Minecraft is a sandbox video game created by Swedish game designer Notch, who later went on to found Mojang, which has since been the developer and publisher of Minecraft. The creative and building aspects of Minecraft allow players to build with a variety of different cubes in a 3D procedurally generated world.
Minecraft allows installing special mods to diversify the game. However, if too many mods are installed on your Mac, the game may slow down your computer and force you to reinstall Minecraft on your Mac. This article will show you how to completely uninstall Minecraft with few easy steps (Learn How To Uninstall Stubborn Programs on Mac).
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Minecraft on Mac
There are a couple of ways to uninstall Minecraft from your Mac. Similar as other Mac applications, you can accomplish this by following steps below.
- Step 1: Open Finder > Go Applications in the sidebar > Find Minecraft icon:
- Step 2: Control-click or right-click the Minecraft icon, and selecting Move to Trash.
- Step 3: Empty the trash folder and it’s done to uninstall Minecraft from your Mac.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling Minecraft on Mac Manually
One of the common problems to uninstall Minecraft from your Mac is you may still have many app leftover junks hogging your Mac storage (Learn How To Free Up Space on Mac). Here are more frequently occurred Minecraft uninstalling problems.
- Minecraft for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Minecraft for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Minecraft on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall Minecraft on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Installing Mac apps is simple since most apps are self-contained that won’t mess with the rest of your system. But it’s another story if you’ve installed ‘Stubborn’ apps like MacKeeper, Kaspersky and even Minecraft. That’s why you should choose a professional Mac App Uninstaller tool like Omni Remover 2, which would be your best helper for its simple operation, intelligent feature set, and $0 price tag.
Minecraft for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find Minecraft and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning Minecraft, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Step 4: Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Minecraft and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Minecraft from your Mac with our suggestions above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here: