How Long Does It Take To Restore An iPhone from iCloud/iTunes Backup
Summary: [How Long Does It Take To Restore iPhone] Feel it's taking forever to restore iPhone from iCloud/iTunes backup? In this iPhone article, we will discuss how long does it take to restore an iPhone from iCloud/iTunes Backup. Get Fix My iPhone Free >
100% Free & Secure Download
So why it takes so long to restore my iPhone from iTunes backup? In many cases, you may need to set up a new iPhone 12, transfer data to new iPhone 12 Pro/Mini, or fix an unknown iPhone software glitches. If so, you will be required to restore your iPhone device from an iCloud or iTunes backup. Usually the process of restoring an iPhone from iCloud or iTunes backup will just take 5-15 minutes. However, in some peculiar situations it can happen that the iTunes “Restoring iPhone from backup” process takes unexpected long time.
Before moving further, you should keep it in mind that the time of restoring an iPhone from iCloud/iTunes backup largely depends on the backup size and Internet speed for iCloud. Waiting half an hour could be also fairly normal if you are trying to restore a 256GB iPhone 12 from iCloud backup. If you see an excessively long time remaining estimate when attempting to restore an iPhone from iCloud/iTunes backup, it may be the result of an error. Follow steps below to get the best practice on restoring iPhone from iCloud or iTunes backup.
Best iOS System Recovery Toolbox
#1 Solution For Common iOS 14 Update Issues
Fix Up To 50+ iOS 14 Software Bugs and Glitches
Safely Save iPhone from Crashes and Freezes
Most Asked Questions About How Long Does It Take To:
Transfer Data To iPhone
Check how long does it take to transfer data and everything to a new iPhone.
Part 1: How Long Does It Take To Restore An iPhone from Backup
The process of restoring your iPhone from iCloud or iTunes backup can take from a few minutes to several hours, depending upon a set of factors, such as how much data is stored on your device, how about the performance on your computer, what about the Internet speed ( How To Transfer Photos from iPhone To Computer). If you have a large amount of apps, photos and iOS data (your contacts, notes, Safari histories), for example, it will take a great deal longer to complete a device restore than it would.
Key Factors That Affect How Long Does It Take To Restore iPhone from iTunes/iCloud Backup:
- The amount of data on your iPhone Backup - Both iCloud and iTunes backup contains most of data and information on your iPhone. So the iCloud/iTunes backup restore time may vary based on the amount of data on your iPhone. For an average 64GB iPhone, it may take about 5-10 minutes to restore from the iCloud/iTunes backup.
- If there is an iOS update involves - If there is a iOS update available for your device, iTunes needs more time to restore your iPhone because it requires extra time spent to download and install the iOS firmware.
- Computer performance and Internet speed - iTunes backup restore time also relies largely on your computer performance, while iCloud backup depends on your Wi-Fi speed. A peak-powered computer or faster Internet speed can significantly reduce backup time.
The Average Time Used To Restore an iPhone from iCloud Backup:
|Amount Of Data||Estimated Time|
|How Long Does It Take To Restore iPhone||64GB||5-10 Minutes|
|How Long Does It Take To Restore iPhone||128GB||8-15 Minutes|
|How Long Does It Take To Restore iPhone||256GB||20-30 Minutes|
The Average Time Used To Restore an iPhone from iTunes Backup:
|Amount Of Data||Estimated Time|
|How Long Does It Take To Restore iPhone||64GB||8-12 Minutes|
|How Long Does It Take To Restore iPhone||128GB||12-20 Minutes|
|How Long Does It Take To Restore iPhone||256GB||25-40 Minutes|
Part 2: Why It Takes So Long To Restore An iPhone from Backup
As we have explained, there is not a fix time about how long does it take to restore your iPhone or iPad device. Based on our intensive tests, the average iPhone restoring time may consume around 5-20 minutes. However, in rare cases, if you are experiencing an abnormal situation that it takes several hours to restore your iOS devices, chances are it's an iCloud/iTunes error that prevent your iPhone from working properly.
Part 3: How To Fix It Takes So Long To Restore iPhone Issue
As Apple Inc. does not have an official response to how long does it take to fully restore an iPhone from iCloud or iTunes backup, it's hardly to determine if you're running into an iPhone issue. However, if you noticed it takes extraordinary time to complete, of you just get stuck on the iPhone restoring process, or you have any unexpected error prompts, then you can follow our best troubleshooting tips below to have a try.
How To Fix It Takes Too Long To Restore iPhone from iTunes/iCloud Backup:
- Fix 1 - If you are taking too long to restore your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud backup, disconnect your iPhone from the computer, restart it and have another try. You should restart the computer as well.
- Fix 2 - If you are trying to restore your iPhone from iCloud backup, make sure you have fast Internet speed and stable connection. Avoid using other apps to download/upload data to ensure the iCloud Backup downloading speed.
- Fix 3 - Update both your iPhone and iTunes to the latest version after which try to restore iPhone from iTunes again.
- Fix 4 - Use another computer or Wifi network to have a try.
The Bottom Line
Now do you have a clear answer about how long does it take to restore your iPhone 12/11/Xr/Xs/X/8/7/6 from iCloud or iTunes backup? If you still have similar iPhone Questions and Solution Tips, feel free to contact us and we are happy to help. In addition, we will keep updating our iOS 14 Porblems list so that to cover all upcoming software/hardware glitches on your Apple devices.
Fix My iPhone
Version 1.9.5 (19 November, 2020) | Support macOS Catalina | Category: iPhone Problems
More iPhone Problem Fixes and Tips
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- The Best iPhone Data Recovery Software You Should Choose >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iOS 14/6s >
- What Does iCloud Backup Include and Not Include >
- Best Ways To Transfer Photos from iPhone X To Computer >