[Activate Facetime] How Long Does It Take To Activate Facetime On iPhone
Summary: [How Long Does It Take To Activate Facetime and iMessages] Feel it's taking forever to Activate Facetime On iPhone, iPad or Mac? In this iPhone article, we will discuss how long does it take to Activate Facetime On iPhone. Get Fix My iPhone Free >
100% Free & Secure Download
So why it takes so long to Activate Facetime On iPhone? So I just did restore my iPhone 11 Pro as new and restore backup to upgrade to iOS 14. Now I'm trying to finish the setting up but I have a problem. The FaceTime and iMessage settings said 'Waiting for Activation', so I can not send both via my phone number, only my email. How long does it take to activate both FaceTime and iMessage on an iPhone? Or do I need any troubleshooting actions?
Prior to setting up a new iPhone, it requires follow iMessage or FaceTime in case you've switched phone numbers or carrier supplier. Usually it may take 1-3 Minutes to complete (How To Fix Unable To Activate Touch ID on This iPhone). However, if you see an error message during iMessage or FaceTime activation, it would possibly take 1-3 hours or even longer. In this article, we will discuss how long does it take to activate iMessage and FaceTime on iPhone, and how to troubleshoot iMessage and FaceTime activation errors.
Best iOS System Recovery Toolbox
#1 Solution For Common iOS 14 Update Issues
Fix Up To 50+ iOS 14 Software Bugs and Glitches
Safely Save iPhone from Crashes and Freezes
Most Asked Questions About How Long Does It Take To:
Transfer Data To iPhone
Check how long does it take to transfer data and everything to a new iPhone.
Part 1: How Long Does It Take To Activate Facetime / iMessages
Facetime and iMessage services may get to work as long as your iPhone device has 4G signal or WiFi network available. Usually the Facetime and iMessage activation happens simultaneously during your iPhone initial setup process (How To Fix iPhone Battery Draining Fast Issue). Otherwise, you can enable the activation by toggling ON the Facetime or iMessage button in the iPhone settings. In most cases, it may take 10-30 Seconds to activate Facetime and iMessage on an iPhone if everything works fine.
The Average Time It Takes To Activate Facetime and iMessages:
|iPhone Capacity||Estimated Time|
|How Long Does It Take To Activate Facetime and iMessages||Wifi Network||5 - 30 Seconds|
|How Long Does It Take To Activate Facetime and iMessages||4G Cellular||30-40 Seconds|
Part 2: Why It Takes So Long To Activate Facetime and iMessages
Feel it takes too long to activate the Facetime and iMessages services on your iPhone? You are not alone. There are several possible error messages that indicate an activation failure with FaceTime or iMessage. We have received dozens of feedback and the most frequent one is the Waiting for activation error that appears in the iMessage or FaceTime panels in the Settings app. We have collected a series of troubleshooting tips that may help you activate FaceTime or iMessage faster and solve this issue soon.
How To Fix It Takes Too Long To Activate Facetime and iMessages:
- Fix 1 - Check your iPhone settings: Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. Also it requires SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. The iMessage and FaceTime activating time also depends on your carrier.
- Fix 2 - Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime: Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime > Restart your iPhone, and Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.
- Fix 3 - Contact Your Carrier: In some rare cases, it might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the iMessage and FaceTime activating failure issue continues after 24 hours, you can contact your carrier to make sure that you can send and receive SMS messages.
The Bottom Line
Now do you have a clear answer about how long does it take to Activate Facetime and iMessages on iPhone? If you still have similar iPhone Questions and Solution Tips, feel free to contact us and we are happy to help. In addition, we will keep updating our iOS 14 Porblems list so that to cover all upcoming software/hardware glitches on your Apple devices.
More iPhone Problem Fixes and Tips
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- The Best iPhone Data Recovery Software You Should Choose >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iOS 14/6s >
- What Does iCloud Backup Include and Not Include >
- Best Ways To Transfer Photos from iPhone X To Computer >