LogMeIn is a cloud-based remote connectivity software for collaboration, IT management and customer engagement. The company’s products include LogMeIn Pro, LogMeIn Central, LogMeIn Hamachi, LogMeIn Backup, which give users access to remote computers.
LogMeIn is quite popular for its simplicity and polished design. But when you tried to uninstall LogMeIn from your Mac, the app may be still running on the background, even you uninstall it using the providedLogMeIn uninstaller for it. So how do you do clean LogMeIn uninstall on your Mac for good? Read this article to find a quick solution.
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall LogMeIn on Mac
One shortcoming of uninstalling LogMeIn for Mac is that the software doesn’t have inbuilt uninstaller program. So you have to remove LogMeIn from Mac manually by following steps below:
- Step 1: Open the Terminal from /Applications/Utilities
- Step 2: Type:
/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/bin/LogMeIn.app/Contents/Helpers/logmeinserverctrl stop
- Step 3: If the LogMeIn icon still shows in the taskbar, run the following commands in sequence:
/bin/launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.logmein.logmeinserver.plist 2>/dev/null euid:0 uid:0 /bin/launchctl bsexec 68 chroot -u 501 -g 20 / /bin/launchctl unload -S Aqua /Library/LaunchAgents/com.logmein.logmeingui.plist 2>&1 euid:0 uid:0 /bin/launchctl bsexec 68 chroot -u 501 -g 20 / /bin/launchctl unload -S Aqua /Library/LaunchAgents/com.logmein.logmeinguiagent.plist 2>&1 euid:0 uid:0 /bin/launchctl unload -S LoginWindow /Library/LaunchAgents/com.logmein.logmeinguiagentatlogin.plist 2>/dev/null euid:0 uid:0
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling LogMeIn on Mac Manually
Even you are a Mac-savvy and have plenty of programming experience, you may meet kinds of LogMeIn uninstalling problems, like:
- LogMeIn for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to LogMeIn for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of LogMeIn on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall LogMeIn on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Omni Remover 2 saves you the trouble of handling these terminals and programming works with 1-2-3 LogMeIn for Mac Uninstaller solution. You can simply download Omni Remover 2, and follow the steps below to get LogMeIn removed from your Mac in few seconds.
LogMeIn for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find LogMeIn and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning LogMeIn, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing LogMeIn and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled LogMeIn from your Mac with our suggestions above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here: