Among dozens of well-known and well-made note taking apps, like Evernote, Microsoft OneNote, and Google Keep, the Notes app on your iPhone still rated as first-class choice. The update to Notes in iOS 11 even adds document scanner, graph and lined paper, monospaced text support, and improved integration with Apple Pencil.
So no matter your ancient notes that were took on your iPhone 4 / iPhone 5, or these fancy and modern multimedia notes, they are indispensable to saving your ideas and snippet works. If unfortunately, you've lost your notes, in this tutorial we'll show you how to retrieve your deleted iOS notes from your iPhone. Read on to find a solution.
- Part 1: Retrieve Deleted Notes from iPhone in Recently Deleted Folder
- Part 2: How To Retrieve Your Deleted Notes from iPhone with Omni Recover
- Part 3: How To Retrieve Your Deleted Notes from iPhone via iTunes Backup
Part 1: Retrieve Deleted Notes from iPhone in Recently Deleted Folder
You have many ways to delete your clutter notes off your iPhone. But UNDO the deletion may be not always plain sailing. Luckily, when you delete a note from your iPhone, by accident or by mistake, it’s moved to the Recently Deleted folder on iCloud.com as well as on your devices. You can view and retrieve these deleted notes in the Recently Deleted folder for up to 30 days before they’re permanently deleted.
Recover Deleted Notes from iPhone/iCloud:
- Open Notes app > Folders > Recently Deleted > Find your deleted notes there > Edit > Click 'Move To' and choose a regular folder on your iPhone.
- Then your deleted notes will be get back again to your iPhone.
Part 2: Retrieve Deleted Notes from iPhone with Omni Recover
Omni Recover is your best iPhone Notes Recovery software which helps retrieving your deleted Notes no matter what the cause is. From iPhone lost, stolen, water damage, to man-made accident, Omni Recover will give you a hand. Have a look on Omni Recover's highlights.
- With industry leading iPhone Notes Recovery capability, Omni Recover is able to recover all types of iPhone notes, attachments and up to 15+ types of iOS data.
- Whether you're casual iOS data disaster victim, or you lose iPhone unfortunately, you can follow Omni Recover's smart wizard to recover your deleted notes.
- Since 2013, Omni Recover is based on huge and growing table of iPhone Notes Recovery algorithms, which ensures the best chance to recover your lost data.
- Unlike similar iPhone Data Recovery utilities, Omni Recover goes much further by knowing how to analyze your iPhone/iTunes backup system with minimal data intervene, and how to precisely get notes back without bringing in unnecessary operations.
How To Retrieve Your Deleted Notes on iPhone
Omni Recover has two recovery channels: Recover Deleted Notes from iPhone or Recover Deleted Notes from iTunes Backup. Either way works great in certain circumstances and when you're in complicated situation, Omni Recover would give you multi-layered iPhone Notes Recovery plan. Follow steps below to start recovering your permanently deleted notes on your iPhone.
Step 1: Choose Your Situation. Open Omni Recover and give a check to see what stage you are at. Click Next to continue. If there is no specific scenario for your case, click Next to skip this step.
Step 2: You can choose to recover your notes from your iPhone, or from iTunes backup.
Step 3: Let Omni Recover scan your device/iTunes backup by clicking Next. After few seconds, you can choose Notes (including your text notes / photo / audio attachments) or other type of iOS data to recover. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Now let Omni Recover to scan your backup file. About few seconds later, you can view your deleted notes. Click Export.
Step 5: Now you can view your exported notes by clicking outcome window tips.
Part 3: Retrieve Deleted Notes from iPhone via iTunes Backup
Didn't find your notes in Recently Deleted folder? Don't be sad before finish reading this iPhone Notes Recovery tip. If you have good habit that backup your devices regular with iTunes, then your can retrieve your deleted notes and other iPhone data from iTunes backup.
Before starting, be aware that because you are restoring your entire iPhone from iTunes backup, however, the notes that will appear on your iPhone are the notes that were on your iPhone on the day of the backup. Any notes you’ve saved since then may disappear. If you cannot afford losing existing notes on your current iPhone, jump to Part 3: How To Retrieve Your Deleted Notes from iPhone with Omni Recover
Retrieve Deleted Notes from iTunes Backup:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Plug in your iPhone > Make a new backup if necessary > and in the Summary tab, choose Restore Backup to retrieve your deleted notes from iTunes backup.
How Does Omni Recover Work:
The reason Omni Recover works like a charm is that it can scan your iTunes / iCloud backup, find your app data (not app file itself) and make them viewable on your computer. It's way better to perform a complete iTunes / iCloud restoration as you can find your deleted add data prior to do any further actions.
The Bottom Line
Omni Recover not only works for retrieving your deleted notes and associated attachments, but probably also all your important personal data on your iPhone. For example, you can How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus / 7 / SE, without restoring your iPhone from iCloud / iTunes backup.