How To Hard Reset iPhone 4s without iTunes
Q: Can I hard reset my iPhone 4s without iTunes?
My iPhone 4s has been disabled for couple years and recently I need a phone for just making the call, while probably my iPhone 4s is still workable. All I can do on it is slide the lock screen to call for an emergency. I've tried to connect it to iTunes and it's not working; it just says "error." Can I hard reset this iPhone 4s without using iTunes?
Not everyone has clear understanding on iPhone Hard Reset, when to use it, and results of hard resetting an iPhone. Simply put, hard reset iPhone wipe everything on an iPhone and re-install the iOS software on the device. What soft reset iPhone does is to turn off an iPhone and restart it, while keeps everything intact. In this quick article, we will show you how to hard reset an iPhone 4s without iTunes (How To System Restore iPhone 5).
Table of Content:
Pre-Check List Before Hard Resetting iPhone 4s
Keep it in mind that, a hard reset on your iPhone 4s will restore the iPhone's setting to its initial configuration by removing all installed applications (How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone), user data, user settings, saved passwords and user accounts. The process would delete all stored data on the iPhone 4s. Give a check on this complete pre-check list before start hard resetting your iPhone 4s.
- Important: A hard reset/manufacturer reset/factory reset on your iPhone 4s erases all your data from your iPhone. Always backing up your iPhone prior to hard restoring your iPhone 4s without iTunes.
- DO NOT hard reset your iPhone 4s unless it's the last option you have to solve your iPhone/iOS problems.
- After hard resetting your iPhone 4s, you have to re-download applications from App Store, re-sync music and videos via iTunes, and re-enter your passcodes and user accounts.
How To Reset iPhone To Manufacturer Settings
For whatever the reason iTunes doesn't work, you can choose an expert iPhone System Recovery software to hard reset your iPhone 4s, without iTunes. Fix My iPhone is the best in its kind that can troubleshoot a variety of iPhone system issues. Here are the detailed steps of how to hard reset your iPhone 4s without iTunes (Top 5 Best Free iOS System Recovery Software 2019).
Open Fix My iPhone > Connect your iPhone 4s to a Mac computer.
How To Hard Reset iPhone 4s without iTunes Step 1
Confirm to start iOS system recovery procedure and click 'Continue' to start.
How To Hard Reset iPhone 4s without iTunes Step 2
Choose Instant iOS Fix option to start.
How To Hard Reset iPhone 4s without iTunes Step 3
Check the iOS firmware information. If everything is OK, click download.
How To Hard Reset iPhone 4s without iTunes Step 4
In this step, Fix My iPhone will uncompress the downloaded iOS firmware, check the validation and start to recover the iOS system. Once it finished, you can choose to restore your device from an iTunes backup or click Skip to ignore this. After that, you finished hard resetting your iPhone 4s without using iTunes, and you can now use your iPhone as normal.
How To Hard Reset iPhone 4s without iTunes Step 5
The Bottom Line
Now can you hard/factory reset your iPhone 4s without iTunes? If you still have any iPhone System Recovery problems, feel free to leave a message in comment box and we are happy to help. One more thing, for common iPhone glitches, it's suggested to use Fix My iPhone instead of resetting your iPhone to manufacturer settings. Free Download To Have A Try >
Fix My iPhone
Version 1.5.8 (February 7, 2020) / Support iOS 4 - iOS 13.3
Category: iPhone Fix
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >