Q: My iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode and Won't Restore
I was trying to update my iPad to iOS 12, but when the iOS 12 update process started, my iPad Air restarted itself and I got an error in iTunes saying my iPad stuck in recovery mode and won’t restore. How can I fix this Apple iPad stuck in recovery mode loop and wont restore issue?
When an iPad or other iOS devices encounter iOS troubles, it can usually be solved by just restarting your iPad. But in some specific situations, the problems are more extensive and require putting the device into recovery mode and restoring it.
Keep it in mind that, only consider putting your iPad (or iPhone) into the Recovery Mode when you cannot get into the iPad to operate it. If your iPad boots up but freezes often while you use it, you can use some basic troubleshooting steps to help fix the problem. So in this iOS 12 Problem article, we'll show you the best ways to solve iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode issue.
Table of Content:
- Part 1: How To Fix iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode and Wont Restore Error
- Part 2: How To Fix iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop/Black Screen Issue
- Part 3: How To Fix iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode without Computer/iTunes
Part 1: Fix iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode and Wont Restore
The rapid-acting tip to solve iPad stuck in Recovery Mode and won't restore issue is by trying to force restart your iPad. You can follow this step-by-step tutorial to learn on how to force reboot your iPad.
- Step 1: Make sure your iPad has sufficient battery to get restarted by plugging in it and let it charge for up to one hour.
- Step 2: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons on your iPad for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Pro Tips: With iOS 11/iOS 12, you can turn off an iPad by going to Settings > General> Shut Down.
Part 2: iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop/Black Screen
Force start doesn't help? Don't worry. If you see your iPad stuck in Recovery Mode loop, or you see the Apple Logo or just black screen on your iPad, you can use iTunes to solve this iPad stuck in Recovery Mode loop and won’t restore issue. This method requires a Windows/Mac computer with the latest version of iTunes installed.
Connect your iPad to a computer and open iTunes.
While your iPad is connected, force it to restart by following steps in part 1. Keep it in mind that don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
When you get the option to restore or update your iPad, choose Restore. iTunes will try to restore your iPad to factory setting.
How To Fix iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop/Black Screen
The Bottom Line
If neither method above would fix your iPad stuck in recovery mode and won't restore issue, it's suggested to use a professional iOS/iPad repairing software like Fix My iPhone. It can help you Exit/Enter Recovery Mode with easily, download and install the latest firmware package to fix Apple logo stuck, and repair iOS system to fix iPad black screen issue without losing data.
Fix My iPhone
Version 1.1.0 (26 July, 2018) / Support iOS 4 - iOS 11.4.1
Category: iPhone Fix
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software 2018 >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative 2018 You Cannot Miss >