How to get started?
In this article, we help you to learn How To Completely Uninstall AVG AntiVirus on Mac Mojave by using our best Mac App Uninstaller software - Omni Remover 2. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version here before continuing.
What is AVG AntiVirus? AVG AntiVirus (previously known as AVG, short for Anti-Virus Guard) is a family of antivirus software developed by AVG Technologies, a subsidiary of Avast. AVG AntiVirus is available for Windows, macOS and Android, and each edition gain great popularity and downloads around the world. AVG AntiVirus has most of the common functions available in modern antivirus and Internet security programs, including periodic scans, scans of sent and received emails etc.
Why you may consider uninstalling AVG AntiVirus on your Mac? Not every one is a fan of AVG AntiVirus. In recent years, AVG SafeGuard Toolbar has been reported for installing itself without the consent of the user. This AVG AntiVirus toolbar program appears to cause significant RAM issues on many users' Macs. Once installed, the AVG toolbar is virtually impossible to remove. If you have similar issue, follow this quick tutorial to learn how to uninstall AVG AntiVirus on Mac OS (Uninstall MacKeeper 2019).
Part 1: How To Uninstall AVG AntiVirus on Mac Manually
Even though to uninstall programs on macOS is simple, dragging the AVG AntiVirus for Mac icon into Trash cannot uninstall the application correctly. And this is why many users failed to get rid of AVG AntiVirus on thier Mac properly. Follow steps behow to learn how to uninstall AVG AntiVirus on Mac manually (Learn How To Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection on Mac).
- Step 1: To uninstall AVG AntiVirus on your Mac, open Finder > Applications > AVG AntiVirus > Open AVG AntiVirus for Mac and click AVG AntiVirus on the menu bar. Then select Uninstall AVG AntiVirus:
- Step 2: Click Uninstall > Enter your system password and click OK to start uninstalling AVG AntiVirus on your Mac.
- Step 3: After that, there are still AVG AntiVirus related anti-virus packs, user profile settings, and other 'Hidden' AVG AntiVirus component files. To get rid of all these AVG AntiVirus residual files, you need to move further: Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter ~/Library/.
- Step 4: Now search AVG AntiVirus leftover junk by checking each folder. They are possibly stored in the following folders: Application Support | Caches | Containers | Frameworks | Logs | Preferences | Saved | Application State | WebKit
- Step 5: Drag the files associated with AVG AntiVirus to Trash > Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the uninstalling of AVG AntiVirus.
Part 2: How To Completely Uninstall AVG AntiVirus on Mac
Got headaches when manually searching AVG AntiVirus remanent junk? You are not alone. Even experienced Mac OS user may get confused since there are endless folders and directories that need to get cleaned. That's why you can choose Omni Remover as your best Mac App Uninstaller software that can make AVG AntiVirus removal precedure much easier. Follow steps below to learn how to clean uninstall AVG AntiVirus on Mac quickly.
Click here to download Omni Remover 2 (Ready for macOS Mojave) > Install and Open Omni Remover 2 on your Mac.
In Omni Remover 2 > App Uninstall > Click AVG AntiVirus > Clean Uninstall.
Then Omni Remover 2 will start scanning all AVG AntiVirus related data/files > After it finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start uninstall AVG AntiVirus from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Now probably you can completely and safely uninstall AVG AntiVirus on your Mac with our suggestions above. One more thing, Omni Remover 2 can also free up more space on macOS Mojave with just one click, clean up Sketch/Xcode cache junks and manage extentions at one go. Free Download now to have a try.
Omni Remover 2
Version 2.8.0 (March 26, 2019) / Support macOS Mojave
Category: Mac Uninstaller