to uninstall Mac Mechanic from your Mac as soon as you can (Learn How To Uninstall MacKeeper).
Part 1: How To Uninstall Mac Mechanic on Mac Manually
Unlike other regular macOS applications, Mac Mechanic is pretty tricky and stubborn program which requires much more efforts to be get rid of from your Mac. Follow steps below to learn how to uninstall Mac Mechanic manually (Learn How To Uninstall CrossOver on Mac).
- Step 1: Open Activity Monitor from launchpad > find Mac Mechanic and terminate it by clicking the Force Quick button.
- Step 2: Open Finder > Applications > Mac Mechanic:
- Step 3: After moving the Mac Mechanic application file to Trash, these are still Mac Mechanic related Mac cleaning/optimizing settings, programing revision logs, and other 'Hidden' Mac Mechanic components. To get rid of all these Mac Mechanic leftovers, you need to move further: Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter ~/Library/.
- Step 4: You may see a large amount of system file folders here. Now locate the Mac Mechanic leftover files by digging into each folder. They are possibly stored in the following folders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 5: Drag the files associated with Mac Mechanic to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of Mac Mechanic.
Part 2: Completely Uninstall Mac Mechanic on Mac
Usually the manual way to uninstall Mac Mechanic will take about 10-20 minutes, while it also requires advanced computer knowledge. That's why we recommend that you use an expert Mac Mechanic App Uninstaller software - Omni Remover, which automatically discover and remove all the Mac Mechanic files/caches/leftover junk in just one click. Follow steps below to learn how to completely uninstall Mac Mechanic with Omni Remover.
Click here to download Omni Remover 2 (Ready for macOS Mojave) > Install and Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Click Mac Mechanic > Clean Uninstall.
Then Omni Remover 2 will start scanning all Mac Mechanic data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start uninstall Mac Mechanic from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Mac Mechanic from your Mac with our methods above? If you still have questions, leave us a message in comment and we are glad to help. One more thing, apart from the ability of uninstalling your unwanted apps (like Mac Mechanic) to reclaim more free storage on your Mac, Omni Remover 2 is also capable of cleaning up your Mac by wiping out all application cache/cookie junk files. Free Download now to have a try.
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.8.0 (16 November, 2018) / Support macOS Mojave
Category: Mac Uninstaller