Clear Firefox Caches on an iPhone iPad [iOS 13]
A web cache (or HTTP cache) is an information technology which has been wildly used for the temporary storage (caching) of web documents. A Web browser stores the HTML pages you visited and images you viewed, so as to reduce server lag.
Deleting stored cache data from Firefox can be a good way to keep your browsing activities private, clear up some storage space on your iPhone, and troubleshoot iOS 12 update problems that you are having when trying to view a website. The Firefox browser on your iPhone allows you to delete different types of stored data, follow steps below to learn how to clean up Firefox caches on an iPhone quickly.
What Type of Firefox Cache Data You Can Remove
Before starting to clear the history, caches and cookies from Firefox on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you'd better take a look at what type of data is available for safely removing. According to Mozilla, Firefox offers the clean up option for the following data.
- Firefox Browsing History - addresses and cached text for websites you've visited. Clearing this will remove these websites from your top sites.
- Firefox Caches - parts of web pages that are stored in the Firefox browser to make them load faster the next time you visit.
- Firefox Cookies - files that contain information about your visit to a website, including site preferences and user information.
- Firefox Offline Website Data - Files a website stores in your device (if you've allowed it) so you can continue to use it offline.
- Firefox Saved Logins - Records of usernames and passwords.
Steps To Clear Firefox Caches on an iPhone
The steps in this guide were performed on an iPhone 8 Plus in iOS 11.4.1. The version of Firefox being used was the most recent one available when the article was written (How To Clear Cache on Mac). This article is specifically about clearing the cache in Firefox on iPhone and other iOS devices. Here are the detailed steps.
On your iPhone, Tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen:
Clear Firefox Caches on an iPhone Step 1
Tap Settings in the menu panel > In the Firefox Settings menu, under the Privacy section, tap Clear Private Data.
Clear Firefox Caches on an iPhone Step 2
Tap the Switch next to the types of information you'd like to remove > Tap the Clear Private Data button to start cleaning Firefox caches on your iPhone.
Fix My iPhone
Version 1.5.8 (February 7, 2020) / Support iOS 4 - iOS 13.3
Category: iPhone Fix
More iPhone/Mac Related Tips
- How To Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account In Seconds >
- Best iPhone / iTunes Backup Extractor Software >
- How To Find My Recently Deleted App on iPhone >
- Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Computer >
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 Plus >
- Top 15 Best Facebook Alternative You Cannot Miss >