What Is Soundflower?
CrashPlan is a cloud-based client available for a wide variety of computers, from Macs and Windows PCs to Linux and Solaris systems. There are also apps for accessing stored data for Apple iOS and Android devices. By default, CrashPlan gathers up key personal files like your music, video and desktop files for backing up, but ignores Windows/Mac and system files.
On August 2017, CrashPlan made an announcement about its cloud backup service exclusively focuses on businesses, and the company is planning to shut down its “CrashPlan for Home” product as a result. This leads a flood of users to quit the service and uninstall CrashPlan from the computer. This article shows a complete guide on how to remove CrashPlan from Mac quickly.
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall CrashPlan on Mac
Code42, the developer of CrashPlan, offers decent app removal method. You can follow steps below to uninstall CrashPlan from your Mac.
- Step 1: Open the Finder > Press Command-Shift-G > A dialog box appears: Go to the folder.
- Step 2: Paste this text into the dialog box:
Installed for everyone: /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/Uninstall.app Installed per user: ~/Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/Uninstall.app
- Step 3: Click Go > Double-click Uninstall > Follow the prompts to complete theCrashPlan uninstall process.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling CrashPlan on Mac Manually
Uninstalling the CrashPlan app with steps above helps you get rid of the log files associated with your backups on this Mac computer. But a CrashPlan identity file will be left on your Mac in case you reinstall in the future. Besides, you may have the following CrashPlan won’t uninstall problems (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac):
- CrashPlan for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to CrashPlan for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of CrashPlan on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall CrashPlan on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Omni Remover 2 comes to give you a complete CrashPlan uninstalling solution. By thoroughly scan your disk and system, this pro-level Mac App Uninstaller program can detect and remove all CrashPlan for Mac leftovers, remaining caches, orphaned or corrupt junks. Follow steps below to get it done shortly.
CrashPlan for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find CrashPlan and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning CrashPlan, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing CrashPlan and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled CrashPlan from your Mac with our suggestions above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here: