Norton Internet Security, developed by Symantec, is a computer program that provides malware prevention and removal during a subscription period. Other features included in the product are a personal firewall, email spam filtering, and phishing protection.
Norton Internet Security has been superseded by Norton Security since 2015, a rechristened adaptation of the Norton 360 security suite. If you still use Norton Internet Security but feel this outdated program is slowing down your Mac, you can follow this article to uninstall Norton Internet Security from your Mac quickly (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac).
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Norton on Mac
Norton Security for Mac, Norton AntiVirus for Mac and Norton Internet Security for Mac use different uninstalling approaches. So depending on your Norton product, follow the steps in one of the following sections.
- Step 1: Open Finder > Applications > double-click Norton Security.
- Step 2: On the menu bar, click Norton Security > Uninstall Norton Security.
- Step 3: In the Uninstall Norton Security confirmation window, click Uninstall.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling Norton on Mac Manually
Even you are a Mac-savvy and have plenty of programming experience, you may meet kinds of Norton Security uninstalling problems, like:
- You may have removed all Norton products but still get annoying notifications.
- Norton Security for Mac cannot get removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Norton Security for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Norton Security on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall Norton on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Most Mac users prefer to have a reliable method to get rid of Norton (and other stubborn apps like MacKeeper) from their Mac. Omni Remover 2 is one of the best Mac App Uninstaller utilities can have been downloaded 100,000 times and counting. Follow steps below to uninstall Norton Security for Mac quickly.
Norton Security for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find Norton Security and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning Norton Security, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Norton Security and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Norton Security from your Mac with our suggestions above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here: